1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The "What Game Are You Playing?" Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Just started playing AC:O. I picked Kassandra because I played as a guy in the last AC game. Not sure how much a difference it makes though.

2. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

Kassandra has the better voice over work. I hated the guy. He sounds stupid.

Ninjastix and Dimson like this.
  3. Dimson

Glad to hear I made the right choice, lol.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 15, 2018, ---
    Well as of right now I am playing no game. My PS4 is stuck in safe mode and nothing I have tried can get it out of safe mode. Anyone have any ideas? I had it in rest mode and fir some reason, it put its self in safe mode and nothing I can do has come close to fixing the issue. Halp!

disposableassassin likes this.
  4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I was reading today that there’s something going around in messges that’s bricking PS4s, so I hope that’s not the case. Just give Sony a call. Whatever you’re experiencing, you’re probably not the only one

5. Dimson

Just call Sony customer service?

6. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Yup. Or open a chat from their site. If your problem isn’t unique, they’ll know. Also, if I’m not mistaken, your PS4 should still be under warranty, since it is new.

7. Dimson

It says initialize if it gets a white light, which is what mine has, but I do that and it goes back into the loop.

8. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Talk to a tech. They can answer it better than any one else.

9. Dimson

Yeah. Will have to do that tomorrow. Looks like I will have to download update from their website but I don't currently have a USB drive. The update for 6.0 will download but not install.

10. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Started my Game of Thrones game. Loving it. It’s like I woke up from 1995 and now it’s 2012. I am horrible at video games! But loving it.

AnchorPunch and Dimson like this.
  11. disposableassassin

@Dimson was your ps4 issue related to that error message that was bricking consoles?

12. Dimson

I don't know what the issue was. I never got anything to work. I ended up taking it back and getting a new one.

13. disposableassassin

There was an error message erroneously sent out by Sony from what I heard. It caused alot of consoles to brick. We had a few people calling the store about it. I'm glad to hear you were able to score a replacement.

14. Dimson

I had to take an hour round trip to get one but thankfully I was able to get one.

15. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Odyssey has one of the best guided stories of any game I've played in years. I don't know about Alexios but Kassandra is played/animated/voiced to perfection and the emotional twists and turns have been powerful and moving at times. I couldn't say more without spoilers but 2 events in the game are done so well it's a damn shame that it's wrapped up in grindy, resource-management, microtransaction bullshit. Makes me incredibly angry. It's a story that everyone should experience.

I just discovered yet another big revelation of the game and it is fan-fucking-tastic. As a huge Greek historian nerd it's been snippets of heaven being able to meet a whose who of the ancient world. Especially Sokrates but man.. when you find out who your father is I went apeshit.

So dope.

Dimson likes this.
  16. Dimson

I am starting to hit the upgrade wall. Everything costs so many resources to upgrade your gear. It is super laaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeee and I don't even have the exp boost. It is interesting how the abilities work in this game and some of them are pretty cool. The A.I. is still dumb at times and that helps because I need it. I am playing Kassandra and the story has been great so far.

17. Ninjastix

My advice is don't upgrade armor, upgrade your ship and maybe a weapon. The key to beating anything in the game is offense not defense, having armor that boosts your spec is the way to go. When you hit level cap 50 that's when upgrading armor makes sense.

For me I went fire but there are two OP engravings in the game: weapon is perma-fire or weapon is perma-poison. I use perma-fire and all my gear has engravings to boost fire damage. The perma-fire engraving is unlocked on a Merc that I think was near tier 4 or 5. Perma-poison was a Merc at tier 2 so it was a ways off. the Merc with the perma-fire damage will have a big ass Sauron mace while the perma-poison Merc is using daggers.

Basically if you find a weapon with a high fire or poison boost it's worth keeping. Swords, spears, and heavy slicing are, to me, the best weapons. This is why the XP boost is so critical because the sooner you get to level 50 the sooner you can be free from the HAVING TO grind. You can rotate armor and save resources that way. Trying to keep all your gear upgraded is futile. The game even auto-upgrades some legendaries for you at 50 but I have no idea why. It didn't do it for everything I had and for the items it did do it for I can't understand the condition. Wasn't like I had a complete set.

If you were renting the game I'd say fuck it, but if you own the game then pay the 10 dollar XP upgrade tax.

18. Dimson

I am going fire for sure. I love sniping enemies with my bow. I wish using bows were more viable than just sniping though. I might get the exp boost but I am getting Red Dead on Thursday so I am probably going to hold off on spending more money on this game for a while.

19. Ninjastix

The bow upgrade to get is the time slow one. It's stupid, but effective to get spotted then headshot people in slow motion, then hide again.

Bow is my preferred method of stealth. I use the Predator bow skill and that's about it. It takes a bit for that to be super viable, longer than it should imo.

Nothing beats combat though, the game is clearly designed for you to beat the shit out people head on.

20. Dimson

I am not using a shield this time and actually I don't think you can even use a shield, lol. I love using the shield grab ability. It is fun taking their shield and whacking them with it. Spartan kick is fun if you catch them by a ledge or a cliff. I am only level 9 right now.