1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

The Pot Smoking Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Sep 13, 2008.

1. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

Was his name Matt, Bob, or John Smith? haha. Swear to god I know a few guys that went to Hullaween.

Poindexter likes this.
  2. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

He said his name was Nick.

He was a heavyset fellow with short hair and a beard. Funny guy too. I know that doesn't help, but you may very well know this cat. Although by the looks of you in some recent pics you've posted I doubt you'd be associating with the likes of this cat. I know I certainly wouldn't, at least not outside of that venue.

Poindexter likes this.
  3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

4. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

Some questions for my fellow pot enthusiasts, just out of curiosity;

Do you indulge daily? If yes, how much do you ingest every day, on average? Do you indulge during the day, or only at night, or any time? Is pot your only indulgence?

I smoke hash pretty much exclusively. I used to smoke a couple in the evening on weeknights, and then probably 4 - 6 per day on the weekends, but typically later in the afternoon. I don't indulge if I have shit to do and have to be out, or be on the phone. I only indulge at the end of a day, once all responsibilities have been taken care of, and I am settling in for the night. My wife doesn't indulge at all, but doesn't mind my habit. I have never tried anything harder than pot over the 30+ years I have been indulging, so there goes the "gateway drug" bullshit argument........ I can stop any time I like, and I have done so. It's just a matter of me really wanting to.

For me, it is a great sleep aid, and a great way to release my thoughts. I truly believe some of the shit I think of can be big money ideas, but I could be entirely wrong. ;)

5. TriangleSmoke

I generally use it daily, although I've been sick with a nasty cold this week and haven't used any since Monday because I don't have any edibles. Inhaling just makes the cold worse.

I've been mostly vaping concentrated materials lately because they don't sell flower in the FL dispensaries yet, and I don't grow anymore. I do enjoy some fine flower from time to time though, although it's a pain in the ass for me to get at the moment.

When I'm not dealing with a cold like I am now, I use it from the time I settle in at home in the evenings until I go to bed. I stay high all day on the weekends.

6. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Would any of you happen to live in near Boca Raton Florida and want to be my weed dealer? Sick of driving down to Miami lol

7. TriangleSmoke

Oh, I should add that I vape CBD during the workday, mainly after bjj open mats during my lunch break. It's great for post workouts and doesn't have any psychoactive effect.

Afro likes this.
  8. TriangleSmoke

Just get a weed card, dude.

Afro likes this.
  9. TriangleSmoke

And I may be in Boca Raton on business just after the new year. I'll buy you a beer, @Afro

Afro likes this.
  10. Afro

Fuckin ey I forgot about that, and I just found all my medical docs the other day for my anxiety/add so shouldn't be too hard to do

11. TriangleSmoke

You have to be calculated in FL. You can't just say "anxiety/add" like in Cali and other states. You need to use some hyperbole. If you've ever had any significant issues that contributed to your anxiety (dad beating the fuck out of you, witnessing domestic abuse as a child, etc etc), use that. Embellish it. I know it sounds shady, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I told the doc I was there for migraines and extreme anxiety due to stuff from my childhood, and I suspected the migraines were a symptom of my anxiety. I wasn't dishonest about anything, but I did embellish. I also said this to the doc verbatim, "Look, obviously I'm not a doctor or a scientist. I'm here for your recommendation. If you feel there is a pharmaceutical drug out there that will have a more positive impact on me than cannabis without having any negative impact on my liver or kidneys whatsoever, I am all ears and open to any of your suggestions. You're the expert here."

The doctor said, "There is no pharmaceutical drug that meets that criteria. I'm going to approve you." My official debilitating condition is "PTSD/Migraines Headaches."

I was in and out of there within 15 minutes.

But you don't get your card immediately. It took just over 30 days after I was approved to get my card.

12. TriangleSmoke

@Afro I should also add that you bringing your medical records will help a great deal. Also, don't dress like a bum when you go to the doc. I went during my work day, and I'm a corporate suit by day. I think that helped.

13. Afro

Yeah I gave the criteria a once over and suspected as much. Was the valuation pricey? and what do you get per gram at dispensaries anyways? is it way higher than what you get on the street or similar?

14. TriangleSmoke

Trulieve has a monopoly on the dispensary market which is bullshit. I don't know the full details, but it's something shady: there's a small collection of growers in the state, and Trulieve has an exclusive business deal with the growers. That's my understanding, and it's very unfortunate.

Go to Docmj.com. Take the survey, and they'll refer you to a doctor. You pay $179 (or something like that) to DOCMJ, and they schedule your appointment with a local doctor. If you visit the doctor and get denied, they refund you the $179. Once you get approved, you have to mail a $70 money order to the FL Department of Health and upload a passport style photo to your profile in the registry. My picture was rejected 3 times before it got approved. It has to meet the specific dimensions and whatnot.

The only flower you can buy in the dispensaries are vape cups--it's like a keurig k cup, but it has ground weed in it. You have to buy a special vaporizer for the kcups, and they're ridiculously overpriced so I don't fuck with them.

I buy the vape concentrate cartridges. I prefer flower, but it's nice to be able to buy the concentrate legally. John Morgan is suing the state legislature though, so we should be able to buy flower within the next year or so.

Afro likes this.
  15. TriangleSmoke

I get 250mg vape cartridges for $37 and 600mg cartridges for $70. It's a bit high, but it's worth it because it's legal.

Afro likes this.
  16. TriangleSmoke

17. Afro

It's funny I kinda figured some shit like this would go down once the whole legalization talks starting gaining steam years ago, that's some bullshit but what can ya do?

That's not a bad price for legal weed though, I'm going to have to give this a try soon. Beats having to drive through the hellstorm that is Miami traffic for bud.

18. TriangleSmoke

It looks like the closest dispensary to you is in Miami...check out the dispensary list and see if there's one closer to you.

Regarding your question on the limit you can buy: youre limited to so many milligrams per month. I have never gone over my limit, and i use daily.

Afro likes this.
  19. Afro

I think they are in the process of opening up one in West Palm so there should be one closer pretty soon

TriangleSmoke likes this.
  20. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Fucking fry-bags.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 7, 2017, ---
    All day, errr day.

Poindexter, TriangleSmoke and Trodden like this.