1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The Totally Useless Thread II

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by thumper, Apr 14, 2017.

1. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Tainted supplement distributor Site Donor

You put anything into it to raise the value?

2. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Nope. Got lucky on the buy and also what will hopefully be the sale. People will pay top dollar for one of those XJs in good shape with all the extras on it. Only selling it myself to get another one. Trying to find another just like mine but with lower miles and that already has a bigger lift and tires on it with as many of the extras possible (steel bumpers/winch/roof rack/leds/tire rack, etc). That way I don't have to spend a ton of money on lift/tires/labor myself. My paint is already really clean but I want it even cleaner in the same color or in black. Going to be a waiting game.

The shitty part is that there's nothing currently listed at the moment in the entire southeast part of the country from Texas to the Virginia's that I'm looking for. But when I first looked a couple weeks ago, there was exactly what I am looking for right here in FL and it sold within days. Figures, right?

disposableassassin likes this.
  3. ILJO

ILJO Mississippi Girl Site Donor

Who gave you that handle, bro?

4. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Well, to compare, deleting a table from a production database for an e-commerce site that does several hundred (sometimes over a thousand) transactions a day vs a thread of posts that are long gone from new?

I'm pretty ok with the latter. Actually i could restore it still but it's a monumental effort to do so and we're 52 pages in. i bet nobody goes back that far to catch up. or do they? When i come in sometimes I'll go back 5 or 6 pages to catch up but not much further. although my gut sunk when I realized what i did.

As an admin you can tic boxes and select multiple threads to delete. i was deleting the thread above it, and didn't realize i had that one ticced too. I didn't even know i did it until i came back to look for it then posted this thread (a couple days later I think)

---------------
    interesting:

--- Post Added -- Nov 20, 2017, ---

5. Problematique

Problematique Australia's Gaston.

6. thumper

7. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Pretty Awesome pep talk I'd say,

And he's that big without shoulder pads lol

Macgyver and disposableassassin like this.
  8. thumper

Something you may not know.

Cats don't bite meat off bones. they use their teeth to rip big hunks. but mostly they lick the meat off the bone.

here's nowthey can do it (it's not only to shred meat off the bone, this is how they 'comb' their fur too)

[​IMG]

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  9. Macgyver

Macgyver Active Member

Habs can use another pep talk.

10. kanobro

kanobro My New Challenge Site Donor

I have the most amazing Grandson, at one year old he has defied the laws of physics.

He managed to get the crumbs from one cracker to cover over 1000 square feet.

11. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

12. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Loved this move :)

Wore my new #17 jersey to my 1st hockey game this year.

Miz likes this.
  13. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Why are you worried about a clean paint job on a jeep beefed up for offroading?

sourdough likes this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Damn monitor messed up again. Shit turns on for 2 seconds, flickers the entire time and then goes black. Last time I found a prepackaged set of capacitors specific to my monitor online, and soldered them in. This time I think it's time to just get a new one. Using my TV as a monitor is a pain in the ass.

15. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

I use it as my daily too. Gotta keep it as nice as possible! Also for when I go to sell it again.

I have seen other ones with a white paint job that looks more of a matte shade than a glossy one like mine. I like the flatter bright white look on those particular vehicles with black accents.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 24, 2017, ---
    IMG_1304.JPG

Something similar to that is what I would love to have.

16. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

17. ILJO

ILJO Mississippi Girl Site Donor

Poindexter likes this.
  18. thumper

--- Post Added -- Nov 25, 2017, ---
    i've been thinking about getting a 39" 4k to use as my monitor, but it would have to have good performance, and that aint gonna be cheap.

My problem is I had a 30" Dell monitor i got in 2006(ish) and paid $1600 then 4 years ago I bought another one. Same make and size, just upgraded from a 3007WFP-HC to a U3011, and that one was just under $1100.

now the 4k's are the swinging dicks, and with good refresh rates I could probably get a 39" 4k for $500 to $700 i spose (haven't looked lately) that would have good enough specs (refresh rate, etc).

Man it's tempting though.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 26, 2017, ---
    gangnam style just rolled over 3 billion

Poindexter and Spoon like this.
  19. Problematique

Problematique Australia's Gaston.

20. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

4k is really the way to go. It's just a matter of time for 4k becomes the standard, and 8k (and whatever it's competitor is called) becomes much more prominent. Hell, my phone is 4k, as many/most are. That alone should be pushing companies faster towards new standards, ramped up production, and then less expensive quality electronics to even more increased production.

But I knew my monitor was on it's way out (could hear the capacitors whining when I first start it up). So when my parents asked what I wanted for Christmas, I told them a new monitor. They took pity on me and got me one early. It's an ASUS VG248QE. 24", 1080p, and a 144Hz refresh rate. For now, it's more than enough for me to get full use out of. Honestly, YouTube would be the only thing I'd get any use out of 4k for. I'm a late adopter on pretty much everything, largely because I'm a "use it until it dies" kind of person. So it'll be another 5-10 years before I'm actually in the market for a 4k TV or monitor. Being such a cheap ass, it'll work out for me down the line :D