The "What Game Are You Playing?" Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Jan 21, 2015.

1. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

I'm so fucking excited for it.

Problematique likes this.
  2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

M-rated Breath of the Wild. Gimme.

3. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

--- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2019, ---

disposableassassin likes this.
  4. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Just finished AC: Origins. This is the first time in an AC game I didn’t do everything there was to do. I did just enough side quests to level my character up enough to finish the game.

I ended up liking the changes that were made but damn, this game needed a lot of polishing. There are too many things to list that need improving. I assume Odyssey will be much better.

Here’s my question though: this game was a prequel about the creation of the Assassins. They literally created the brotherhood, the creed, the ritualistic removal of the ring finger for the hidden blade, hell they showed where the Assassins Creed logo was derived from. This was the very beginning. So how does Odyssey serve as anything related being it takes place 400 years earlier? You can’t have a prequel to the beginning. The beginning is first. There is nothing earlier.

Anyway, the story wasn’t very interesting. That said, I did hate that your story progress gets interrupted because your character’s level isn’t high enough to progress further forcing you to do hours worth of side quests and hideout raids just to get high enough to do another mission. I usually enjoy these types of things but it breaks up the momentum of the story. You’re required to quit the story and do other things just to get your guy strong enough to function in the story. That was deflating.

All in all, it’s a 6/10, which is a horrible score being this is my favorite franchise.

I think I’ll jump on Hitman 2 or something for the time being.

5. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

@FrankieButNotEdgar in Odyssey the mobs level with you. So no need to run around and find mobs your level.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  6. Ninjastix

I don't know or care about the Assassin's Creed main plot in any of the games. Odyssey best elements are the fantastical ones and the regional conflicts. The AC shit behind it? I haven't bothered to follow any of it.

Dimson likes this.
  7. FrankieButNotEdgar

Anyone ever use Gamepass? I got it for a dollar for the first month and it basically just bumps my Xbox live to 14.99 per month. I got Shadow of the Tomb Raider, PUBG, State of Decay 2 and Metal Gear Survive off of it. My question is are the games you “purchase” with game pass permanently yours or are they only yours while they’re on game pass? What if you cancel game pass?

8. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

If it is anything like the Playstation network, you won't have access to them if you don't have a membership.

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  9. Ninjastix

Using Game Pass to play Forza 4 and both Wolfensteins. When I'm done I'm canceling unless they suddenly add more games. Once you cancel you lose entitlement when your sub ends.

10. FrankieButNotEdgar

I may just keep it. I often times see games that are included when I'm browsing the weekly deals and it never occurred to me to check on pricing. The first month is $1 and every month after that is $14.99 but that includes XBOX Live Gold. Seems like a pretty good deal. You also get discounts on other games that aren't included in the program. I'd say Shadow of the Tomb Raider and State of Decay 2, games I was going to play anyway, is well worth the $1 for the first month or even the $14.99 thereafter. I was about to buy Hitman 2 when I saw it.

11. disposableassassin

Gamepass will also be adding 100 PC games to the xbox library by August.

Oh and if any of you play gears of war the ultimate edition will be free 4 days early on gamepass for subscribers.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Dimson likes this.
  12. FrankieButNotEdgar

NHL 19 is free with XBOX Live and if you "purchase" it, that definitely becomes a permanent purchase. I haven't played a hockey game since Sega Genesis. I loved that immediately, it tailors control and difficulty to you specifically. I was able to jump right into a game like it was 20 years ago.

13. Ninjastix

Zero interest in another Gears. 2 was amazing, easily in my top 10 all time games but the problem with that is everything that ever needed to be said about Gears was said with 2.

Xbox needs to get Nintendo's library imo. Their exclusives are shit. PC games help but Steam killed that market.

Game pass is a pretty neat service especially if you missed out on older games. Though it may not beat the liquidation sales coming to a GameStop near you.

14. FrankieButNotEdgar

I played the first Gears game but that was it. I don’t like run and gun. I’m a stealth gamer. I do love their designs though. I had the red 2 tb Xbox one s with the claw marks and the matching controller until the one X hit the market. I actually have one in stock in my store right now sans the matching controller.

15. disposableassassin

16. disposableassassin

17. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

18. FrankieButNotEdgar

I started Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Graphically, it’s insane to look at. It feels more like an interactive movie than it does a video game. I only have about 45 minutes of play time so who knows if I will find it good or not.

The one thing I instantly don’t like is there’s no crouch. I play in stealth most of the time so crouching is a big part of that. No crouch is a big deal.

If it’s anything like Rise of the Tomb Raider, it will at least be a good game to run through.

19. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.