1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Watch recommendation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by thumper, Sep 24, 2012.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Need suggestions.

I need a new watch. I really kind of want a sports watch that displays time in digital. I have dress watches and they're great but look silly if I'm lounging around in sweats.

I have two G-shock watches. One was the cheapo for 99 bucks and the other was $600 but while they're great watches, there's too much shit going on and honestly the display is too dim. I turn on the automatic light thing so when you tilt your wrist the lights come on, and it works great, but for some reason it keeps shutting the mode back manual.

Anyway, need a recommendation on a good sports watch. Needs a timer and alarm and prefer digital but a combo with analog arms and digital alarms/timers would work.

Anyone got thoughts?

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

byu the way, so far it looks like these Suunto watches are pretty cool. This one is $300 which is about what I want to spend, and it looks awesome. But I don't know SHIT about Suunto. Anyone?

v[​IMG]

http://www.suunto.com/us/en/products/Outdoor_Sports_Instruments/suunto-core/Suunto-Core-All-Black

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. Virtualpurple

Virtualpurple Go Team Venture!

I can't imagine spending 600 bucks for a piece of jewelry, call it what you will, but its a pretty piece of metal for men.

I have a watch that I paid money for years ago that no longer works. Looks okay on the wrist though.

3. Panchong

Panchong Banned

View attachment 1305

4. Virtualpurple

Virtualpurple Go Team Venture!

This just in; a tool makes an unoriginal post.

5. Intellectual

Intellectual Breathe Life Into a Stone

6. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

Doesn't your phone have the time on it?

7. Intellectual

[​IMG]

8. The Sundance Kid

You sell high end watches don't you Intell?

9. thumper

I cant afford a really nice watch right now.

in fact, currently I don't own a single high end watch. When I went broke I had to sell all of my nice watches and i don't forsee being in that dollar market again for awhile. I had a Gerald Genta 18k calendar, a badass Chanel ceramic black but even then to a high end watch seller those are trinkets. neither was over $7000. I could never afford those 20k watches.

Right now I have 3 dress watches, all less than $1200, so nothing high end

But I really want a decent sports watch. If nobody makes a good suggestion (i love Armani stuff but I want digital this time.) i'll probably get that suunto i posted.

FYI did you know casio G-Shock goes to $1000? mine was $600 (frogman but i ahve a cheapy one too for $100) and I thought I had the top of the line. yoikes

10. The Sundance Kid

I can get you a nice two tone Rolex for $1550.

No box, no papers, but guaranteed legit.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

But I think that is the opposite direction that your going in.

11. Frag x 3

Frag x 3 everybody's friend

I paid $2,850 for my Omega Seamaster. $2,800 for my TAG Heuer my wife got me as a wedding present. Spending money on watches is no different than spending money on anything else that gives you pleasure or satisfaction. I spend half my workday divided up between here, Reddit, and WatchUSeek forums.

SDK, send me the details of this Rolex. I'm going to a police auction next week to check out some Rolexes they'll apparently have there, seized assets and the like.

When it comes to dress-down" watches, I still have analog watches, just Quartz models. A Seiko Sportura chronograph, and a Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Calendar that my wife bought me as well. I have no need for a digital watch, but that Frogman you speak of sounds bad ass. I'll have to take a look.

12. thumper

well... depends on the model. have you got a pic? i could be in the market.

13. Intellectual

Nope, the family just sells gemstones. We don't even sell bracelets/necklaces/rings etc anymore.

Market is shitty right now.

14. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

steampunk watch
    [​IMG]

15. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

16. The Sundance Kid

I have a cousin that deals in high end diamonds and watches.

He mentioned the Rolex to me a few days ago, I'll ask him more details, I haven't even seen the watch.

He wears a bad ass presidential.

17. Frag x 3

Frag x 3 everybody's friend

My father-in-law has a diamond-encrusted Presidential. Totally bad ass.

18. thumper

don't forget dude. i may very well be interested. Try to get a picture of the actual watch including the band and back OK?

19. thumper

Any further word on this SDK?

I bought this suunto FYI

20. The Sundance Kid

I haven't seen him in a few weeks, but I'll ask him about it when I do.