1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Tyron thrashing colby and setting the record straight

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by thumper, Jun 13, 2018.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

And honestly? i completely believe Tyron.

i'm sure this was posted elsewhere but i didn't see it. if it has just delete the post (and remove it)

Tyron shreds Colby

2. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Unless TWood bites on the gimmick and takes the schtick literally and just totally loses focus, he should absolutely sleep the fuck out of Colby.

Colby's striking isn't his strongest area and I think the grappling exchanges are going to be much more equal and will likely require Colby to eat some shots at best on entry, which I don't think would be a productive idea. Pushing his pressurized, cardio-crusher pace against Woodley feels like it may also be ill-advised, as the matchup could very well turn into a kickboxing affair and I think TWood has much more power. IMO, Woodley has some stylistic nightmare matchups out there, but this doesn't feel like one of them. TWood's layoff from injury and age might also be a factor, but I'm thinking this is a fairly solid title defence.

3. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I think Woodley has developed ways to conserve energy and not gas himself out.
    He knows that's a weakness from carrying all that mass. I think thats why we see him stay outside near the cage and forces his opponent to come to him. He doesn't circle as much as others do with that same mindset. He literally just waits for his opponents to come in and he times their attacks for the right moment to explode on them.

As far as trying to make it a grappling contest, you're still talking about a guy that trains on the regular with Askren. I'm sure his ground game, sweeps, and scrambles are on point.

Woodley came out aggressive against Robbie and we see how that worked out. I hope we see the same aggression against Colby.

4. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Tyron has better wrestling and better striking than Colby.
    Tyron is better is a lot better at not getting hit and has more power.

Poindexter and Malevolence like this.
  5. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 2 Site Donor

Woodley is gonna send this fool back to the mid card.

Poindexter and chuckthechamp like this.
  6. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Hopefully Colby wins

because

that would be funny.

Kano likes this.
  7. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Are there any actual Colby fans here?

8. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

TWood is the much better version of Colby in every single facet.

9. Kano

Yes

10. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Are you doing it ironically, like hipsters that drink pbr?

Macgyver and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  11. Kano

Nah. He's a good fighter. I usually like wrestlers. His talk is nothing to me. It's an act for sales. I don't think he can beat Twood. But I hope he does. I picked Colby over Maia and RDA but not Woodley. Woodley is the best 170er right now.

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I haven’t really followed the sport much in the last year or two. I saw this dude beat Dos Anjos and looked him up on YouTube. Honestly, he’s just as unlikeable to me as Woodley. I don’t care to see either of them fight.

Also to note, for all his bravado, Covington doesn’t move the needle much either. UFC 225 only did 150K PPV buys.

Qball1974 likes this.
  13. Sakara=Excitement

Damn it did under 150k buys. Thats Mighty Mouse territory.

Qball1974 likes this.
  14. Kano

There was good fights on that card.

Yoel/Whittaker should have drawn more than that

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  15. Sakara=Excitement

Its the 2nd time Yoel and Whitaker drew under 150k. Sad.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 13, 2018, ---
    Tyron Woodley opens as slight betting favorite over Colby Covington in title unification bout

16. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I see Woodley as the pretty clear favorite, but I do think Colby could cause more problems against the fence than we think if he's well prepared. If I remember correctly, where Woodley has caught guys against the fence, it's because they stayed at kicking range. By pressing against the cage, Covington might take away more of Woodley's power than we realize. I'd have to rewatch the Wonderman fights, but certainly knockouts like against Kos were these full-body movements a la Tyson, and that's hard to do when you're being smothered.

Qball1974 likes this.
  17. Qball1974

The UFC has destroyed it's image IMO

too much drama and shit match making for the quick buck...….add Jones and Cyroid, they can fuck off.

I'm going to enjoy the crash and burn.

1inthechamber likes this.
  18. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Honestly, this is one of the dumbest things you’ve ever said on here.

Afro likes this.
  19. Qball1974

Why?

I dislike them both, just for different reasons.

20. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

to me this is the fault of the UFC. they've shifted too much and are wanting to see another conor. they have to PUSH these guys to get excitement up. They can't just assume it'll happen.

They could have gotten behind either or both of these guys (yoel wouldn't be a great idea) but whit is a good guy to get behind. They need to MAKE stars, not demand they show up

1inthechamber likes this.