UFC fighter Andrea Lee, husband Donny Aaron address Nazi tattoo controversy

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Jun 3, 2018.

1. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Well-Known Member

Ooops, sorry about that, posted the wrong link, here was the one about crime by race/gender

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....f_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

Fair enough on the infowars but Plos One is not a great journal (and some say not a real journal).

Yes, definitely. Disgusting part of history. But I think we are talking about 2 different things. I am talking about 2018, not early 1900s. While this can have some impact on someone's psyche, they seem less relevant today than contemporary crime. Media coverage (on both sides) makes us think certain groups are most susceptible to interracial crime in 2018 than they actually are and makes it appear a bigger issue and ignores other issues that have larger impacts on their lives.

Not disagreeing with that but I thought you were referring to fear/tension in 2018 (I was going to make a 1814 Trump White House burning joke but will not bother). Jewish and Japanese Americans for instance have also been very oppressed in the US in the past but generally do well in the labor market in 2018.

Seems like the opposite. You are only looking at one side of the media. Try looking at both to get a fuller picture (or maybe doubly skewed picture....).

Fair enough. I know a lot of people who do not like the tattoo and the original point was about the UFC doing something to Lee's career. I was just pointing out that the Brown Pride tattoo is offensive (to some) and didn't impact him. (Some people don't agree. Fine. I definitely fined it less offensive than the White Pride but still offensive.)

And then we each keeping making (somewhat related) comments that each person keeps responding to and 6 pages later....

Yes. Now on to some real MMA discussion and back to the UFC 225 board.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I didn't think you were promoting violence. Sorry if it came across that way.

I disagree pretty strongly because it allows a malicious individual to draw the line in time and relatedness when declaring what speech is a crime and which isn't. Lots of groups historically have been involved in genocide, in fact extremists say that's a label to apply to white people generally. So how do we choose where to draw the line? That's the horrible and awesome thing about free speech: it's all free except direct threats. It works, even if it means people get to be assholes. Good news is lots of things are illegal on the path from talk to genocide.

3. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

Is it just Nazi's we are allowed to punch? What about people wearing a Rising Sun flag on their shirt? What about people wearing a Khmer Rouge flag? If a black rights activist starts tweeting about how all white people should die do I get to punch him? Can I punch a Muslim for declaring all women should be mens slaves? Where's the line and who gets to draw it?

4. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Can't we punch everyone equally?

sourdough likes this.
  5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

You

SickNasty likes this.
  6. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Nope

Left hand only.

Right hand only.

Both fists simultaneously.

Absolutely.

---------------------- < right there, me cause I just drew it.

AnchorPunch and sourdough like this.
  7. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Well that's settled

8. AnchorPunch

Che was responsible for many heinous acts, including the murder of homosexuals for being homosexuals. Can we punch people who wear his shirts?
    --- Post Added -- Jun 8, 2018, ---
    Be careful, @SickNasty told me that he punches people who politely agree. Something about British colonialism and good manners.

9. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Glad I'm not British

10. SickNasty

Me training for nazi punching:
    [​IMG]

Get ready nazi bitches.

Qball1974 likes this.
  11. Qball1974

[​IMG]

#1taz likes this.
  12. SickNasty

Better version of my sparring sessions.

#1taz likes this.
  13. Qball1974

Dam you must have been training with CM Punk.

SickNasty likes this.
  14. SickNasty

Yup. And he 100% whooped my ass.

15. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

I had no clue what she was going on about and it's nice to have the context. There is no way that I tattoo something of that nature on my body and then NOT get an alternate tattoo to cover it up. If the "only" option is to wear long sleeve shirts then that means he has no intention of ever removing them and no pages are being "turned". He's only ashamed because it is seen and people are lashing out at Andrea. All this, Andrea doesn't condone it...if that were the case simply seeing the tattoos would have been a no go rather than something to get to get over. You do not "get over" someone having Nazi tattoos, it's something that a person is tacitly okay with or outright supports.

16. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

He's a turd and she's a turdsicle.

17. AnchorPunch

Question to those of you that follow team sports: have there been any situations in the NFL, NBA, etc. where a player was found to have associations with someone like this? And, if so, what was the reaction?

18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

In the US, no. Maybe gang affiliations, but nothing like Nazis. Maybe in soccer though across the pond

19. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Can’t believe I’ve read 7 pages of posts about an mma fighter I’ve never seen fight.

Also fuck those tatoos. They can be covered.

20. Qball1974

[​IMG]

Spoon, VimyRidge, Dimson and 3 others like this.