1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

The Pot Smoking Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

Cool. I'm researching right now and one says put it in the oven first the other says just mix it with the butter right away. Any input?

2. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

It's not that difficult. There are different methods. I always used a double-boiler and a cheesecloth. Google it.

Also, make sure you're using real butter, not the "Let's pretend I'm not fat" faux butter. The goodies bind better to real butter.

RearNakedSmoker and Cat--Smasher like this.
  3. TriangleSmoke

I've heard of putting it in the oven first, but if you're not careful you could pretty much vape all the goodness out of it if the oven is too hot. @RearNakedSmoker likely can give some sound advice on making butter.

RearNakedSmoker likes this.
  4. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

Holy Shit did you know there is such thing as weed lube. Apparently works on girls.

5. RearNakedSmoker

RearNakedSmoker Runnin' with the Devil

I use unsalted sweet cream butter. Double boiler works great or you can just put water in a pot and then put the butter in. Only use enough heat to make it simmer. Once the butter is melted, throw your product in and let it simmer. Stir it occasionally. I usually let it cook a good while....like 2 hours and strain it through some cheese cloth into a large measuring cup (8 cup size). It gets put in the fridge overnight and it forms a large disc or puck. Run a knife around the edge and pop it out.

I use 1 1/4 oz. of flower per pound of butter and that goes into 2 boxes of brownie mix. That's the amount that I settled on after many tries. Works very well. 1 good size brownie will treat you right.

When you're consuming whatever it is that you make with the butter, remember to start low and go slow. (Eating it on an empty stomach will speed up the process) Wait at least an hour before you eat anymore.

Eating edibles can be a lot of fun but if you over do it, it can be an extremely unpleasant, rough fucking ride.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  6. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

Thank you sir. I've read about nuking a bit of butter and a bit of stuff if you just need a litter butter. Any thoughts?

RearNakedSmoker likes this.
  7. RearNakedSmoker

I've never used a microwave or the oven to make butter, just the stovetop.

I've also never made small amounts so I can't really speak on that but I figure that 1/4 Oz to one stick of butter or 1/8 Oz to one half stick of butter should be a good ratio and will work well.

If you use the microwave and make some butter, be sure and let us know how it turns out.

8. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

Will do. I found a recipe that uses 2 tablespoons of butter to about one joint. Then you make a mug cake.

9. TriangleSmoke

I went to a weedstore legally for the first time today, but they can't even sell weed yet. I picked up some awesome vape cartridges though: Girl Scout Cookies, Sour Diesel and 9lb Hammer. I also got this tube of edible Chemdawg oil. The guy told me to be careful with it, so I'm really excited to try it.

Cat--Smasher and Poindexter like this.
  10. RearNakedSmoker

Chemdawg D is killer smoke. I'm sure that oil will be awesome.

TriangleSmoke and Poindexter like this.
  11. TriangleSmoke

I accidentally took more of that edible oil than I meant to. Shit is the bomb.

RearNakedSmoker and Poindexter like this.
  12. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Preloaded vape cartridges are my jam these days.

Easy. Clean. Discrete and High Quality.

I always used to be the guy who stunk like weed. Not anymore.

My buddies whose old ladies get cranky when they smoke, always hit me up for a vape pen puff or six when we drink beers cuz their wives cant smell it on em.

13. scottsec

scottsec NOLA

I miss Mary!!!!

14. TriangleSmoke

I like the cartridges, but I prefer flower. Although people seem to be more accepting of vaping over smoking at the moment.

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  15. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

Ok making a mug cake with my butter this weekend. First time doing edibles. I don't know the potency of my weed. So the question is any suggestions on how much I should take for the first time?

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  16. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

All of it. Then back it off from there until you find the perfect amount.

ETA: I just realized you said this was your first time fucking with edibles. Do not do what I said to do. I dunno how much you got there but keep in mind you need to allow almost two hours for it to kick in. Where people get themselves into trouble is they eat some and 45 mins later they think they need more so they eat more and fast forward a few hours and you will KNOW with 100% certainty, that you're dying. You won't be. But you'll be 100% certain.

dan the man and Cat--Smasher like this.
  17. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

Wait what if it's too strong. I don't to be pullin a "Smokey" running down my street. I could just imagine running down the suburban street and 70 yo Henry telling his wife he knew it that coloured fella down the street was on something.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Cat--Smasher

Do the exact opposite of what @ChuckBooty 2.0 just recommended, unless you want to go for a real trip.

ChuckBooty 2.0 likes this.
  19. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

Since it's mug cake I figure 2 to 3 tablespoons should do..... I hope.

P.S @ChuckBooty 2.0 your a dick ha

ChuckBooty 2.0 likes this.
  20. Cat--Smasher

Eat a good chunk. Note the size.

Wait 60-90 min before you even start to assess how you feel.

If not high, eat another similar size chunk but dont do it too soon.

If you can determine the best dose for your butter, you will enjoy it more.

Then again, I am a bit of a pussy when it comes to edibles.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017