1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

UFC: Tyron Woodley-Darren Till welterweight title bout official

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by ATJ-Lucko, Jul 19, 2018.

1. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I know that I'm quick to poo poo Tyron's media, so I feel I should say that I really enjoyed that interview.

2. Noise

Noise Ruido

Swear, I wish more champions mandated certain shit from the organizations (and entitled fucking fans): minimum eight weeks notice/signed opponent or fuck off. Provide a name and a date a minimum of eight weeks out, or fuck-the-fuck off.

3. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Morning Report: Darren Till explains controversial quotes on not caring about his family
    --- Post Added -- Aug 9, 2018, ---

4. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Yeah Darren, I'm sure your young daughter who hasn't seen her father in over a year "understands".

Miz and thumper like this.
  5. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

6. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Truth is, the most telling part of this whole mess is he's so oblivious he didn't think there was anything wrong with what he was saying as he did it.

@Qball1974 is right. that's all that was, damage control, but it's a bit too late.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  7. AnchorPunch

I have an uncle like this, but he was at least told to never talk to his kids again by scary people. Someone who does that unprovoked is incredibly selfish. I hope he becomes a better father.

#hottake

8. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I have a different take.

Till was trying to emphasize how focused he is on the fight.
    He chose his words poorly, he's young, has immense passion for MMA and is very close to reaching a goal years in the making.

Carefully choosing words so as not to offend sensitive people wasn't his top priority.

I could be totally off the mark.

kc56 and AnchorPunch like this.
  9. thumper

it's hard to choose the words right for 'i haven't seen my daughter in a year'

10. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

She lives in Brazil.

11. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Maybe calm down and do a little bit of research before trusting what’s on the spoon the MMA Media is feeding us with before making a judgment. Till’s daughter is all over his Instagram page and he was with her in February just by going off that alone, then he fought Thompson three months later for a disclosed payout of $45,600. Maybe it’s not that easy to get to Brazil on an up-and-comer’s salary.

Living a fighter’s life isn’t easy, especially when you have children. A lot of people have to sacrifice. Stipe’s wife could’ve given birth at any moment while he was in Vegas doing interviews and getting ready to deal with Cormier. Does that make Stipe a deadbeat?

Noise, AnchorPunch, Miz and 2 others like this.
  12. thumper

i haven't watched any media coverage about it because there's no such thing as mma media. I watched what he said in the presser i think. directly. out of his mouth. not a spin someone put on it.

i never watch any of the ariel shit. You of all people should know i don't watch what they call media coverage
    --- Post Added -- Aug 9, 2018, ---
    you can spin shit however you want. he wasn't oopsig anything. he said multiple times "I don't really care"

“I’ve got a girlfriend who’s nearly seven months pregnant. I don’t really care. I’ve got a daughter in Brazil right now who I haven’t seen for one year. I don’t really care. I just care about legacy and greatness. That’s what I’m in this for.”

Qball1974 likes this.
  13. Nebraska

That’s not the accurate context of what he was saying. It’s at the very end here:

The question was about money and he lumped it in as something that he can’t worry about when he’s training and fighting, not that he literally doesn’t give a shit about his pregnant girlfriend and his daughter. He’s talking about not letting any of that stuff be a distraction so it doesn’t affect his performance.

Noise and Miz like this.
  14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I try to make sure my kids aren't a distraction either but damned if they don't keep walking in front of my tv whining. "Waaaaaaaah my diaper is full I'm hungry the dog bit me waaaaaaaaaah"

Fuckin pussies.

15. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I swear my six month old can hear me get ready to eat my lunch while he is sleeping. Gets up every time when I’m starting to eat.

Kevo likes this.
  16. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Been six months already, dam.

Miz likes this.
  17. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

For some reason my son has the uncanny ability to wake up every time I turn on my PS4. He could be dead asleep for 5 minutes or 2 hours. As soon as I hit the button, he up.

Dimson, kc56 and Miz like this.
  18. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

I'm just so happy I don't have children.

AnchorPunch likes this.
  19. Nebraska

So are the children.

20. AnchorPunch

[​IMG]

Dimson likes this.