Ticks log...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by tick, Sep 15, 2008.

1. tick

tick is banned?

Well, because I strive to be as bodaciously cool as Clint and Noob, I will start one of these logs as well...

So here goes the log of someone who is trying hard not to be a full fledged fatty.

Starting weight: 207 pounds (I actually started this 2 weeks ago, where I weighed in at 213, not a bad 2 weeks)

Measurements: (will edit them in once I have them)

Body Fat %: (3 site fold test I did on myself) 23% body fat. (eash!)

Todays Breakfast:

2 whole eggs (Omega 3 fortified) and 2 egg whites W/ diced peppers (red, green, orange), spinich and a "Mexi" cheese mix.
    2 "Flameout" pills (fish oil mixture made by biotest)

Snack 1:

Biotest Metabolic Drive (chocolate) mixed with ice water and "Super food" (also made by biotest).

2. Noob

Noob www.myspace.com/mmaspot

You are bodaciously cool.

;-)

3. tick

tick is banned?

Aww schucks, your to kind.

For lunch I had Chicken with Chick Pea's (Please see recipie thread for this recipe)

Also had 1 Flame Out.

I am trying to think of a workout to start today, I have kind of been trying out different things for the past month. I cant decide If I want to do the Infinite Intensity workout or some other ones I have found.

For my next meal I am planning to have a protein shake and some almonds. That will probable be somewhere between 2 and 230. Roughly every 2 to 3 hours I am trying to put some sort of food into my body.

4. tick

tick is banned?

So, to finish off yesterdays food and day...

Around 2:30 I had my protein shake with a fish oil.

Then I had some "Surge" before and after my workout at night. Half the serving sipped while working out, the other half pounded when I got home. The workout went as follows...

1) Sumo Deadlift - 6 sets of 6 reps. First set was at 135 pounds Sets 2 - 4 were at 185 pounds. Sets 5 and 6 were at 205 pounds. Next time I do this workout I will have to go up in weight. The problem I have is that my grip gives out FAR to quickly, so that is a weakness I will have to work on. Anyone have some Grip Training advice?

2)Single-leg Romanian deadlift – dumbbells in each hand: 4 sets 6 reps with 50 pounds in each hand. Same problem as above with Grip.

3a) Leg Curls - 45 pounds (each leg done seperatly) 4 sets AMRAP (as many reps as possible) First set was 15 reps each leg, last had 9. the rest inbetween.

3b) Reverse hyperextension (non-loaded) - 4 sets AMRAP I did roughly 15 to 20 reps each set.

That was the workout. For now on I am going to follow all my workouts with 10 minutes of moderate intensity cardio.

For dinner, I had some roasted chicken and mixed veggies.

As a snack before bed I had Chocolate peanut butter bar with fish oil. I'll post the recipe for the bars in the recipe thread later today.

(End DAY 1)

Today (16 - SEPTEMBER - 2008)

Breakfast -
    2 egg whites (egg beater) 2 omega 3 whole egg omelet. Filling the omelet was 1 turkey sausage (taken out of the skin) Spinach and peppers.

2 Fish oils as well.

5. strife

strife I

Only way to work your grip is to deadlift more. There are other ways but that is by far the most effective.

6. Noob

Noob www.myspace.com/mmaspot

Shoulder shrugs are pretty good for grip strength as well.

7. tick

tick is banned?

Yea, I think I am going to do a grip training thing twice a week. When I deadlift ad things get something that makes the bar a thick bar. I found a few articles that will give me a few idea's on how to improve it.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...training_performance/old_school_grip_training

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ning_performance/massive_forearms_strong_grip

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459521

All from the same site, but different workouts. I am going to continue my search to other sites as well soon, but these are just ones I found quickly.

Thanks for the advice guys!

8. strife

strife I

I love T-Nation, I've been a reader of that site for a few years now.

9. tick

tick is banned?

So my workout was half assed last night, I had an opportunity to see the movie "The Express" and it didnt cost me a penny. The movie surprised me, I didnt really expect much from it, and it was actually very good. Surprisingly good, I'd recommend it.

So I did some towell pull ups, some scarecrows, pushups, rows and that was it. 3 sets of 15 of scarecrows, 10 rows and as many as possible for pushups and pullups. Since it was at home the weight was lacking so I feel like I didnt push hard enough.

Food wise I had a omelet with peppers, and turkey sausage for dinner.

After the movie i got home, prepared my lunchs for the next two days and now jsut relaxing before bed.

Today I have class right after work, so it will be a long day. I just realized that I didnt prepare myself something for dinner. D'OH!

For Breakfast today I had what was left of my dinner from last night (I made a big omelet last night). And the first none water or green tea beverage in over a week. I had a craving for chocolate milk, so I had it. Besides that I supplemented with 2 Flameouts.

10. tick

tick is banned?

I havent updated in awhile. I went from reallly busy at work to on vacation in the Caribbean. I am on the island of ST Kitts, and my attention is not on this site. :) I must say, I have had the best omelet I could ever imagine here. I believe it was the fact that the pig was slaughtered that day (or close to that day) for the ham in the omelet. MMMMM!!!! I had some Rum Punch which is absolutely delicious and dangerous. I leave tomorrow then back to the ol' grind on monday where I should have plenty of time to partake in the conversation here. I still have to catch up on Dream 6 (DVRed it!!!) and I cant wait to watch it.

Until later everyone!

11. strife

strife I

Do some crunches and push-ups for me while on vacation my friend!

12. tick

tick is banned?

While on vacation I actually did some pushups, of course I was drunk and don't remember why I did them.

So since I have been back I have yet to make it to the gym. I suck and have to get off my ass and get there. On Thursday though since I go from work directly to school tomorrow.

My diet has been okay, I actually came back from the vacation down a pound. I guess it is the fact that all the food I had was from free roaming creatures that were slaughtered on the island. I also sweat a ton and walked alot. So, unlike my last vacation, I didn't balloon up!

I have to get my shopping list created and start preparing all my meals ahead of time again. It is much easier to keep with a eating plan when you do that.

13. thebwit

thebwit Guest

What you think we wouldn't notice when you stopped posting in here? Biggest slacker award goes to Tick. Come on man, keep us up to date.

14. tick

tick is banned?

HA! I am a lazy fuck who is a disgrace!!!

I shall prevail! I actually started working out again today and It hurts. LUCKILY i have a very easy job so at dinner I went to the gym at work . Mine you I work 230 - 11 so at 7pm there is only me and 3 other people in this gigantic building. Anyway, I did some excercise there. Then around 930 i got bored of avoiding work so I wend for a walk. Took me close to an hour to walk the basement and 2nd level of the building.

I'd put down measurements, but then I'd actually have to weight myself. I am scared to no what the scale says.

My downfall as going on vacation... It put me off track for a week and that week turned into 2 months so far.

15. tick

tick is banned?

I weighed in today at 220 pounds. Which if you take a look at the first post I have gone down hill from there. So here is to becoming better!

Anyway, I decided on a quick weight loss start. So I am trying out "Lyle McDonald - The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook"

Now today was the start of it, but I came to realize I wasn't properly prepared for it. Alas I figure if I just start it by eating better then its a start as well.

For breakfast I had a omelet. This omelet contained:

3 whole organic eggs
    some red pepper
    some green pepper
    some onion
    some cheese... I think chedder

How it was made...

I sauted the veggies in a light coating of PAM Olive Oil spray for a few minutes . Then I sprinkled the cheese onto that. After putting the cheese on that O poured the 3 eggs (beated) onto all of that. I let it sit for a minutes (over low heat) and then covered it with tin foil and put it in a 300 degree pre-heated oven for around 15 minutes.

It came out okay, but was missing something.

How I will adjust this in the future is by making it egg whites (possible one whole egg just for flavor and some fats).

Lunch:

Well Tuesdays I go out to lunch with my grandmother. It is hard to eat with this diet in a restaurant. I think I did alright with my choice of food though. I got a steak wrap with sauted onions and peppers. Also some salsa to dip it in (that might of been a bad move though).

For dinner I brought some soup that I made yesterday. It is "semi" home made soup. I used no fat 33% less salt chicken broth, garlic, onions, chick pea's (high in fiber, but also rather carby which goes against the diet, hoping one kind of cancels out the other), frozen string beans, frozen broccoli, and frozen mixed veggies. Also cut up four chicken breasts and put that in there. I figure one bowl of this might be on the cuff of good. I am kind of taking this week as a getting organized for said diet so I can better figure out how to work it.

Exercise....

It is something I know I have to do, but I am going to start slow with it. I think I am going to start with just increasing my nepa (non exercise physical activity) by parking farther away at work / stores / etc... Also take walks at work, use the bathroom at the far end of the building etc...

At the gym I am going to start using the "bulletproof knee's" work out for my lower body (this is two days a week) and for my upper body some workout that I havent decided on yet. Probable do things like cleans, Presses, pushups, pull-ups, rows. two to four sets of each exercise once a week. Figure I will use weights 3 times a week (two leg workouts 1 upper body) and two days a week I will do light cardio. Light cardio meaning taking the dog for a walk, or if its crappy out (cold, wet, snowy) doing a slow and steady pace on the ellipticle for 20 to 30 mins. I might also throw some yoga type stuff in there to get me more limber. In the past yoga has helped relieve strain on my back so I figure it cant hurt to do.

Well here goes nothing!

16. groundgame

groundgame New Member

good luck man! If you need any advice, tips just ask man.

17. thebwit

thebwit Guest

With the egg, don't bother putting it into an oven. I cook whatever stuff I put in my omelet first. Then put that on a cutting board. Then spray the pan with Pam and put eggs in. Let eggs cook for about 2-3 minutes until you can pull up the sides no problem, but the center is still liquidy. Then add the veggies, cheese, ham, turkey, whatever to it. Flip up sides over the filling. Flip omelet and press down until no more liquid shoots out. Cook till done.

18. tick

tick is banned?

I will have to try this. I have done similar methods before, but usually not with much luck.

19. tick

tick is banned?

So todays update!!!

Breakfast: Omelet... 2 eggs worth of egg whites 1 whole egg. Mixed with it was Onion, broccoli, pepper (green and red) and chedder cheese.

Ate the first half for breakfast and second half for lunch. I either get filled easily now or it is more filling than I think it should be.

To drink 1 glass of water, 1 glass of strawberry lemonade crystal lite packet with water.

At lunch I had another class of the crystal lite.

For dinner I have a mixed greens salad with string beans (fresh) and broccoli. As a dressing some Italian dressing. Also I grilled up a few chicken breasts and have that has well. Water to drink.

At work we have our coffee break. This is a hard time to get through, because it is a bunch of guys bsing around a table full of junk. Donuts, various chips and dips etc... I don't drink coffee, but the other stuff is hard to resist. It is getting easier though. During that today I had some Hot Tea wish a tsp of sugar to sweeten it slightly. The sugar be out of the equation soon.

Exercise... Well not to much, I did have a UFC 1 rules fight against my dog. She won via tapout due to strikes around the 5 minute mark.

Otherwise I have just continued to increase my NEPA.

Here is the dog standing over me after her victory...
    [​IMG]

20. tick

tick is banned?

So todays breakfast was another omelet. This time I used american cheese instead of Chedder. I don't no which I prefer, considering I am not a huge cheese person.

For lunch I had a mixed greens salad with some Italian dressing as well as some tuna fish. Mixed with the tuna was about a teaspoon of Mayo, two to three tablespoons of plain fat free yogurt (organic), peppers, garlic powder, salt and pepper and some onion powder. If I was a bigger fan of yogurt it probable would of tasted better. It wasn't bad, alas wasn't that good either.

For dinner I have the same thing i had last night.

Also today I have two glasses of hot green tea (with about a teaspoon or two of sugar in each... This will be gone next week) I'll also probable have about 2.5 to three liters of water by end of the day.

Exercise today was just the increased walking. This coming monday I will step it up more.

Today is the first day I have felt really hungry most of the day. Hopefully after I eat dinner it will go away. I found myself walking to my kitchen all morning constantly. I managed to resist eating some crap so hopefully it will get easier.