1. The impossibility of being human, all too human. This breathing in and out, out and in. These punks. These cowards. These champions. These mad dogs of glory, moving this little bit of light toward us impossibly. "UFC Fight Night 143: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
    Dismiss Notice

Tyron Woodley set to defend title vs. Kamaru Usman – not Colby Covington – at UFC 235

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Tyron Woodley set to defend title vs. Kamaru Usman – not Colby Covington – at UFC 235

[​IMG]

2. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

3. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

I thought Woodley put his foot down and was fighting Colby :rofl:

4. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

So interim belts mean absolute dogshit? I mean, i knew this before but damn..

5. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

Man they have gotten so amazingly bold lately it's unreal. They are blatantly displaying that not only do rankings mean fuck all but also that they will throw meaningless belts on a ppv just to sell tickets. Not to mention how the little drug testing charade has unraveled lately.

The smoke has been cleared, the grand lie exposed, yet still people give the asshats money.

Qball1974, Kano and chuckthechamp like this.
  6. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

I don't understand why we aren't seeing Woodley/Cuntington

Poindexter likes this.
  7. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

It sux because as bad of a shit show it is.. i still want to watch the fights.. its just at this point, its no longer a valid sport to me. It has no credibility..its...boxing..

8. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Good.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  9. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

when i heard they told congress that the belts do not mean the fighter is champion, just that he's the best fighter that night it was pretty obvious the entire company drive changed to 100% prize fights. if a title is included, great! but it's actually irrelevant
    --- Post Added -- Jan 7, 2019, ---
    There's something up with Colby. The fact taht he said he can't get in touch with Dana after this fight was made tells me he's burned some bridges somewhere (shocking) and he might be going to another org involuntarily.

NOBODY likes the guy for shit's sake. he's a terrible 'heel' because he just says offensive shit and you can tell it's actually what he believes. he's just a shitty person

Poindexter likes this.
  10. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I feel more sorry for Usman having to take this fight than for Colby not getting it.

11. Qball1974

Jon does all that and he cheats.

[​IMG]

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Tyron Woodley listed as UFC 235 betting favorite over Kamaru Usman – but not by a lot

--- Post Added -- Jan 7, 2019, ---
    Colby Covington dares ‘lying’ Dana White to cut him: ‘F—k you, UFC’

13. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Wow, I wonder what the real reasons for all of that are. He’s right about one thing. I do not give a shit about a Woodley/Usman title fight. Not yet anyway. As much as I can’t stand the guy, I do really want to see Colby get some big fights in. He has to back up all that hype and bullshit or get smacked up. I’ll still watch Woodley/Usman but damn.

14. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

15. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Colby spitting fire at the UFC.

Way to commit career suicide.

The UFC wont cut you dummy, they will just fuck with your career.

ATJ-Lucko and disposableassassin like this.
  16. thumper

I think a lot of the reasons are right there in his own words. he doesn't carry the power to be talking shit like he does to the UFC. For whatever reason, nobody cares about him. Not even caring enough about him to hate on him.
    It's weird. Some people just don't get to that point. Honestly maybe it's just because the UFC doesn't like him. but if they had promoted him I think they could have made him pretty infamous. Guy has a fantastic record and has done great in the UFC. Granted he has a 14-1 record, but only the last 3 guys he's fought are top guys. Kim Dong-hyun, Damian Mia and recently RDA are the only guys in his resume that are talking points.

I swear they said he was stripped due to inactivity but it's only been maybe 6 months since he beat RDA. That's hardly sitting out.

He had to have burned his bridges on the inside more. These days the UFC sure as shit doesn't 'need' Colby. He's fuckin delusional if he thinks that.

Maybe it's the shit he pulled in Australia that sealed his fate. Pretty obvious how they feel about him if he went over there on a paid job, got in a fight and sent home so they didn't pay

m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  17. Qball1974

The just UFC came out and said they don't give a fuck about anything,

they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else.

18. thumper

Put it this way. Endeavor manages a shit load of fighters in theit own ufc. They could stack cards with them and that slimeball Ari's fighters alone

Maybe they'll rename the UFC to UFEG [ultimate fighting entertainment group]

disposableassassin and Qball1974 like this.
  19. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the tantrum this tool is throwing. I mean he's just so boring to me. His wannabe Chael schtick is uninteresting to the point that I honestly don't even care to watch him lose.

Not too interested in the Usman fight but I won't mind Woodley smashing another guy Dana is praying to get Woodley outta there.

Nebraska and Poindexter like this.
  20. rivethead

rivethead Neg'd 4 Lyfe

I'm interested in the Usman fight. I like Kamaru, but I don't think he'll be able to deal with Woodley's striking. For me, it's less about a spectacle--I'd love to see Woodley shut Coby's mouth, but he's not a legitimate threat, anywhere--and about the fight itself. It doesn't have inherent drama that pulls a spectator in...but at least it doesn't have melodrama. I'm not a fan of hype and overhype.

I'm 100% sure a UFC minion was catering to Cody's ego the whole time, until someone told him to stop. I could see Coldy looking at Iaquinta's entirely insane business model [goes from highly-vocal-bonus-ban-shit-list-still-without-a-fuck-to-give to magically-appearing-interim-title-shot] and thinking he can copy it...but he lacks the in-cage drama of Iaquinta, as well as Als' spine and charisma...not to mention I don't think Al was ever bluffing.

I think you are right...the UFC cares about money. It will pretend it cares about "what the fans want" if that dovetails with piles of money, it will pretend it cares about "a fighter's legacy" if that doevetails with money, but they'll abandon every last ideal if it doesn't turn a dime. They don't care about the sport, they don't care about the fans, and they certainly don't care about the fighters.

I currently work at a university, where much of the leadership above me is spineless and will lie when they don't even need to lie. And I imagine it's still better then working with the UFC.