Vent and Post Your Random Rant Here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Same, and if the tip is below $5 I add the extra.

2. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Yes

3. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I thought Canadians didn't tip well.

Qball1974 likes this.
  4. Qball1974

Everyone I know tips well, can't speak for the rest of the country :)

Kevo likes this.
  5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

It's one of those sterotypes about canadians. It might be a regional thing, since I heard it growing up in south florida.

Qball1974 likes this.
  6. Qball1974

Ahhhh all the old folks that grew up poor then moved to Florida when they retired,

Makes sense.

My mother grew up dirt poor and pinches every penny(drives me nuts), has no credit because if she can't pay cash she doesn't buy it.

Can't finance a car but can pay cash for a Porsche and drive away lol

My uncle was a millionaire and cheap as fuck, took us out to dinner at McDonalds once.

Kevo and Kano like this.
  7. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

It's a probably a snowbird thing.

Qball1974 and Kevo like this.
  8. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I told my ol' lady over and over and over again, don't let my son play with his toys in the living room. Make him keep them in the bedroom where they belong.

She called me a few minutes ago to tell me that he just took his train and threw it at the tv and now the lcd is scrambled. That tv was almost 2 grand and now it's worthless. I'm so fucking pissed.

Qball1974 likes this.
  9. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

You know..

We have many a disagreement on the Spot. Of course there's debate over the sport, favorite fighters, and various controveries. There are also debates and arguments and even the occasional personal attack over politics, religion, and more importantly, entertainment media. But in all my time on the site I haven't seen anything approach the level of forethought, cruelty, and outright malice like that which exists when two or more women just don't get along.

Now I know what you're thinking, "oh Ninja is clearly exaggerating just so he can stereotype an entire 'class' of people along the most basic of grouping" and ordinarily you'd be correct. See many of you here have come to understand that many of comments are attempts to put a sarcastic or cynical angle on a subject to subvert reader expectations. Some of my posts are more successful than others but I retain some measure of consistency for many of you to see past the shtick and drill down to the subtext which is usually "waaah I don't like it!". This approach leads me to often assume stances contrary to popular opinion just to illustrate a point.

But I'm really not doing that here. All humor aside I am constantly perplexed at how vindictive women are towards one another. That's not hyperbole either, that is my genuine estimation of their social constructs. Where no narrative for betrayal or wrong doing exists, it seems to be invented. Now it is entirely possible that I lack the ability to perceive these transgressions, either in their execution or their symbolism. But from my direct observations it seems as though women need, not want, need to dislike other women.

And I do not believe the same need exist for men.

This isn't commentary on sex or gender inequality. And I'm not casting aspersions on any group of people. I am hypothesizing whether women are programmed (as we all are programmed by our biology) to 'invent' what I can only call disgust towards other women based solely on preception.

A man's logic is direct. A woman's logic is abstract. That's just my opinion, not law, but based on that opinion I think women are biologically predisposed to see problems where they don't exist to exercise a deep emotional catharsis. But why the target is so often their brethren escapes me.

This will require additional observation. I will need a van.

m1ckey kn0x, #1taz, Miz and 1 other person like this.
  10. Kano

Tonight

[​IMG]

Mostly Clear

Low: 38 °F

Qball1974 and Poindexter like this.
  11. Qball1974

Been about 27c here for two weeks,

fucking killing me AC is on.

I'd never last south of the border.

12. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Why the fuck aren’t there more Publix stores in Virginia

13. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Brother I grew up on Publix in south florida. I miss those subs so damn much.

chrisc likes this.
  14. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Publix deli is life. But I love their meat / produce / bakery too. There’s none near me here for the next few weeks

Kevo likes this.
  15. Kano

A very weird phenomenon has been happening more and more lately.
    At first I thought it was because my eye sight is getting worse. Turns out my eye sight is deteriorating but that is not the cause of this peculiar situation.
    Perhaps the cause is poor lighting at my vanity but nope.
    Then it happened today at the gym.
    I was doing curls in front of the mirror, watching my form. Which is quite poor.

And there it was right in front of me in the mirror, my father.

I finally figured it out. the mirrors are distorted and reflecting back a much older person than who is standing in front of it.

Is it just the mirrors where I look?

Poindexter likes this.
  16. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I think it's some kind of weird practical joke being played out at scale. This morning, my mirror just showed some poor ugly sap. I just have to find out what I look like by touch; I'm gorgeous.

Kano likes this.
  17. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

In my mind my cock gains two inches of reach when I see it in the mirror.

18. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

That's just an erection you are gay for yourself

Poindexter and Miz like this.
  19. Kano

rep'd, you've picked up on that too:)

20. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Been raining here for a few days. Been nice cause we needed it. My son was suppose to have an 8am soccer game with 7am pictures. They said in an email that they wouldn’t tell us till 6am this morning. We got up and into the car and then they text. Fuckers. At least now I got a morning workout in.