UFC's Jeff Novitzky optimistic Nick Diaz will fight again

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

UFC's Jeff Novitzky optimistic Nick Diaz will fight again

2. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Tainted supplement distributor Site Donor

This cockstain is speaking a little too often.

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

He's a little weasel.

4. Cat--Smasher

Would Nick be a top 5 draw in the current active UFC roster?

5. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

6. Poindexter

A gentleman never tells. A gentleman never tells.

kanobro likes this.
  7. Sakara=Excitement

UFC VP Jeff Novitzky: USADA amended rules because of Nate Diaz

--- Post Added -- Jan 4, 2018, ---
    Nick Diaz didn’t cheat, suspended by USADA anyway

8. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Who was it that told me that UFC can't influence USADA to change their rules?

^^ Citing yet another reason to prove that USADA is a tool used by the UFC and not an independent organization

9. Poindexter

Clusterfuck squared.

TriangleSmoke and Cat--Smasher like this.
  10. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Yes

kanobro and Cat--Smasher like this.
  11. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

Nick Diaz didn’t cheat, suspended by USADA anyway[/QUOTE]

fuck USADA and the UFC, the fighters didn't have any say on the new rules, they are independent contractors but they have to tell their bosses where they are and submitted to random drug testing at any time, its fucking bullshit, make them employees, let them have an association then you can do that shit.
    considering the UFC has no active ppv stars right now, yes he would. how well could he sell a ppv is another story but i am pretty sure he could sell more ppv's than DJ.

12. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

What in the holy fuck is that sentiment doing there? Novitzky's job isn't to pretend he can read minds. And this smacks of bias. Would he give the same credence to a fighter with big muscles? Or even one who was generally a dick to interact with?

They're not independent- they take a paycheck from the UFC. But, that said, there's a lot of daylight between "independent' and "corrupt." The thing that's encouraging here about USADA is that they acted at the level of policy, not fighter. I.e. a policy can be updated and it affects all fighters equally. That's a very different issue than if they were reported to have altered behaviors for some fighters and not others.

That said, the fact that Novitzky is clearly biased and is the liaison to USADA raises a bit of a flag for me.

chuckthechamp likes this.
  13. Cat--Smasher

Whenever I think the UFC couldnt possibly lose more credibility... Jeff comes out and shits out his mouth on Jon Jones, Nick Diaz and USADA policies.

14. Sakara=Excitement

--- Post Added -- Jan 5, 2018, ---

I'm really enjoying these old Nate Diaz clips. I think I'm becoming a Nate fan.

kanobro likes this.
  15. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

actually what happened proved exactly what i said and further disproved what you said. they lobbied for a policy change and it's happening. Far different from you claiming they could just change rules. which they can't, and never could.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 5, 2018, ---
    That's a pretty fuzzy extent of independent. USADA doesn't take direction from the UFC. they're contracted to enforce their (WADA/USADA) policy. not to enforce rules the UFC has/had. they're independent as a signatory to WADA and governed by congress.. they are contracted as an independent agency

they brought in USADA to lend credibility to the company to legitimize it further during their whole face lift to sell it. instead of doing testing themselves they did it this way for transparency. which is why the UFC can't just arbitrarily change a rule to help a fighter. The only disconnect is that USADA is contracted to the UFC, they have absolutely no connection, or influence over a commission. they are ONLY here to test for the UFC, thus they only report to them. it's up to the UFC if and when they publish things (hence the brock lesnar announcement)

and ALL of their policies are public information. posted on the USADA website (i've linked it before). these suppsed changes the UFC can make are a farce. they adhere to the rules that exist or, in cases just like this, lobby for policy change (which is good becaue the marijuana shit is all stupid anyway).
    policy changes are available here: https://ufc.usada.org/ufc-anti-doping-policy-summary-of-major-changes/

full summary of changes:
    https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-UFC-Anti-Doping-Policy-Summary-of-Changes.pdf

full anti doping policy
    https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf

these things aren't hidden, or secret

now, as to the issue at hand? it's fucking stupid that weed of any kind, or sort, is considered a PED. it should be handled exactly the same as alcohol. which in reality is much more dangerous then weed anyway.

and CBDs have nothing to do with getting high right? I'm not well versed, but to curb my anxiety i was thinking about taking CBDs here in phoenix and don't need a medical card. if there's no THC in it you can buy the shit at a tobacco store.

is that the same shit they're talking about with the vape pen? it can't be that silly is it?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  16. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I think we're talking past each other. I'm not saying USADA is bought and paid for; but that also doesn't mean that USADA is perfect or entirely independent. I'm really only making one point:

Lobbying the company whose contract you pay is a different beast than lobbying a wholly independent organization. For example, regulating entities (even private enforcers like FINRA) are meant to be wholly independent (not that that always works). And, yes, policies are public; I never stated they weren't. But you're forgetting that there are non-policy places where fighters can get different treatment and the manner in which these decisions are made isn't public. Two examples are TUEs and suspension length. The latter is exactly why it's worrying that Novitzky has obvious biases.

I think you're twisting either my words or intent to suggest that I'm somehow unaware of the links you sent or that I was somehow suggesting that USADA was a farce. If you re-read my post, you'll see that I simply pointed out the obvious: USADA isn't independent (as Sandy was complaining about) but that doesn't immediately suggest that they are somehow corrupt or bought. However, there are areas without transparency, as I noted above, and we should be honest that they exist. This statement is hardly an indictment. And, as I ended with my previous post, the only thing that really gives me pause is Novitzky's attitude. But that's a broader issue of fighter treatment outside of a USADA debate.

17. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

i was talking about two subjects. the links weren't towards your statement at all. it was because in another thread sandy had claimed ufc could just arbitrarily change the rules to suit their needs, which i then explained why that wasn't true, with quotes and links and wasn't responded to again. so i said it again here. he not only thinks, but claimed the UFC could change the rules. i don't think he understands that this issue not only proved my point, it proved his wrong.

My quote to you was ONLY discussing the independent aspect of the relationship. I think we mostly agree. the only way it could be a completely separate split would be if another agency was paying USADA to govern the testing for the UFC< but that's not possible because the UFC governs themselves, so that's the closest they can get

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  18. Cat--Smasher

Nate Diaz G'd Up From The Feet Up.

Poindexter likes this.
  19. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I suppose he should have told Rogan to go fuck himself when he invited him to be on the podcast.

disposableassassin likes this.
  20. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I think so. There's certainly a shortage of stars these days.

Hillbilly and Cat--Smasher like this.