1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Updated: Greg Hardy transitioning to MMA, preparing for pro debut with UFC's DWCS

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

2. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Bisping starting on colour commentary tomorrow night for DWCS.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2018, ---

Dimson likes this.
  3. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

War Motha Fuckin' Austen Lane!

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  4. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Greg Hardy explains why people should give him a chance despite domestic violence history
    Ex-NFL player Austen Lane is ready to make his name in a second sport — and at Greg Hardy’s expense
    --- Post Added -- Jun 12, 2018, ---

5. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Greg Hardy needs to fight his barber.

6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Or a bus

7. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

It's not just that he's got this history of DV here(which is pretty horrendous) and is working towards a "second chance" here. Hardy has already gotten a few bites at the apple in the NFL, when his on-field talent still overrode morality, and even then he showed a complete absence of contrition and was openly defiant and antagonistic towards those who challenged his behaviour and did not make word one effort on a public front, to express anything that would remotely resemble that he deserved another opportunity. Rather, he did several more bonehead things, got arrested again, Deadspin released the PD photos of his GF and several documents that damned him further and eventually he was too much of a liability for a business that continuously employed Richie Incognito until he was no longer of value on the field.

I'm 100% about rehabilitation and restorative justice practices that emphasize healing all parties to better the lives of individuals and the community-at-large, and I'm not against giving second chances to DV offenders if there is a plan of care in place to appropriately address the issues(beyond the CJS) and the offender is committed to change(Ray Rice is a good example) and there is some significant literature which suggests that a "zero tolerance" DV policy in any business(sports just happens to have a specific magnifying glass on it for case studies), is problematic, as it places the potentially financially dependent victim at risk for further potential victimization and harm, as there is a fear of reporting DV to LE because it doesn't just carry the stigma(DV is massively UNDER reported), but can also drastically impact their lives and the lives of the entire family(children etc).

So endgame, it's a very nuanced and sensitive issue without a clear line and should be handled with utmost tact, discretion and empathy, so playing moral arbiter is not something to take lightly and is not something the NFL or the UFC is really capable or qualified of handling at this moment and would be best suited at hiring an external firm that specializes in these issues and can help them navigate these tricky waters with appropriate measures and responses...but goddamn Dana has failed with this so poorly already and his reaction and words are so dreadfully tone deaf, I can't even lol. With the Hardy case moreso than most, BECAUSE he has already shown a terrible track record in his responsivity to his acts, I've said it before, but this has a million ways to go wrong and does not serve anybody in the positive but Hardy and Dana is too much of a stubborn buffoon to identify even the BEST CASE scenario optics, which make UFC/MMA look like a goddamn Thunderdome for behaviour cases who were too much trouble for the big leagues.

TBH, I kinda want to see Hardy run the table, win the title and then have a massive PR snafu where this all blows up in Dana's face and like, kills a UFC 300 Mega PPV against Conor on steroids or some other massive HW title fight, and Dana has to eat barrels of shit.

Kano, Goremire, Dimson and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sakara=Excitement

There's no reason I should have more rep than this man. Come on now, everyone rep him. Rep him hard. And fast. Rep him good.

9. Dimson

Tonight is the night. Hopefully Austen derails the DV/Hype train before it even gets started.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  10. Fedorlei Gomipierre

...and now, we go live to the very next cell to Whitey Bulger for rebuttal.

Nebraska, Kevo and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  11. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

How do we watch that? it's on fightpass right? on tonight? i can't find the schedule or how to see it

found some past episodes from season 1

12. Sakara=Excitement

Fight Pass

13. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

@Sakara=Excitement i know that, but when I go there i see a bunch of stuff about old episodes from last season, and one quick promo from tonight, but no information on what time, timezone, or where to go on fightpass to watch it.

I've never watched a scheduled show on fightpass so i have no clue how to do it. the prelims are easy, click on 'live events' but this show isn't live is it?
    Ahh fuck me, nevermind, it IS a live event. i found it. Sorry bout that.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  14. Dimson

Anyone watching?

15. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Aged well for sure:

16. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

neg'd, did that help.:biggrin:

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  17. Fedorlei Gomipierre