The "What Game Are You Playing?" Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Yeah they're different game with only slightly similar mechanics. This game is combo focused, it's Capcom after all. And it's multiplayer where you can co-op hunt giant monsters with friends and everyone assumes a role.

Tracking monsters seems downright boring to me. Fighting monsters seems kinda cruel lol, the art design makes everything kind cutsie looking so that's a weird choice when you're smashing a creature in the head with a giant gun spear.

But I don't like the lack of feedback, you know how so games are just really good at making you "feel" when you hit something? The beta seems very floaty in a way where I can't figure out when to hit or start a combo and the lock on system sucks.

I find it very frustrating to play but fast weapons reduce that frustration. They just work better. Dual blades seem broken.

2. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Anyone going to play Monster Hunter World once it launches?

3. disposableassassin

disposableassassin I'd like to introduce you to my replacement Site Donor

I had plans to but @Ninjastix' review of the beta has me feeling sketchy about it.

I work at gamestop and as an employee perk we can check out any game we want for a few days. I'll probably just borrow it and see if I like it.

4. Ninjastix

I found it very frustrating.

1. It's not fun or interesting to track monsters. It's a very bland meta game, it's like collecting resources in a MMO. Maybe necessary but it ain't ever fun.

2. The weapon actions don't feel responsive to me. So I find myself mashing buttons and pulling off combos that I don't know how I did or why the triggered. That maybe fine for some but it wasn't fun for me.

3. The inventory has waaaaay too many items. Thats a whole buff fest/time management system onto itself and I hate that shit.

If you want an action based mini MMO, it should be pretty good. Personally I think Horizon Zero Dawn is a superior game but that's single player, non-melee focused.

I had fun with the twin blades when I played and I've heard that the bow guns are also very good. For me it reminds me of fighting monsters in Dragon's Dogma which is cool initially but steadily becomes an unfun grind.

disposableassassin likes this.
  5. disposableassassin

Yeah, I don't think I'll enjoy it.

6. Dimson

So I bought 3 consoles and games and had a double point multiplier I could have used but I didn't know I had it, just recently upgraded to pro plus, so i missed out on over 28k free points. Boy was I pissed when I found out.

disposableassassin likes this.
  7. disposableassassin

Yeah man that blows. We have been pushing everyone to use those coupons before they expire at the end of the year.

I have the elite pro membership myself. If you add that with my 15% employee discount I save a fuck load on preowned games. What I have been doing is borrowing new release titles and if I like them just waiting for a good preowned copy to come in and I get it for super cheap.

Dimson likes this.
  8. Ninjastix

I haven't played it but I've watched the full experience of Doki Doki Literature Club.

As good as any episode of Black Mirror, holy fucking banana shit what a mind fuck of a game.

9. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Finally getting around to play some "Shadow of Mordor," it's pretty fun. Not on the level of the Witcher 3, but pretty fun.

10. Dimson

You made it to act 2 yet?

11. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Nope.

12. Dimson

You will like it more when you do.

13. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

PlayStation is having a flash sale. Some really cheap buys

14. Dimson

Tom Brady will have a lot of time to play games on Sunday since he isn't playing. Amirite???

15. Monsonbychoke

Yeah hand is a mess

16. Dimson

How did he allegedly hurt his hand again? I say allegedly because we both know it is all bull shit, lol.

17. Monsonbychoke

He actually cut it on Burkheads helmet on a handoff

18. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

good thing he has a super model that shits gold to kiss it better

Dimson and Walter Sobchak like this.
  19. Ninjastix

Monster Hunter World and Dragon Ball Fighterz both release tomorrow.

MHW was a very frustrating beta, be hard to dive in on faith of reviews but apparently the game is challenging and rewarding.

DBZ is also more accessible than most fighting games with more emphasis on timing, strategy, and team coordination. It looks amazing but I just suck at fighting games. I'll wait for a goty edition come next winter.

I may get MHW and hate myself. If I do it'll be on the one x.

20. Dimson

I am considering MHW but I think I will hold until the official @Ninjastix review.