"UFC 200: Tate vs. Nunes" Live Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Splog, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

You've had enough, buddy. You're cutoff.

Sniggles likes this.
  2. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

It's mind bottling.

Idiot.

3. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

ALSO, wwe got some free ads during the event for summer slam

4. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

TJ's pay is bad. 25 gs for the former champ to show. Yikes.

Anybody think Gegard is fucking himself in the UFC. I'm glad he's testing himself but he'd likely be wrecking mother fuckers in Asia making major money. I know his 75 gs to show isn't bad, but in Asia he'd be murdering fools and get better sponsor money. Plus he would probably be competing in kick boxing as well. War him for being a bad ass and testing himself.

5. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

w2wqasZX3ewdcx w2edd4ed
    He dreams of being champ. With how the belt is moving around, Mousasi needs a big win. He's in a good position to leverage for a top 10 fighter. If he can get a decisive finish against one of those guys then he could make a run at the belt.

6. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

I was thinking the same thing. All you'd have to do is make a small investment ordering cheeseburgers on delivery to his house all the time and then bam, 20 stacks, piece of cake. Bada bing bada boom. Johny would never see it coming.

Sniggles and MIZjitzZOU like this.
  7. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Sage always sounds like he is doing a job interview.

Sniggles and Giblert=Excitement like this.
  8. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Well the quality of the fights were not impressive. Definitely some good moments, but for such a good card in paper, I expected much better action.

Northcutt is definitely extremely limited on the ground, but I don't think anybody can still make fun of him saying that he has no heart at all. He was in trouble more than once and he managed to resist and escape the submissions.

Cormier vs Anderson went as I expected with the difference that I thought DC would finish him. Anderson got dominated but at least survived. Maybe a rematch with full camp Anderson would be interesting. AS was absolutely out of shape, he was fat and very slow, but still showed 2 or 3 interesting things in the stand up. There was a point in round 3 where he hurt DC with a kick, or at least that is what DC's face showed. Props for fighting such a tough opponent on 2 days notice.

Lesnar vs Hunt, not surprising result at all. Nah, there was no dive. Brock simply is much better on the ground and that is all. I am kinda surprised that Hunt looked extremely tentative the whole fight though.

Aldo vs Edgar, good fight. Aldo looked pretty good, a rematch with Conor would be interesting.

The yellow octagon looked very very cool, I liked it a lot. Hopefully they do it more often.

As for the payment I personally do not care anymore who made 2 millions and who made 30,000. It's their problem, I don't care.
    Some of those Reebok shorts looked cool. Zingano has a great ass btw.

9. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Is a win over Hunt enough to get Lesnar a title shot.

If Overeem beats Stipe there is a built in rematch storyline.

chuckthechamp likes this.
  10. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

If not a title shot, a #1 contender rematch vs Cain..

kanobro likes this.
  11. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Very interested to see how this plays out moving forward with Brock and the WWE/UFC relationship. Clearly Brock is in the driver's seat. I don't think Brock wants to make a title run honestly. If he did, and he's never held his tongue, he would've said something post-fight in my opinion. The only fight that makes sense, is a fight with Fedor if they ever sign him. Main event, in Dallas or wherever, and it does bonkers PPV numbers. Otherwise, he can say he came back, proved a point, beat a top 10 HW, got tagged and didn't wilt, but he's nearing 40 and isn't a full-time athlete. He struggles with volume ala Cain, Carwin, and Overeem. If you let Brock make the first move, he's gonna dump you on your ass. He took Cain down for crying out loud. So it is what it is. I hope he doesn't get a title shot, I hope he isn't in the mix. But I would still pay to see him fight Fedor. Or a rematch with Mir.

Sniggles likes this.
  12. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Lesnar fighting for a title at this point is not a serious conversation. He obviously looked good against a 42 year old who can't do anything significant on the ground, but Cain or Overeem would destroy him again. JDS, Miocic or Werdum would do the same thing.

Lesnar can beat fighters like Hunt, Nelson, Lewis, Struve, Mir, Arlovsky, BigFoot, even Travis Browne. But he has nothing to do against the Top 5.

13. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Cain and JDS are looking like trash lately. I would not be surprised by a Lesnar upset. Werdum might get ragdolled if he does the same running flail punch strategy.

14. Amlap

Are you talking about Brock or Fedor? I still can't tell.

15. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Let's not get fooled by Lesnar's performance against Hunt, it was not something amazing. Hunt is very very limited on the ground and Lesnar is a good wrestler with an insane size and strenght.
    Cain and JDS have looked pretty good in their last fight, the only time Cain has looked bad was against Werdum and JDS. JDS has looked bad only against Overeem and Cain. Other than those bouts both of them have been very dominant.

Werdum will definitely not get ragdolled by Lesnar. Lesnar is not the striker Miocic is, so who knows if he would even capitalize on the mistakes Werdum can make.
    And Werdum has the best BJJ in MMA, so I am not even sure Lesnar would want to be on the ground with him.

16. S=E

I guess we have different definitions of amazing. If this was a performance by Lesnar who had remained on the roster and continued fighting and in constant fight camps I would agree. But 5 years off, beating a top 10 title contender who's a k1 world champion and scary dude, I thought it was a great performance. He got tagged two or three times, didn't wilt, gassed out in the 2nd, and dug deep and got the takedowns in round 3.

chuckthechamp and MacEwen like this.
  17. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Styles make fights, and Lesnar will always be a much better grappler than Hunt. So even considering the long layoff it was clear that if Lesnar takes Hunt down, then he would absolutely control him there.
    Now, not to say that Hunt is a bad fighter or anything, but who is the best fighter he has beaten? Frank Mir. When Mark Hunt has faced really Top fighters he has always lost.
    Also it kinda intrigues me why Hunt was sooo damn tentative the whole fight, I am not saying he took a dive or anything like that, but he threw almost nothing. He had more than enough time to throw some combos, but he did almost nothing, I don't know why.

My point is not that Hunt is a bad fighter and so is Lesnar, they are very good in their own way. My point is that I saw nothing in this fight to consider Lesnar as a threat to the Top 5 fighters.
    I saw that he is still in phenomenal shape and can beat a lot of fighters, but the Top 5 is a whole different level, and I don't think he would beat any of them.

Giblert=Excitement likes this.
  18. S=E

In the UFC, yes that would be correct.

Easy. He feared being taken down. He knew he couldn't stop the takedowns and by opening up, he left himself vunerable to a takedown. Plus Hunt has never been a huge combo throwing guy in the UFC. He is one or two punches and knows that he has 1 punch KO power and doesn't need a ton of combos to put someone out.

19. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Cain looked great against Browne

20. Amlap

Brock is a threat against any fighter. Doesn't mean he'll win, but there isn't one single fighter that can 100% forsure stop his takedown. Overeem all roided up with Brock and the diverticulitis was the only way he was getting stopped 5 years ago.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.