Updated- T.J. Dillashaw: DJ can't run from me anymore; Johnson eyes July showdown

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

T.J. Dillashaw after UFC 217 title win: Demetrious Johnson can't run from me anymore

2. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Well-Known Member

If TJ wants to fight at 125, I would rather see him have a warm up fight to get use to fighting at the lower weight, although that would tie up the 135 title for a long long time. Guess we could have another Interim title....

So DJ wins, my guess is that they will have a rematch at 135 so DJ can try to take that belt as well.

3. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

T.J. Dillashaw shuts down Cody Garbrandt’s requests: ‘He doesn’t deserve a rematch’
    Cody Garbrandt believes he’s still the better fighter, wants another crack at T.J. Dillashaw

4. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

TJ needs to worry about beating Cruz first and not overlooking Garbrandt for a rematch as I think that match up goes 50/50 either way when they rematch.

5. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Why should Cody get a rematch?

Zero title defences and he got finished in the second round. It's not like he lost a controversial split decision or had been reigning for years with multiple title defences.

6. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

DJ vs TJ is fine with me.
    You could have a Cruz/Cody rematch in the meantime

kanobro likes this.
  7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

No rematch for you.

Mr. Cornute and Trodden like this.
  8. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

Cody is too irritating for me to want anything for him

except to get smashed by Mighty Mouse

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Fe1 likes this.
  9. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

jesus christ, dunce Cody is little more than a 20 cent cliche machine. read his words. 99% of what he says are old, tired cliches. nothing he says ever has substance of any kind. And it's not just this. read or watch any interview. it's the same. 'eagle snatches up a snake' 'semi doesn't worry about a pebble' just stupid meathead shit you hear in a gym.

And TJ is right, Cody couldn't defend his title. he doesn't deserve a rematch. it's not like it was a decision, or a trip, or freak accident. TJ exploited a weakness and put him down. period.

and you have to love the 'i'm not going to make excuses' line right on the cusp of insinuating you had problems. "i'm not going to make excuses but let me vaguely toss one out there anyway"

'technical error'. lol any way you can minimize it i spose. I don't like TJ either but i'd much rather see him with the belt. and he's not lying about that whole TAm battle, I've never heard TJ talk shit about it. he's always defended himself but never talked shit that I remember. maybe I'm wrong. It feels like they were butthurt. guys move around, and now he's just proven that winning his belt wasn't a fluke. And he might be right that he shouldn't have lost his belt. it was a close fight. i thought he lost, but it wouldn't have been a huge robbery had he gotten the nod.

I don't know, Cody is going to go off and kill or seriously hurt someone. it's really obvious he has zero self control after watching TUF. I can't imagine his household is very fun

Poindexter and Mr. Cornute like this.
  10. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Urijah Faber hints that a fight with T.J. Dillashaw could coax him out of retirement

--- Post Added -- Nov 6, 2017, ---
    TJ celebrating by adding to his sleeve. Dude has some killer work.

Poindexter likes this.
  11. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I would have thought Cruz would get a nod. I don't understand an immediate rematch.

I'm all for a fight with DJ but catch-weight that shit... Tired of this perpetual championship bottle necking.

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Cruz should be next. Don’t call out a smaller fighter. Give me a fucking break.

13. Sakara=Excitement

Cruz needs to get through Jimmie first which is a tall task.

Dimson likes this.
  14. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Winner of that fight is next at 135 for sure. Cody should get Dodson or Sterling next.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  15. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

Immediate rematches should be reserved for long term champs who either lost on a flash KO or controversial decision. Cody has no merits to an immediate rematch.
    I wouldn't mind seeing DJ vs TJ because at this point who else does DJ fight? He literally has cleaned out his division.

Fe1 and Dimson like this.
  16. Sakara=Excitement

I was thinking Cody could get Lineker. What do you think about that fight?

Fe1 and Nebraska like this.
  17. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Doubt it would last very long. Lineker probably KO's Cody.

18. Sakara=Excitement

There's a good possibility. TJ isn't known for his KO power and put down Cody. Either way, the winner of that positions themselves really nicely at the top of the contenders of that division. But no doubt, the winner of Cruz/Rivera should get TJ.

19. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Well-Known Member

If someone is willing to cut the weight to fight in that person's division, I have no problem with it. TJ is not asking DJ to move up to 135.

Faber: Would love to see TJ smash Faber.

People are jumping off the Cody bandwagon pretty quick (not saying you were on it Nebraska, just saying in general). He made some mistakes in the TJ fight and got over aggressive a few times, let emotions get the better of him. I still think TJ/Cody rematch could go either way.

Also interesting to see how he responds to his first loss. Wonder if it will put doubt in his mind.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  20. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

If that neck tat didn't put doubt in his mind then I doubt a loss will.

Beardown98, kanobro and Poindexter like this.