1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Updated: Greg Hardy transitioning to MMA, preparing for pro debut with UFC's DWCS

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Because the victim didn't show up for the appeal.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  2. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Fuck.This.Guy.

3. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

That dude better never make it to the UFC. if he does, it's going to be very bad. The PR will be horrible. especially to a company that pretends to be so against DV.

4. thumper

he was convicted. but shockingly, she didn't show up to defend, he appeals the conviction and since they had no witness anymore he got it expunged. Doesn't change that he was convicted of the crime.

Beardown98 likes this.
  5. Noise

Noise Ruido

I've always heard that prosecutors don't need the victim to move forward with a case/conviction (for this very reason, I guess?).

6. thumper

FYI @Noise this guy is a grade - a piece of shit

that dude either paid her off, or scared her out of testifying
    --- Post Added -- Jun 12, 2018, ---
    the NFL also did their own investigation and found he was guilty.

and they don 't have to drop it. the state can pick up the charges, but let's be honest, a pro bowler? with a valid contract to play? money made that call

Beardown98 and Noise like this.
  7. Noise

Noise Ruido

Jesus, who in the fuck is this dude. I would figure a district attorney with an election would be chomping at the bit to prosecute a case like that, even without a victim's on-hand testimony.

I also wonder how a fighter's union would handle this.

8. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Any good wrestler is going to smash him. Ay least Dana is going to try and protect him competition wise. You know the complete opposite of what they did with C.M. Pink. Granted Hardy, even if he is a woman beater, is a much better athlete.

thumper likes this.
  9. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

It is on Tuesday nights at 5pm pst. Live on Fight Pass.

If you miss it, you have to wait until the episode is complete before you can go back on FP and watch a replay.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 13, 2018, ---
    The media is eating up this Hardy win.

MMAJunkie has Greg Hardy articles as its top 5 articles on its website this morning. Gross.

Developmental Deal Likely Means More Bouts Outside UFC for Greg Hardy

10. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

11. thumper

this is the new hyperbole UFC. they will put him against guys that have zero grappling and couldn't take anyone down.

Welcome to the 'Endeavor' era. What I think is going to be the eventual end of the UFC as we know it.

12. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Oh there is no way he sees a legit wrestler in a long, long time. They are going to feed him strikers.

thumper likes this.
  13. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

The UFC hasn't been the same for years. I think when the UFC signed with Fox and left Spike. That was the end of the UFC as we knew it. In the last 5 years, nothing they've done has been surprising if you were paying attention.

14. thumper

That's not true at all. The UFC always forced prize fights but they held to the belts and titles too. WME has stated on record they aren't evern considering titles as the best fighter in the division, it's only for the best fighter that night.

they are going to introduce more belts before adding more divisions and they're adding a slew of divisions. They also put that on record, though i can't find it. I DO have proof of them officially claiming belts/titles aren't reflective of the true champions

it started right when conor came up. the UFC was hinting at this move, but never abandoned their belt credibility. WME instantly did. it's much different and the entire company exists now to do almost all prize fights.

The UFC held titles and title fights as really big deals and felt credibility there was at least kind of important, even though they still hand picked them

The m issing link here is catch weight fights. Champions of divisions and contenders of divisions could have way more fights if they did non-title catch weight fights for the cool match ups or 'prize fights' but they don't do it that way. instead of managing both they skew it to the same division.

when was the last time you saw a planned catch weight fight in the UFC?
    --- Post Added -- Jun 13, 2018, ---
    yeah. that falls in line with their whole MO. they hold off giving some guys well rounded fighters when they're on-dimensional. but sooner or later hand picking opponents runs you up the 'ranks' and you're forced to fight contenders when they suddenly can't avoid them

15. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

"I'm gonna use the controversy of having this guy to get more eyes on the shows that have my name on them."

AnchorPunch likes this.
  16. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Morning Report: Domestic violence victim Jessica-Rose Clark ‘very against’ UFC signing Greg Hardy

17. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Hardy vs Rumble please.

18. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

I think I've been going on and on about this for a few years now, since from the moment I heard he started transitioning to MMA, expressly because HW is such a shallow division (with a glaring disparity among the level of athleticism and conditioning), and because this guy is a legit elite-level athlete, it was apparent from the moment he started to get actual legitimate training, that his potential upside would be limitless since MMA doesn't get THIS level of athlete still in their relative primes. Hardy has the opportunity to go far and on all levels, this is awful.

I've got nothing else to contribute to this deal, since I've laid out the issues for a while, but holy shit am I incredibly disappointed in how everybody has handled this and even knowing Dana's a scummy fucking cunt, this is a low point even for him when you know the entire story. I'm not surprised, but as a fifteen-ish year customer, I'm disgusted and turned off by this move and won't have anything to do with paying money to see this fucker fight.

There are special circumstances and rehabilitation for DV offenders and extreme nuance to these incidents and IMO, contrition is a major factor- so I won't paint all individuals with the same brush here. Greg Hardy isn't that guy, Greg Hardy is a piece of shit and isn't going to change. I'm just gonna sit back, not pay for his fights and root like hell for his opponents to TBI the fuck out of him and hopefully ghost him from the sport. It makes the sport look so trashy, and we're talking about MMA here folks!

Sakara=Excitement, sourdough and Kano like this.
  19. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

What do you make of the folks at ATT championing for him? I don't follow football, so I have no idea how he handled it there (though obviously I've heard not well!). At the same time, there are certainly people who show contrition in private life but continue to have contempt for the media. Is it possible he's one of those? If not, am I just going to have to sit with the fact that MMA culture forgives violent offenders in ways we shoudn't?

20. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Fucking Co signed