Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

"UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey" Live Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Splog, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

the whole thing, just so much drama, not a fan anymore, it not funny or cute anymore. She is showing no redeemable qualities anymore.

2. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

3. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

Hendricks missed weight... Shocking. The guy is too small for mw so what does he do? He was the ww champ, so what changed?

4. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

How does the new weigh in policy effect people not making weight?

I though the issue would be dehydration with the no IV thing, but what other factors are effecting this?

The weigh ins are just earlier in the day, no? Seems like these Professionals could adjust accordingly.?

What factors am I not seeing?
    --- Post Added -- Dec 29, 2016, ---

5. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

A 2000% increase over the same time period (6 months), something is clearly not working with the new system.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 29, 2016, ---
    This is just it. I cant imagine how shitty some of these fighters must be coming into the weight cuts and then to have cameras shoved in your face and reporters repeating the same dumb questions...

Incest=Excitement likes this.
  6. S=E

It brings up the great question about media obligations and just how much is needed to sell a card? I don't agree with Ronda not doing any media. I also don't think she needed to do media until her eyes fell out either. I would think by her not doing any media, the card will suffer PPV buys because of this.

I think all fighters should help sell a card they're on, it will only benefit them. If it's Conor not wanting to do media one day, but tweeting out and getting the crazy amount of press that gets then by all means. Fighters should be able to do phone calls from camp and face time, etc. The week of the fight, tone that media stuff back.

7. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

she won't even stay to pose for pictures, like even that little thing is too much to ask of her

8. S=E

There aren't many photos taken during the early weigh ins. That's not what the early weigh ins are for. The ceremonial weigh ins are for the photos and the show and glitz and glam.

Look, Dana and the UFC brass said it was okay for Ronda not to do media. That's not Ronda's fault just like anything Conor gets or anything any other fighter gets. They asked, it's up to the UFC to monitor these situations and they said she didn't have to.

9. The Sundance Kid

I asked Jorge Gurgel one time why he didn't utilize his BJJ more in his MMA fights. This was right after meeting him and shaking his hand. He was visibly not happy with the question. Good thing he stayed in his lane or I would of have to box him up, no threat from the takedown.lol

10. S=E

Here, there's a photo from the early weigh ins to appease the masses....

[​IMG]

11. The Sundance Kid

UFC brass is now WWF or whoever who has represented Ronda since before the acquisition of the UFC. I think the conflict of interest here is pretty obvious. It's hurting Ronda more than anyone in this situation. Dana is on record saying Ronda is the biggest star the UFC has ever had. I just don't think the PPV numbers are gonna be there for this one. I honestly could see this being Ronda's last fight, even if she wins, for sure if she loses.

1inthechamber and ATJ-Lucko like this.
  12. Cat--Smasher

Does anyone know how many fights Ronda has left on her contract?

13. The Sundance Kid

She signed her last contract in March of 2015. It was described as a "Long Term" "Multi-fight" Deal.

I've seen some bullshit articles that her contract is almost up, but nothing concrete.

14. Cat--Smasher

Could this be a calculate business move by Ronda. Showing the UFC what she is worth when it comes to promoting fights?

15. The Sundance Kid

That's the point I think, she can't promote a fight. Not with her mouth anyways. Her undefeated record and her aura of invincibility and the way she destoryed girls were her appeal and what sold fights.

Just like Conor she maybe back on top and everyone will forget the loss if she dominates Nunes. I think that is very likely.

She could very well be the talk of the town again at the end of tomorrow night.

How crazy would it be if she came in and dominated and then called out the winner of the 145lbs fight.

Rousey vs. Holm in a champion vs. champion match could potentually draw 2 million PPV buys if the cards fall into places correctly. Ultimately leading up to cyborgs return to even a bigger fight for Ronda.

chuckthechamp likes this.
  16. Qball1974

Qball1974 Joni Mitchell Site Donor

Scrap that 145lb bullshit already.

17. The Sundance Kid

I mean if Gina Carano came out of retirement, by all means, start the division.

But at this point MMA is big enough if you build it they will come is the idea of WME.

I'd rather see a 200lb+ division for womens.lol

Kevo likes this.
  18. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

19. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Gina's chance of coming out of retirement passed.

20. Cat--Smasher

Ronda vs Holly / champ vs champ / Ronda revenging her only loss, would be huge. To deny it is bullshit.