1. "UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. LIVE NOW. Prelims ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET. Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET.
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 200 Thread

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Kevo, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

The issue is more that he knows it is only 3 rounds, so he won't have to hold back in the earlier rounds to have gas for the 4th and 5th. No excuse to not pull the trigger on adrenaline for longer than he normally would in an exchange. Everyone denigrated him for his fight against Bisping because he was fighting too apprehensively. Cardio has indeed been an issue and he has a right to be fearful about how full his tank will be given his health being on the line.

Anderson has 10 title belts at home. I don't think he as concerned about winning a belt as everyone else in the top 5 of MW and LHW. Anderson is just doing money fights and fighting because of the love of sport.

2. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Anderson weighed in at 198.5. I bet he doesn't even break camp for a middleweight fight at much higher than that.

3. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

B sample tested positive per ESPN. Still no word on what the 2 substances were. See you at 30 Jones.

4. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

Jon Jones and Ricky Williams need to do a show like Dana and Serra did

Dimson likes this.
  5. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Honestly I bet he weighs less than most big WW's

Nebraska likes this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Fucking Jon Jones.

7. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Just the other day someone was arguing at how he is bigger than most LHWs.

The LOLz I get from this place.

NotSoDarkAngel likes this.
  8. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Hey, that's fucking future Bellator champion Jon Jones to you.

Dimson, Nebraska and Poindexter like this.
  9. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

What?

10. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

4 year suspension he's facing. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Wait, is it 2 year or 4 year?
    --- Post Added -- Jul 8, 2016, ---
    USADA: Testing of Jon Jones' 'B' sample confirms initial findings
    http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/usada-testing-of-jon-jones-b-sample-confirms-initial-findings

Trodden likes this.
  11. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

12. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

? You realize he'd just be about 32. Is 4 years longer where you're from?

13. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

4 years is a long time in combat sports, especially mma. Fighters evolve, the sport evolves. Would he continue training the whole time to keep his skills sharp, paying all those expenses with no income? Maybe, but not necessarily.

I could see him coming back at HW where he'd likely still have a speed advantage.

Either way, its looking a two year ban according to media reports.

MIZjitzZOU likes this.
  14. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Well-Known Member

Anderson's offseason walking around weight was 220+ (I saw somewhere saying 230, but that is hard to believe). When Jones was 22, he said his own walk around weight was 217, although I am guessing it is a lot more than that now.

Edit: Was he already preparing for a fight? Didn't think he had anything scheduled.

15. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I don't think a Jon Jones skill set could get passed up in that amount of time. Now an athlete may come along that could beat him, but i think Jones' skill set will always keep him at the UFC level, unless his body broke down. I do hope he can pull himself together and become a better person. As a fellow fuck up I will root for him even if I don't like him.

16. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

His doctor said it would be 4-6 weeks before he could return to training after surgery. That puts his return to training at early to mid June. Last night he said he sparred for the first time the other day, so the extent of any training he had was just drill work and cardio.

As for his weight, based on numerous reports over the years I still maintain that Franklin, Belfort, and Sonnen cut more than Anderson did to make 185.

17. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Ali was no longer prodigious after 2 years.

18. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

D.C. has probably had three adrenaline dumps in the last two days that will work against him. He still wins but Andy will touch him up pretty good.

I'm picking Brock. On top of that, I'm calling him to eat a clean shot from Hunt and keep coming, ya I went there.

Frankie Edgar, all I have to say is I have so much respect for his work ethic, attitude, in cage abilities. To me him and Aldo is an even fight but I'm going with Frankie being a bulldog in round five and pulling it out

MIZjitzZOU likes this.
  19. Qball1974

Qball1974 Joni Mitchell Site Donor

Overeem would so fuk him up.

kanobro likes this.
  20. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

That would be fun to watch.

chuckthechamp likes this.