Updated: Greg Hardy transitioning to MMA, preparing for pro debut with UFC's DWCS

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Former Dallas Cowboy Greg Hardy transitioning to MMA, preparing for debut

2. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Mr. Hardy, you did not put your football career on hold to transition in to MMA. You are a cancer, overall deplorable human being, and no team would sign you.

Palma, Dimson, split2874 and 4 others like this.
  3. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Amanda Nunes 1st opponent.

4. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

A++.

Zero contrition, overt contempt and arrogance for the severity of his actions, repeat offender and the goddamn NFL, no friend of women, won't touch his incredible talents with a fifty foot pole.

Let's put it like this: If Ray Rice still had legs in-game (he has offered to donate his entire season pay to women's support and domestic violence groups and has done a good job after-the-fact of expressing remorse), some team would've jumped at taking a chance on him and he's touched all the bases when it comes to public relations and "making good", but teams simply don't think he's NFL quality even with the years off to heal his body. And trust me, I wrote my MA thesis on deviance in the NFL, they desperately want a rehabbed DV poster boy to present to the discerning public.

So here we have Hardy, in his athletic prime, an elite athlete and somebody who has already been given an immediate second chance after the Panthers cut bait with Jerry and the Cowboys and the bloody Cowboys didn't want anything to do with him and thought that he was THAT MUCH of a liability and turfed him. The Jags dipped their toe into the water this pre-season with some PR tease of "contemplating" giving Hardy a tryout, since he's still good (but not contrite) and didn't even want to risk following up with THAT. And then he almost immediately had the coke bust!

If the NFL, the premiere mercenary "next man up" conglomerate, with teams that will literally do anything to win, looking the other way for decades and the entire occupation of players is legitimized violence....and even they don't want to be bothered with the liability of Greg Hardy. Seriously, with CSR and strategic philanthropy such as pink-washing being such an integral component for the NFL and they are really working from behind to rehab their shattered image with a lot of demos in 2016, Greg Hardy is the inverse of everything a smart business needs and the NFL is very meticulous in their actions.

For all the mainstream pub this would get a UFC or a Bellator since he's a big name and I have no doubt that Hardy, as a supreme athlete that could take to MMA like a duck to water, this would make any MMA org look like the sleaziest, lowest-commondenominator sport with the general public and he's probably going to fuck up again.

The dude is toxic waste, 100% steer clear.

5. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

The UFC loves crossovers and desperately needs HWs. Always.

Anyway, Greg Hardy vs Gabby. Sign it up now!

IMG_2484.JPG

6. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Fuck this dirt bag.. i could see Bellator signing him though.. Id watch Lashley bust him up

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  7. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I hope he loses a kidney to weight cutting.

8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I also cannot wait for Trump's debut after November.

9. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Saw this posted elsewhere:

[​IMG]

kanobro likes this.
  10. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

He weighs 285 and is expected to make his debut at heavy weight. Next thing is they'll tell us water is probably wet.

Dimson, kanobro, Afro and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sakara=Excitement

Oh the money I would pay to see Brock donkey kong that piece of shit

12. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Hey if I told you Stefan Struve fought at LHW would you believe me?

split2874 and Miz like this.
  13. Fedorlei Gomipierre

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...to-deny?_ga=1.111128581.1032101511.1456767156

Glazer's mostly a drooling hot take meathead, but major MMA personalities and names need to shut this shit down because it'll only make MMA look utterly sleazy. If anything UFC adjacent touches him, they might as well start staging child fights and Secretariat-in-International Waters fights.

That said, I wholly expect a Floridian promotion to book him without blinking an eye.

14. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Only problem is, Brock Lesnar never was part of the NFL combine.

15. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Why are there reports of him participating in 2004?

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  16. Sakara=Excitement

Are you sure?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  17. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Maybe that's info from his camp's' public tryouts for the NFL that landed him on the Vikings' practice squad?

18. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I've looked for something to support it, and other than here say can't find anything. I've seen 40's reported between 4.6 and 4.8. Bench presses from 30-45. But no legitimate site, that I could find, showed any combine numbers.

He may have done private workouts for individual teams (like a pro day), but it doesn't appear that he was an official combine attendee.

19. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Brock never did a combine, he was a walk on with the Vikings and any numbers out there would be from a pro day, which i dont think happened or from private work outs, so take what you will from numbers posted..

20. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Brock was never drafted so he didn't do a combine, but he's done pro days