The Totally Useless Thread II

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by thumper, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

3. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Just finished watching that.

Never thought I'd see Ramsay wipe his arsehole with a lime.

4. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

5. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

My mommy paid off all my bills today,

No more mortgage

No more car loan

No more credit card

Moms are great! <3

disposableassassin likes this.
  6. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Hell yeah.

What a blessing.

Qball1974 likes this.
  7. sourdough

How is your mom still alive? She must be the oldest person in the world

8. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

9. Cat--Smasher

10. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Took a bit to decipher her crazy speech. "You originated from one..." That crotchety old bitch is about one fall from taking a dirt nap.

11. sourdough

12. Qball1974

Putting on socks is fine,

but cutting my toenails hurts like hell.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  13. Cat--Smasher

Anyone on here supervise a team of staff at work?

How do you respectfully tell a team of bitches to quit being so fucking catty without causing tears?

Due to the caseload we have carried, up until a year ago, all the staff I supervised were males or a male dominated blend. My current team is 80% female and it is notably more work than directing a team of male staff. Bitches and their feelings.

14. Ninjastix

I've had the opposite problem. I've had issues with sensitive males and corporate coddling.

As a manager I tend to lean into people's strengths and interests. I'm not sure what your constraints are, whether or not you adjust people's schedules, or can put people on independent projects. I'd try to make my most social people the busiest.

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  15. Qball1974

My wife works with people both male and female that rarely show up for a full work week,

with sick days, stress days, vacation days, medical leave ……. her head is about to pop off.

People are lazy and entitled, no wonder jobs are moving out of Country.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  16. Ninjastix

It's not always so straight forward in my experience. Don't get me wrong, good help is hard to find and people who put forth effort to distinguish themselves are likely to advance in constrast to those that do not.

But many times I've been unable to help someone get something, anything out of their role because of systemic failures to properly inform us what direction we're heading. I've had to essentially accept the death of my team in favor of outsourcing while still maintaining some sort of total sum responsibility for the shortcomings and gaps associated with that move. I can hardly expect someone who remains in our system to be optimistic about their efforts receiving compensation.

Yet on the other hand.. Tuesday of this week I had to take a call from one of my 2 remaining employees who hasn't reported to work since November of 2018. He's not officially on leave and we arent paying him. I was told next to nothing about his situation, only that he'd be returning the 14th. That means he's been absent for at least 2 straight months.

On our call, 18 minutes in, he either had a seizure or a psychotic break. Not exaggerating. He was mid sentence, let out a squeal, then made noises like someone who ate a flush head kick. I had to coordinate emergency service from my home in Raleigh, NC to his home in Dayton, OH. You can't make this fucking shit up. Here's a guy SO DELUSIONAL he's telling me he's available to work at minute 8 of our call and at minute 18 he has a mental breakdown. At the same time both HR and my Director communicated NOTHING to me about his situation.

So I fall into the category that people will play the role that reflects their perceived value. For some, their ethic overrides their environment. But for most the circumstances tend to dictate their behavior and tendencies. I know I have had no approved avenue to demand more from reps and challenge them for the sake of personal growth. That's cultural yes, but also specific to my business.

I find people are increasingly over evaluating their capabilities because we enable that behavior with inane religion-of-business practices. Not everyone needs 7 individual goals or development planning or leadership coaching or process improvement contributions. Fucking show up first, get your shit done early second, write shit down so you don't forget it third, and stop waiting for someone to tell you do something and just ask basic fucking questions fourth.

That shit applies to any fucking industry imo.

Poindexter and Qball1974 like this.
  17. Qball1974

My wife does another job of an employee when she's sick because she's trained for it,

no word of lie she does the same amount of work in 3hrs when it takes the other 8hrs.

18. Cat--Smasher

19. Ninjastix

Driving from St. Augustine to Raleigh on Sunday. If anyone hits my GTI.. even if I have to crawl from that bitch I will stab someone in the throat with my own femur.

Killer Mike FTW:

ILJO and disposableassassin like this.
  20. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

ILJO likes this.