1. Having nothing to struggle against, they have nothing to struggle for. "UFC on ESPN 1: Velasquez vs NGannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
    Dismiss Notice

Vent and Post Your Random Rant Here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

^^ Shit. I need to remember that when my nephew starts getting crazy at times. He loves reading too, so it'll definitely get him to chill the fuck out.

Qball1974 likes this.
  2. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I have terrible anxiety and I refuse to take medicine for it. Today, I was taking my little boy to get a haircut and I started having heart palpitations, also something I’ve dealt with for years. I’ve been told I’m fine by more than one practitioners and 3 cardiologists. It doesn’t help when the shit starts happening though and I went into full meltdown mode. I dropped my daughter and little boy off with my mom and drove myself over to my doctors office. $140 later, the ECG came back perfect and I’m fine. But fuck me, this shit is scary.

Miz and Poindexter like this.
  3. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Theeeeeeeeen fuckin take medicine for it.

Miz likes this.
  4. FrankieButNotEdgar

The side effects of the shit is worse than the shit itself.

Qball1974 likes this.
  5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

The side effects are worse than you having a meltdown dumping your kids off at a relatives and going to the hospital?

When's the last time you talked to a dr about meds? If it's been a couple years you should look into it/

Qball1974 likes this.
  6. FrankieButNotEdgar

I’m at my doctors office. I didn’t go to the hospital. And I didn’t dump them off. They had no idea what is going on. I just told them they were gonna stay with grandma for a little while.

It’s not normally this bad. But yea, I don’t do well with meds.

Miz likes this.
  7. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

I always laugh at the ads on T.V selling medications (talk to your doctor),

at the end of the ad are a list of side effects that scare the shit out of you.

But yeah new meds are out all the time, talk to your family doctor.

Took me years to find meds that worked for me (they're new).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Miz likes this.
  8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

What about therapy man?

Miz likes this.
  9. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

This place is like therapy.

Miz and Poindexter like this.
  10. FrankieButNotEdgar

I don’t have insurance. My plan for 2018-2019 is to get all my debt paid and restart fresh in 2020. I’m 60 percent done. So I need health insurance.

Even after my ECG came back perfect today and my doc listening to my heart telling me it sounds good, I’m still having palpitations and it’s still freaking me out, even as I write this.

11. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

It’s something you can work through. I know you can do it. I would look into some sort of therapy that has a sliding scale as you work on getting insurance. Try to find techniques to focus on something else that allows you to distract yourself and calm yourself. Take stock in the fact that doctors have okay'd your physical health (repeatedly) in these situations.

12. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Getting OC sprayed Friday so fuck everyone and everything

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  13. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

I have no idea what you mean by this but congrats on all the sex?

Cat--Smasher, Poindexter and Kevo like this.
  14. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I’m a virgin

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

I hurt my leg in BLET the week before they did the tear gas and taser shots. I’m told it’s not as bad as it sounds but I don’t have a frame of reference since I missed it.

16. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I’ve heard taser is horrible. I know OC is

17. disposableassassin

Screenshot_20190206-224530_Google.jpg

18. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

My dog bit my young one again today, bit my daughter and wife last week.

Think I might have to take him to the shelter tomorrow.

19. disposableassassin

Once when I was a small child my grandmother's dog bit me in the face. My dad came outside and slammed it against the wall snapping its neck instantly.

Also when I was young a neighbors dog bit my hand. Everyone blamed me but I knew I hadn't done anything to it. Months later it mauled a little girl and chewed her face up really bad. He went to the "farm"

About four years back a neighbors German shepherd attacked my son while he was on the other side of the road riding his bike. That dog is also enjoying the "farm" "life"

If it will attack a child for no reason it must be destroyed.

Qball1974, Kano and Kevo like this.
  20. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I got oc spray and tased in the Army for riot training. I’d sooner get tased once an hour on the hour for an entire day then get oc sprayed again. You laugh after you get tased. No laughing after oc spray.

@FrankieButNotEdgar i have major anxiety issues. I take medicine but I do other things as well. My doc showed me this free app called insighttimer. It’s got these quick meditations you can do. I’m not saying it will help in the moment of a major attack, but it can help long term. Just doing five minutes a Day is great. Check out the recovery thread if you ever wanted to talk. Several of us have anxiety issues. I’ve had major anxiety issues. It sucks.