UFC fighter Andrea Lee, husband Donny Aaron address Nazi tattoo controversy

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

I'm sure he'll google up some stats in a bit to answer that for ya.

Dimson likes this.
  2. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

I agree 100% with this. Punching them gives them what they want, validates their warped world view. Don't give Nazis what they want. Ridicule them instead.

3. Afro

They want a broken jaw? Nazis are some weird people...

4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

See that's the problem with the world today. People who deserve to get their asses kicked, aren't getting their asses kicked. We've gotten soft.

5. Goremire

The want validation that they're victims. That they are being unfairly oppressed because of the views they hold. That any whites who don't swallow the SJW agenda will find themselves under attack. They want to push the narrative that all they are doing is expressing an opinion, man, and it's actually their enemies (Jews, Blacks, Asians, the Left) who are the violent crazy ones, not us! We can't even reasonably question the status quo without being assaulted!

So yeah, what's a broken jaw compared to confirmation of your world view - especially if it's caught on camera? These fuckers already think there's a secret race war going on so that broken jaw isn't something to be ashamed of, it's a war wound - something to brag about and show off.

And yes, they are weird fucking people.

6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

If you can't punch Nazis who the fuck can you punch? Or is this some other bullshit relativism argument?

Noise, Dimson and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  8. Afro

You can punch anthem kneelers

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  9. Malevolence

Malevolence Hurt like you’ve never been loved

For the sake of disclosure, that logo is associated with a German soccer team with leftist views called FC St.Pauli, the fans are more pro human rights than anti fascist but due to there being an undercurrent of right wing pricks in Germany (not a large one but enough to cause worry) they take a strong anti fascist stance. I tend to like them as there’s a link between them & the club I support, Glasgow Celtic. I personally have never knowingly punched or eaten a Nazi.

10. Goremire

Yeah, I get it. It's sure as hell the more satisfying response. I just think it's less effective than taking the piss out of them.

Poindexter likes this.
  11. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Look, if you don't believe that being a minority carries a disproportionate danger when confronted by police than whites then you're choosing to keep your eyes closed.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4634878/

That is from the US National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health.

The author is Cody T Ross of UC Davis.

I mean, this is just one study, with the link to the full study posted for your review, from a reputable source, from a reputable university.

Look, on the surface, I can understand the thought process of "if White Pride is bad than so should be Brown Pride and Black Pride etc".
    I get it, but you really have to take into context the centuries of systemic and physical racism that has beaten down "brown" people in the US. Slavery, Jim Crow, Lynching, Redlining, and current/recent policing policies (just to name a few) almost 100% negatively affect brown people rather than white people.

For a grossly oversimplified example: never, in the history of the USA, has a white person had to seriously consider that they could be lynched simply because they were white.

Being proud of being brown, having you and your family/people survive years after years, generation after generation, the shit culture/government that has been USA history is not even close to the phrase White Pride.

I don't think you're a bad person, for the record, but that type of thinking is misguided and not helpful to moving society in a positive direction.

Sakara=Excitement and Afro like this.
  12. Afro

Oh look, SickNasty is siting a DOT GOV and not a fucking DOT COM.

13. SickNasty

I made sure to clean my monocle before I dropped some proper knowledge on that ass.

14. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Well-Known Member

Here is directly from the UCR data on the FBI

Murder:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

I will take a look in a bit but saw that it is a PLOS one paper, it is a mega journal with little quality control and looked down upon. They publish ~30,000 papers a year (although fewer people are sending their papers there) and you pay (a lot) to get it published.

In 2015 they published 28,107 papers. Most academic (social science) journals publish <100 papers a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLOS_One

"publishes approximately 50 % of all submissions," It was around >70% acceptance rate in 2015 but has dropped to 50% but most good academic journals publish around 15% to 5% of submissions

You also have to pay (a lot) to submit there.
    PLOS ONE: $1,595 USD

Yes, unconditionally, definitely true. Although I think the white male versus white female discrepancy is just as large (or larger). And the 18 year old white male/70 year old white male discrepancy is likely much greater (I have not calculated this one). So, unconditionally yes you are correct but a lot of things are missing from the equation.

Also, black cops are more likely to kill blacks than whites cops are to kill blacks per interaction (I have seen this before (ex #4 https://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler)
    but I think would likely be driven by the black cops being assigned/working in more dangerous areas, so conditioning on situation the effect probably disappears).

Everyone focusing on race just creates more tension.

Twice as many white people were killed by cops than black people, but yes, per capita yes. I definitely think there is an issue in how cops are trained (I had a situation when I was younger where a cop completely unnecessarily escalated things). People seem to focus on this one issue but there is a lot of other stuff going on that is ignore: family structure (i.e. divorce rates are massively different for black/white, although I think Hispanic is lower divorce rate but have not checked), lack of funding for education, differences in how one interacts with law enforcement (although a probably trained police officer should ignore most things) etc.

In terms of total murders, this is pretty small but I definitely agree that more could be done.
    It is not hard to find hundreds of examples of when white people have been attacked for no reason:

Example:

http://torontosun.com/2017/08/31/ka...ople/wcm/4ee79352-b800-4482-9f86-beb45ff89ec3

which I do not believe was picked up by places like CNN, but would have been had the races been the other way around.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-philly/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cf63be2b7da4

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/cr...ody-after-young-man-tortured-on-facebook-live

http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/black-mob-attacks-white-man-in-baltimore-suburb/

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/18285-white-vacationers-attacked-by-black-mob

https://www.infowars.com/shock-video-black-mob-viciously-beats-white-trump-voter/

Also, take a look at Evergreen State College.

Here is one of a black man being killed by a Hispanic man for being seen as "pro-Trump".

https://theblacksphere.net/2016/11/shot-dead-joked-voting-trump/

And a black family being chased from their home:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ramona-hate-crime-20160707-snap-story.html

Anyways a lot of crappy things happen. Some incidents get blown up and get a lot of media attention and others don't.

Nor do I feel you are. The media focuses on certain outlying events causing additional tension. I think the key problem is that there is strong confirmation bias. CNN/CNBC do not show certain things and then FOX only shows certain things. People on both sides get a skewed perspective.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  15. Palma

Palma I am chaos

You're post is too long

SickNasty and Afro like this.
  16. Afro

I don't think Vimy has ever witnessed anything for himself, seems like he's just a sponge to whatever the media feeds him.

SickNasty likes this.
  17. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Media is a huge problem,

the "NEWS" networks are nothing more then the Enquirer magazine of the 80's.

They're slinging shit they want you to see and nothing else to get you to vote left or right,

It's a massive political machine now.

VimyRidge and SickNasty like this.
  18. SickNasty

Ok, so the FBI reports for 2013 state that whites were arrested for more murders than blacks....Whites are the majority so spot on.

Are you trying to discredit the study? Are you trying to discredit UC Davis? I understand the information I provided was substantial in size, but trying to point out the submission statistics of PLOS One doesn't do anything to refute the information I provided.

Also, you cannot question (whether outright or veiled) the legitimacy of one source and then source fucking infowars.

All of those were not systemic. Arrests were made in at least one of those examples provided. All of those examples alluded to the fact that police should arrest those responsible.

Lynching back in the 1800's and early 1900's don't equal those instances.

I mean come on:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something about these lynching is a bit different about the examples you provided......

100% agree.

I do not disagree that minorities commit crimes against white people.
    I do not disagree that some minorities commit crimes against white people because they are white.
    I do disagree that Brown Pride tattoos don't share the same sentiment as White Pride tattoos.
    The history of systemic oppression of minorities in favor of whites is indisputable.
    Unless Cain comes out as a Brown Supremacist, I'm going to assume that his pride tattoo is just a show of his heritage and completely different than White Pride tattoos - which have always been associated with white supremacy.

Also, I do enjoy your conversational skills good sir.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  19. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Why if all the Fox News bullshit you're spewing is true, let's just say hey, yep, everything you said is true. Why bring it up here in regards to Nazi tattoos? What is the point?

SickNasty likes this.
  20. SickNasty

We got whipped up in the sweet tailspin of Whataboutism.

What about Cain's Brown Pride tat?

What about that thing I mentioned that isn't the nazi tattoos.

Classic conversation diversion tactic and I totally fucking dove right into it.

Back on point. Nazism has proven to be genocidal and therefore should be treated as a verbal threat of violence. Including the tattoos.

Poindexter and Sakara=Excitement like this.