The Pot Smoking Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

NY’s top health official wants to legalize marijuana

2. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Think I might ask my doctor if a prescription is possible,

got to be a better and healthier way then beer to relieve stress.

Maybe I can ham up my crohns .

I don't smoke but I see drops are a thing.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    #1taz likes this.
  3. Macgyver

Macgyver Active Member

Looks like October 17th is the official date.

A buddy of mine got a prescription based on treatment for his crohn's without much effort. He believes it helps aswell.

#1taz likes this.
  4. Virtualpurple

Virtualpurple Go Team Venture!

If you aren’t opposed to inhaling period It may be worth looking into a vaporizer. It is really incredible how you can tailor and optimize your experience through temperature control and avoid the ill effects that can come with huffing in a bunch of carbon from burning.

Also impressive how efficient it can make your herb. I never understood the benefits of microdosing until someone turned me to it.

If you get interested in something like that I would be happy to share what I’ve learned since I first started with vaporizing (and cannabis in general) to help avoid overpaying for a shitty product because there are a lot of poorly built vaporizers out there that are either very inefficient or have poor reliability or that are just plain junk.

#1taz and Qball1974 like this.
  5. RearNakedSmoker

RearNakedSmoker Runnin' with the Devil

6. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

7. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

So the Volcano I’ve had for 11 years, Darth Vapor, finally crapped out on me. Anyone got a rec for a decent handheld vape? For herb, not oil. Also, not looking to spend a lot

8. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

People don't use empty pop cans with pin holes made using the broken off tab anymore?

9. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Today's health conscious potheads prefer something with less horrible coughing and burning. We'll have to get them smoking out of an apple.

Miz likes this.
  10. Malevolence

Malevolence “Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!”

Funnily enough, I still do. State of the art shit down this way.

Miz and Kano like this.
  11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Apple’s are great in a pinch

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Kano

13. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

14. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

I always liked using a gravity bong made from a sprite bottle and a coffee can.

44335529_2027653533937170_610549959271383040_n.jpg

15. Virtualpurple

Are you still in the market? Ithere are a few portables I really dig. Are you primarily an electric guy or would you look at a torch powered vape?

If you have a rough idea of your budget (and whether you’d prefer something you can hit on demand or if you prefer more of a set -it-and-forget guy that likes to do sessions I bet I can help you find something that suits you well, I kinda dove deep into vaporizers a few years back and have a bigger collection than any right minded person should.

#1taz likes this.
  16. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I bought one at a head shop that I’m mostly okay with, but I don’t know how long it will last or how long I’ll be happy with it. I had a Volcano for 11 years , so I’m sure that’s a steep climb. But if you have any recommendations, I’m happy to hear them. This one I have is fine for now, but it ashes the herb as opposed to the volcano that used indirect heat to extract from it, so I’m losing out on valuable after-vape, which I’ve always saved and used for brownies. If you can recommend a portable one that leaves me with that option, that would be awesome

17. #1taz

#1taz You sure you want me to give a fuck? Site Donor

Vaping ground up cannabis herb is the only way to go. IMHO, it is the safest and healthiest way to ingest cannabis. Edibles get filtered by your liver, some commercially made tinctures contain stuff that isn't very safe, vaping oils can expose your lungs to some really bad chemicals, and so does traditional smoking cannabis herb in a pipe or bong.

I finally just picked up a new in the box older model desktop/tabletop Viva La Vape Guerrilla vaporizer on sale cheap and it's great. It uses indirect heat, it's temperature is totally controllable, and it fills temperature proof clear bags that you inhale the vapors from. I bought a bunch of extra bags (actually made for the volcano) on ebay very cheap so that I can custom cut them in various lengths depending on whether I use them for a single use or want to fill the standard 24 inch long bag that holds more vapors for a longer period of time. If you can find one, you should be able to get it fairly cheap.

Next to my multi-chambered metal handheld herb grinder with a crank handle, it is now my most valuable accessory.

For travel inside my state, I can carry my old Pax handheld vaporizer and/or my own tincture that I make from my leftover vaporizer waste. (I posted how to do that easily and quickly way back in this thread.) In fact, I can even use my leftovers from making tincture to make low grade edibles, so I don't waste anything. I also use a locally made very concentrated CBD lotion for aches and pains that works quickly and helps me a lot. Legalizing recreational cannabis in my state (Washington) has helped bring down prices, but now it is sometimes a bit harder to find a sufficient amount of decent quality CBD herb.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  18. Virtualpurple

What model did you end up grabbing from the shop? There may be a few ways to adjust it for a better experience.

There are quite a few vapes that will let you control your extraction and let you save some goodies for brownies. One of the biggest factors is what sort of budget you want to work with and personal preferences about form factor and how much you like to vape at a time.

I’m going to say sorry I’m advance because This post will be lengthy. If my post is too dry or hard to follow just check out the videos I’ll link up, it gives a really good overview and breakdown.

If I could only choose one vaporizer to take with me on a desert island it would hands down be the dynavap Vapcap. It also happens to be one of the cheapest vapes you can get. It uses a bi-metal disc that gives a click when it is heated up to vaporizing temperatures and clicks again when it has cooled below vaping temps. It’s also borderline indestructible. You can drop it off a building or run it over with a car and go right back to using it. It’s by far the most portable vaporizer you’re going to find, it’s about the size of a cigarette. It has a built in carb for you to control your own air intake. The vapcap can provide a very joint-like experience so its popular with people who enjoy that experience (I never really was a smoker, I dove straight into vaping).

upload_2018-10-22_11-0-46.jpeg

There’s also countless ways to heat it up. The most popular is with a butane torch, a regular box lighter, a stove, or even a tea candle.

When I’m at home though I like to use an induction heater because I don’t have to fill up any lighters. There are a few folks out there selling some incredible portable induction heaters (the one I own can easily power through a few days of relatively heavy use), or you could buy a dental lab heater off amazon for 50 bones. I don’t own one of those but apparently it’s a steal for 50 bucks off amazon.

You can crush anything with this little guy. Ground herb, unground nugs, concentrates, they all play nice. And as that last video shows, it can really provide huge bong rips if you’re into that.

The vapcap also requires next to no maintenance. The oven stays very clean. The condenser will build up reclaim and you can either use a wood skewer or a q-tip to push it out and you have a few killer options you can pursue here. You can wrap it into some cotton or degummed hemp fiber and just vape it up or you could add it to a little oil and add it to your brownie recipes, or you can toss the condenser into a little saucepan of milk or even better, half and half and use it to make some wicked hot chocolate.

I’ve owned vapes ranging from 50 bucks all the way up to 450+, but this is hands down the best performance for the price that you’ll find. It’s like a cast iron pan. You can buy it once and it’ll take care of you for life. I usually recommend people buy the baseline M model. It’s 60 bucks for the device on its own and truly is all you need. In the future you may want to try a titanium tip (better airflow, faster heat up and cool down, and three placement options for your screen if you want to reduce the oven size and start microdosing), or try out a longer condenser with a mouthpiece for a little extra length. You’ve already got your base and you can just build around it however you like.

If you just want something battery powered I can delve into those as well, but

Do you fiddle around with ecig mods at all? I picked one up because in the last year there have been some awesome vaporizers that are being built with 510 threads.

Qball1974 likes this.
  19. Kano

withstood the test of time
    satisfying potheads for decades

il_fullxfull.962436700_2u7e[1].jpg

Poindexter likes this.
  20. Virtualpurple

I’ll still choose the method that stretches my dollar further and reduces the potential adverse effects to the respiratory system. However marginal it may be.