1. Hello All, We need to upgrade the forum soon. Thumper has been diligently making all the changes necessary and developing the themes available. Please go to this thread, test it, and comment on what it is you like, don't like, etc. You can change the themes on the bottom left of the page. Thank you. PD
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 205 - Live Results and Discussion (Weigh-ins included)

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I missed the fights. Did Weidman get dominated? Was it ever close?

2. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

I had Weidman winning until the KO honestly

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I was wishing you a belated birthday. I should have specified that.

I Blow MMASpot dudes likes this.
  4. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

We both need to be more specific in the future.

Poindexter likes this.
  5. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Woodley's fight:

If I saw the stat right Wonderboy landed one strike in the first. Pair that with the takedown and mauling, the 10-8 that was scored was probably correct.
    Thompson won two rounds two based an connections and backing Woodley up. Although the majority of Wonderboy 's strikes were "touching" blows and not damaging
    The 4th was certainly Woodley. Could easily go 10-8 based on Woodley being positioned go finish the fight on two occasions. The only real offense Thompson had in that round was some pitterpat from guard.
    The fifth was definitely Thompson

kanobro and 1inthechamber like this.
  6. Afro

Noticing a trend of near-finishes in one round, and losing the following round right?

Diaz v Conor.. Near finish in the 3rd, arguably loses the 4th

Woodley/Thompson.. Near finish in the 4th, loses the 5th

Hell.. Hendo/Shields.. Near finish in the 1st.. loses 2 through 5.

One thing I'll say about Thompson overall though, I love the guys style and striking but he is king of telegraphing, and just like Jeremy Stephens he could use some finesse to go with those amazing techniques he has. A bit too one dimensional in style too.

Palma likes this.
  7. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

Pretty much I saw it. Even said it was a draw before the initial decision. Then I realized my 42k parlay was won but these pricks called back a draw. Boy did that fuckin suck.

8. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tired Site Donor

So how many times do I need to spank ur ass?

9. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Until I stop blowing everyone here.....

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  10. jokerthief

jokerthief No reason to get excited. Site Donor

I think it's going to be really hard for McGregor to get equity in the UFC. To get equity without buying it, you have to take it from somebody. Shareholders will not be happy about getting less of the pie forever. That's a real tough sell. I'm not sure McGregor's PPV numbers could justify (financially) giving away a part of your equity forever. I predict major drama coming soon.

11. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

The greatest night in UFC history, was the darkest hour for German UFC fans. (self.MMA)

submitted 7 hours ago by RikyPalm

--- Post Added -- Nov 15, 2016, ---

--- Post Added -- Nov 15, 2016, ---

12. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

So you had it 48-45 or 48-46

13. 1inthechamber

I had it 47 - 47 and thats because I didn't think Woodley would be given the first as a 10 - 8, which I thought he should have and that would have been 48 - 47. But 10 - 8 rounds are hardly given.

14. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

So you gave Wonderboy rounds 2,3,5 and had round 4 as a 10-8 round?

15. Afro

Well 10-8 rounds are supposed to be given more liberally now, at least that's what Rogan has said. I can see an argument for both the 1st and 4th rounds being 10-8 rounds although I only gave Woodley the 4th as a 10-8, they should be more clear on what the new criteria for 10-8 rounds are though.. From what I understand the best judgement is if a fighter is close to finishing chances are he gets a 10-8.. Hence why the 4th was scored as such on at least one judges card.

A dominate round where a fighter damages, controls, and batters an opponent from start to finish though could surely be a 10-8 round as well, hence why I can see an argument for the 1st round being 10-8 as well but I just am not sure Woodley did enough damage. He landed good GnP but had he stunned Wonderboy a few times to go with it I would say for sure it was a 10-8 round.

Khabib may have had a 10-8 round in the 2nd though had the fight not of been finished, he had a dominate position, and a clean sweep in strikes landed, coming close to a stoppage on a few occasions.

1inthechamber likes this.
  16. 1inthechamber

Yes. How did you score it?

17. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

The problem is the judge that gave Woodley 10-8 in the first gave him 10-9 in the 4th.

That makes zero sense.

I persoanlly scored Round 1 10-9 until I saw the stat that Wonderboy landed 1 strike in the round. That's what turned it for me. Obviously for that judge too. But then what about 4th made a guy that scored round 1 10-8 not give Woodley a 10-8 round in the 4th when the fight was nearly finished twice and had it been stopped after the knockdown no one would have complained.

1inthechamber likes this.
  18. Afro

Exactly what I was thinking, and why I think they need to be clear about this new 10-8 leniency. Like I said I could see both rounds being 10-8. Especially considering what you said, Wonderboy only landed 1 strike in the 1st.. He got put on his back and ate punches pretty much the whole time, and busted up a little bit

19. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I had it 48-46 - Rounds 1,3,4 to Woodley w/ Woodley getting 10-8 in the 4th

20. 1inthechamber

Drugs definitely drugs. I don't understand how the first could have been 10 - 8 and the 4th not.