1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Vent and Post Your Random Rant Here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Aug 27, 2008.

1. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

I worked the final day on my notice tonight at my previous job. I posted this in the group message and then left the group:

Poindexter and sourdough like this.
  2. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

My best friend from 9th grade until I was in my late 20s died in 2010. His parents live 5 houses down from my sister so anytime I go to a family function, I pass by there and see the car he had just bought before he died, sitting under a car cover.

Anyway, I was looking at buying a house when the lease is up on my current place and my last business loan is paid in December freeing up a nice chunk of my income. In the meantime, I’m not exactly in a place where I can buy at this very moment which brings me to this mini rant.

His parents are selling the house. I spent many weekends there as a teenager hiding out with my best friend, keeping away from my bastard ol’ man. They have it well overpriced but it would be worth it for the sentimental value alone. And somehow I doubt it will be available come next year when I’m ready and that frustrates me.

Poindexter likes this.
  3. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

If you're that open, I might just start by looking at what municipal pension gigs match your skills/interesting/availability. I don't know the details but some (all?) cities give pension contributions even for part time employees.

Miz likes this.
  4. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Got a new smoker/grill. I think I mentioned already. Today is the first test. I’m smoking some brined pork shoulders.

Kevo and Qball1974 like this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Neighbors across the street have constantly parked on the street since they moved in last year. Usually it's right in front of our driveway across the street. It's a busy street, for a development. It's annoying trying to back out of our driveway, and even more annoying considering they have a driveway that can fit 4 or 5 cars. A few months ago someone hit their front fender, so for a few weeks they moved their cars on our side, but a little further down. They even got a note from the town over the winter, when they all went on vacation, telling them to move their vehicles or they would be towed (illegal to block the road during certain hours for snow plowing.)

This afternoon I was outside and hear a loud ass gnarly noise. In my mind it sounded like a tree fell on a car and was then being dragged on the road, or a house foundation giving way and dragging something metal with it. I ran inside and I look out the front window and see both cars parked in the road. First car is fucked. Front fender dented in and folded into the door, door folded in where it meets the fender, door also pushed in at the bottom, side skirt under the door ripped completely off, rear wheel well area scraped to shit. Second car had the corner of it's front bumper caved it, and the front fender scratched to shit/dented. A little up the road I see another car on the other side of the road, driven by an 18 year old kid who just got his license 2 days ago. Took 15 minutes for the kid's dad to show up and he flipped his shit. Dad's car, says out loud that he wasn't even sure his son was on the insurance plan yet. Took 2 hours for the cop to finally show up. Everyone was surprisingly calm, except for the kid's mom and dad.

Funny part is that once the cop left, and the guy's car got towed (blew out a tire and fucked up the fender,) they magically were able to fit all of their vehicle in their fucking driveway.

Poindexter, Miz, Kano and 1 other person like this.
  6. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

Anyone have any suggestions for restaurants in the Denver area? Heading there soon and I'm too lazy and indecisive at the moment to actually pick a place...

7. Miz

I like the Outback Steakhouse. That bloomin onion is killer.

CA_Gas Bag likes this.
  8. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I’ve been known to order one to go and go pick it up. They’re terrible for you but damn they’re good.

Miz likes this.
  9. Miz

I’m learning acoustic guitar while my son naps. My 9 year old daughter bought a guitar the other day. We did violin for a year but she wanted to quit after her recital. This is fun b/c I can learn some during the day, from YouTube, and then show her the video at night. I’m going to have to get one too b/c this 3/4 guitar is small. I have a bass guitar that I never got good at l, but I’m hoping we can jam some on it. Better than just watching tv.

Qball1974 and FrankieButNotEdgar like this.
  10. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

you guys are going to have to leave me alone or a while, Ancient Aliens is on television right now.

Poindexter likes this.
  11. disposableassassin

Hey

12. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

[​IMG]

Kano likes this.
  13. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

A 2 hour bus ride with a bunch of 6th-8th grade chorus kids is a top 5 activity I wouldn’t recommend

disposableassassin likes this.
  14. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

:aliens:

15. disposableassassin

Being a chaperone can be painful. I couldn't imagine the bus load of singing children Haha

They usually stick me with the super challenging children because I'm huge and they fall in line better. Until they realize I'm just a giant pushover. Then all hell breaks loose haha

chrisc likes this.
  16. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Haha last time I chaperoned by 4th graders field trip I accidentally taught the kids how to give wet Willy’s when I did it to my daughter. I just assumed every kid knew that. I’m not a good chaperone at all. As long as I don’t teach them any new words it’s a success

sourdough and disposableassassin like this.
  17. disposableassassin

The language. That's the real challenge haha

Kevo likes this.
  18. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

The worst. I try but still let quite a few slip around my kids. “Fuck” is the worst for me because it’s my filler word for everything. Honestly it probably is something I need to work on

disposableassassin and Kevo like this.
  19. disposableassassin

Same. I over heard my daughter telling her brother, "stop being a dick and go the fuck into your room."

Granted she is an adult now but it is definitely an indictment of how I speak day to day. I really need to stop. Plus, pretty sure I heard the baby say "FUK" when he dropped his cup yesterday....

chrisc and Poindexter like this.
  20. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I was watching The Masters and a guy missed a putt. I said Oh damn. My two year old replied "Ug doooom!"

chrisc, disposableassassin and Miz like this.