1. Hello All, We need to upgrade the forum soon. Thumper has been diligently making all the changes necessary and developing the themes available. Please go to this thread, test it, and comment on what it is you like, don't like, etc. You can change the themes on the bottom left of the page. Thank you. PD
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 205 - Live Results and Discussion (Weigh-ins included)

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

I'll put in a shift. Hell, I'll take the whole 7 days.

2. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I love Nebraska( fuck you), but he didn't have to accept the bet. No one complained when it was made.

3. ILJO

ILJO Member Site Donor

It's 2 weeks.

I'd do double to #LetNebraskaSpeak
    --- Post Added -- Nov 16, 2016, ---
    Nebraska is kind of retarded with the bets he makes, clearly. But we didn't complain this time (or at least I didn't, personally,) because it was last minute and nobody really realized (or at least I didn't) until it was too late.

4. lwbrewer

lwbrewer Active Member

On Topic
    I believe in honoring ones word that earns respect.
    Wasn't bets to be done on a different form? It has sparked much conversation but also turmoil. If the group wishes him back I'll gladly just read only.
    Remember everyone has a point they may differ but doesn't mean one is right or wrong. Just my point.

5. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Damn!
    I wasn't expecting to start a damn movement or something.

#LetMyNebraskaGo is now trending
    I think what @Afro is getting at is the need to counterbalance his positives and negatives. Just as Stevens looks for that one punch to seal the deal, Thompson waits, stalks, and looks for those openings rather than creating them. I understand that his style is almost centered 100% on counter-striking, but he needs to create his opportunities.

I don't believe his hands are that powerful. Woodley came out of that fight a swollen right eye and that's about it. And that swelling came from a knee and him hitting himself while blocking kicks.

I'd dare say that Thompson will start having a problem moving forward based on what we saw in that fight. Get inside his hands, where the kicks aren't effective and turn the fight into a fist fight. Easier said than done. But he didn't seem to have much when the distance was closed and his legs were nullified.

Afro and lwbrewer like this.
  6. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

Sniggles likes this.
  7. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Thank you, Sandy

8. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Right? What the fuck is this crybaby shit. Yall cryin cuz yo baby daddy in jail. Just put some money in his canteen and let him be. @Sniggles don't let anybody take on his sentence.

9. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

We negotiated a bet over several days. He accepted. I am not holding him to it because I dislike Nebraska, quite the contrary. If he weaseled out of the bet due to @ILJO and @SandyWH's complaining, I would not respect him. I am sure Spot will survive without him posting for 12 days.If you want to play string communication and post what he tells you, that is fine.

The bet between @DonkeyShowMopSock and I was a 2 week no-posting bet (can pm/rep/like) --- he wanted 1 month. He took this bet because he was sure that Alvarez would wrestlefuck Conor. Now, he had wanted a month initially. I picked two weeks as I knew 1 month was a long punishment. A. I wouldn't want to not post for 1 month had Eddie won in a grindy, soul-crushing, boring Shields-like fashion. B. I wouldn't want him to be gone for a month as I enjoy his candor.

When the next 12 days is up, everyone can have an intervention about his betting as it starting to affect his everyday life.

chrisc and Kevo like this.
  10. sourdough

He would be the first people call somebody for doing so if it wasn't him that lost.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Sakara=Excitement and Sniggles like this.
  11. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

He is a big boy and can make his own decisions. I brought up the bet several days before. It was initially a BAN bet which he negotiated to a mute bet. He wanted 1 month and I wanted 2 weeks. I said I would think about his terms. I activated the bet before the fight. Noone protested days before when it looked likely that I would be likely getting muted/banned.

Now that a "fluke" has happened and ol'McGregor stomped a mudhole in Alvarez, you protest as if I am doing some kind of misdeed? He is holding himself to the bet. He posted once since it started to mock Pashak. If Nebraska wants to not honour the bet, he can ask me himself.

Had I lost, I would be amused and take the punishment like a man.
    Been here since he was cutting promos about coming to Vegas for contract negotiations in Dana's sportscar. Dude was a kid in a candy shop and while Conor was driving in that car with White it was clearly the most expensive car he had ever been in. To go from where he was to where he is -- it is almost unprecedented. Conor is more popular than that fuckwit Kanye West. Almost more popular than Trump and Hillary.

sourdough likes this.
  12. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

ILJO likes this.
  13. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Matt Brown worked that game plan to perfection against him.

14. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Kevin Lee: Eddie Alvarez 'embarrassed entire division' and 'will slap him when I see Eddie'
    http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/kevin-...entire-division-vs-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-205/

Nate Diaz says he couldn't get UFC 205 tickets, 'not begging' for third Conor McGregor fight
    http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/nate-d...s-not-begging-for-third-conor-mcgregor-fight/

UFC 205 medical suspensions: Chris Weidman out 60 days following bloody knockout loss
    http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/ufc-20...n-out-60-days-following-bloody-knockout-loss/

15. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

I, for one, am glad the viewing audience was spared from another rambling, nonsensical Nate Diaz interview after Conor`s victory. Nate needs to fight a LHW before he can get a title fight.

Palma likes this.
  16. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

If Nate wasn't punchdrunk before, he was after Conor busted his brain up.

17. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

Are you sure you dont want a break from me constantly spamming the board though?

18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Shit I would prefer if you post more often.

19. ILJO

ILJO Member Site Donor

That's not the point.

20. sourdough

Is the point you're not strong enough to watch your man do tbe time?