1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Vent and Post Your Random Rant Here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin, Aug 27, 2008.

1. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Had to put my dog down over the weekend.

Had her since she was a pup and she was only 6. She was always a sickly dog, but we were told it was due to her pancreas. She got a little sick last week and we took her to the vet on Friday, then Saturday, after they ran ultrasounds and a shit ton of other tests that she had bad kidneys and it's a birth defect.

So, I posted in this thread because fuck having to put down good dogs.

Saddest shit ever.

2. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

sorry to hear that

Ive had dogs almost all my life and its always terrible to put them down

my hearts with you bro

3. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Sorry to hear man but just get a new one, continue the cycle it's for the best.

4. SickNasty

Thank you gents.

Immediately after the procedure, I was like " I'll never fucking do this shit again "

Two days later the thought of getting another started creeping in my head.

Fuckin weird.

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I just think best not to overthink it. Pet ownership is one of those things that's less practical more emotive.

You care for a pet while you can, they pass, and you carry on with another. That doesn't really cheapen anything just allows you to continue caring for something other than yourself which is the ultimate therapy imo.

Poindexter and Malevolence like this.
  6. Trodden

what kind of dog did you have? any thoughts on a new one? as in breed/rescue/etc

just dont get a puppy mill dog

disposableassassin likes this.
  7. SickNasty

Agreed man.

I got the dog kind of out of a weird scenario. I had been with my ladyfriend for like 4 years and she got the dog right before we moved in together. She got the dog, a Pomeranian, at like 8 or 9 weeks. We've had her ever since.

She was a Pomeranian. Growing up with big dogs I felt a bit weird having such a small dog. Prior, I hated little dogs, but she definitely changed my outlook.

I'm not really sure that I want to get another dog soon, as I'd like to get used to not having one and all the responsibilities of having one.

I love Staffordshire Bull Terriers, however. They're small enough where you can kind of bullshit your way into a house rental that allows small dogs, but they're playful, affectionate, and goofy as fuck.

Poindexter, Cat--Smasher and Trodden like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Have a frigging abscessed/infected tooth. Went to the dentist yesterday morning after it popped, and I was seriously thinking of offing myself from all the pain I was in. Antibiotics (Clindamycin) have helped a lot so far, even though it could kill me if I don't make sure to drink a ton of fluids and eat beforehand. Getting this fucker out on Friday. It'll be the first time I've had a tooth removed without being knocked out. I have a horrible gag reflex (as most of you know :friendlywink:), so that should be fun.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, in case I die. Y'all will have to decide who's taking over the Pick 'ems.

Poindexter likes this.
  9. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Our boy @dan the man also is dealing the the recent loss of a loved one. So hard to deal with, that unconditional love is like no other.

All you can do is value the time you had.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 10, 2017, ---
    Get er done.

Fuck. I know your pain. I dealt with one earlier in the year. Broke a molar in half and it started to get infected, brutal pain.

Got that bitch pulled and it was a much less stressful & painful experience as I was expecting. They used some tool that pulled that shit with no pain. I was actually impressed. The bone graph bill was a bitch if you go that option but either way, get it done, its worth it.

Poindexter and Spoon like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Well, I'm alive. Shit was over quick. Pain is bothering me a lot though (possibly the infection). Add in the fact that I can't smoke/vape for at least 48 hours, this is pretty rough.

Miz and Poindexter like this.
  11. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

No kidding,

My hypoallergenic dog has major fucking allergies!!!!

Don't cheap out and do your homework peoples.

Trodden likes this.
  12. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

The family and I drove about an hour away from home last night after I closed up shop to go see a pup. On our way down, we noticed a speed trap being set up by two State Patrolman so I told my ol' lady to remind me to set cruise control on the way back. I tend do have a lead foot and let my speed get away from me.

So we saw the pup, put our deposit down and left. Sure enough, she reminded me to set cruise control to which I did.

We passed the two Patrolmen sitting in the dark in the center of the median and sure enough, they lit me up. Now I have the cruise control set so I know for a fact I'm doing 5 miles over the limit but nothing more and I've never, ever been pulled over for doing 5 over the limit.

I pull over and the Patrolman comes up to the window and said I was doing 71. Now I know this is complete and total horseshit because cruise was set at 65. So he either clocked the wrong car, is outright lying or I have a calibration issue with my odometer. I politely objected to his clocked speed and told him I knew they were sitting there and was on cruise control. He told me to get my odometer checked and if it's off, the DA would dismiss the ticket. The problem is I work 7 days a week and this fucking ticket was written an hour from home. So now, I have to take my truck in to get it checked and if this guy clocked the wrong car and my odometer is fine, then I basically have to hire a lawyer to fight it.

To make matters worse, not even 5 minutes later, we are on our way home and both Troopers come flying up on our right side hauling ass with lights off, so they're not in a rush to a call, they're just driving 80 for no reason after writing me a ticket. It's fucking nonsense.

kanobro and Poindexter like this.
  13. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Fuck sake, brush your teeth.

Malevolence and Spoon like this.
  14. Trodden

good god in heaven pickle juice is the best fucking chicken marinade

Miz likes this.
  15. Miz

Miz Badlands

Really. I'll have to try this. You're not fucking with me are you Clarke? Sweet or regular dill pickles?
    --- Post Added -- Oct 16, 2017, ---
    What type of cooking for the chicken?

Trodden likes this.
  16. Trodden

serious

I marinated some chicken breasts overnight in pickle juice, dill. then grilled a couple for lunch and they were fucking amazing

Id bet just about any style of cooking would work, but Id avoid baking as the smell of the pickle juice would probably be a little strong in the kitchen

Im going to use the rest of the chicken in a stir fry tonight

the juice stains the chicken a little yellow, but some BBQ sauce (at least on the grill) made it just perfect

it really kept the meat juicy

Miz likes this.
  17. Miz

Miz Badlands

I will try. Thanks.

Trodden likes this.
  18. Trodden

let me know if you come up with a good recipe

Miz likes this.
  19. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

When is a the due date?

A little Trodden running around will be so fun!

Trodden likes this.
  20. Trodden

april 20th

I doubt God hates us all that much