1. Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. "UFC Fight Night 137: Santos vs. Anders" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 137: Santos vs. Anders.
Dismiss Notice
In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable. Official 2018 Annual Pick 'Ems Challenge: UFC Fight Night 137
Dismiss Notice
Every day above earth is a good day. Survive or die: MMASpot Survival Pool - Season 86.

The Russia Trump fiasco

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by jesusatemyhotdog, Mar 28, 2017.

1. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

All things Russiagate in here.

Starting with this:

http://observer.com/2017/03/kremlingate-russia-spy-game-disinformation/

I've been following Russian activities since my time in the military, my participation in a security affairs think tank, academically and personally.

This isn't going away.

Poindexter likes this.
  2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

You know what's not going away? Appending "Gate" to any controversy. It's just like the "... on steroids" phrase. I can't tell the source of unoriginality anymore. Is it Americans? Is it the media? Is it all of us?

Russia destabilization efforts have been tremendous thus far, both in Europe and now the State.

3. jesusatemyhotdog

Here is an interesting thing to think about.

Let's grant that everything played out as writers such as Louise Mensch have speculated.

Let's grant the Steele dossier is 100 percent accurate.

That can allow us to conclude that the current American executive are essentially agents of Russia.

Let's also grant that the White House and congressional republicans are colluding to subvert any investigation, which will lead to political chaos.

What options does that leave Russia?

1. Try to subvert the truth and engage in disinformation to try to blunt the trail.

2. Either directly, or through indirect leaks, take responsibility for everything.

Option 2 is, to me, the final death stroke that Russia has planned. MAD essentially rules out any true potential of armed conflict. Sanctions can't get much worse, especially since how badly the United States' credibility will be undermined internationally. Fewer states will comply with their agenda. The fact will remain that without willing Americans, this couldn't have happened so it isn't wholly Russia's fault. The resulting descent and chaos that will come with Russia releasing payment, transactional, finance, documentary, audio and video records of American politicians and business leaders actively and willingly selling influence to a foreign government will delegitimize the American political and economic system in a way that cannot even really be comprehended.

As soon as everybody sees the sitting president sitting in a corner jerking off while Russian whores piss everywhere:

[​IMG]

Poindexter likes this.
  4. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

Is there any doubt in the minds of those who post here that the Russians collaborated with this administration in order to interfere with this past election/do some other highly compromising shit?

Poindexter likes this.
  5. jesusatemyhotdog

6. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

The big problem with selling this whole Russia thing to the public isn't going to be establishing that it happened so much as it will be making the public care, since most of the stuff that got leaked against Clinton and the Dems was true (aside from the Spirit Cooking and Pizzagate insanity that some of the kookier conspiracy theorists tried to run with). End of the day, I'm expecting most people (who are already pretty disillusioned with our government and political system in general) to see this as one group of shady people doing shady shit in order to expose another group of shady people doing different shady shit.

AGirlHasNoName, kanobro and Ninjastix like this.
  7. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

To paraphrase Dana Gould, "if the president was caught spying on his opponent at the DNC in 2016, it would be called Watergategate."

Ninjastix likes this.
  8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

If Pizzagate didn't kill the trend then nothing will. Maybe Niggergate or Faggotgate. It's only a matter of time at this point.

9. jesusatemyhotdog

Na. South Park did it.
    --- Post Added -- Mar 30, 2017, ---
    Clinton Watts' testimony before the Senate committee has been pretty exceptional.

Sweet.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn-offers-to-testify-in-exchange-for-immunity-1490912959

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  10. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

If you are publicly offering to speak for immunity, that doesn't bode well for your chances of getting immunity.

11. jesusatemyhotdog

This guy is ex military intelligence who is now a "patriot hacker," who hacked ISIS multiple times and the Russian Foreign Ministry. Sounds dubious, but he's legit and has been weeks ahead of the game.

Scrolling through his timeline will verify his reliability.

But it looks like we may be hitting the endgame sooner rather than later.

Also reading that Trump may blame, whether legit or not, health problems. I've speculated he has onset dementia for months, and brought it up at a conference last fall.

Poindexter and ATJ-Lucko like this.
  12. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

please god make this happen

13. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

Is a Pence Presidency a better option? Trump is a greedy, arrogant fool. Pence strikes me as a zealot; focussed and driven. I believe he is far more dangerous.

@jesusatemyhotdog whats your opinion of the degree of veracity of the Steele dossier at this point in time?

Kevo likes this.
  14. jesusatemyhotdog

Steele dossier is legit.

15. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Sounds like a fun night

disposableassassin likes this.
  16. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Do you really believe it's legit? If so, what leads you to that conclusion if you don't mind me asking?

17. jesusatemyhotdog

Convergence of facts, tactical procedures, strategic goals, background of collector, secondary analysis by qualified people, past behaviour and general demeanor of target.

18. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I suppose he does have the demeanor of a creep.

jesusatemyhotdog likes this.
  19. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

at this point trump is acting like what pence would act like if he was president.

20. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

If we get a Trump pissing sexy tape, officially the most embarrassing thing ever for USA