The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Marlo Stanfield, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

Lol, holding up so far. I hope it doesn't get wrecked because I've got some new scotch I plan on opening/trying later tonight.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Kevo and Poindexter like this.
  2. JonesMadeDCcry

JonesMadeDCcry SMOKE BOMB!

I've gotta say, I think half acre is kind of overrated as a brewery. Daisy Cutter is ok, but I could think of 10 or more beers I'd rather have. The rest of their tap, not a fan

Beardown98 likes this.
  3. Beardown98

Beardown98 Well-Known Member

I prefer Finch and Revolution to Half Acre as far as Chicago Breweries go. I like Daisy Cutter a lot though and Black Feather is really good. Gone away is meh imo

Kevo likes this.
  4. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

[​IMG]

Got a mixer case from Steamworks, just got into em.

Fucking hung over all day. It is always a mistake to drink your dinner on a work night.

Beardown98 and Poindexter like this.
  5. Beardown98

What have you liked out of it?

6. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Prob wrecked

7. Cat--Smasher

The session ale is pretty tasty.

8. Cat--Smasher

A 4 day weekend and a mixer by Central City Brewers to start it off.

[​IMG]

Cool innovative brewery out of Vancouver. Done numerous collaborations with other local breweries in the past to release Brew Brothers 1 & 2 (cases a variety of beers they have created with other breweries around BC) but recently expanded to include the new mixer of collaborations across Canada. A beer created from Central City and a different local brewery in each province.

Any of you Canadian kids recognize any of these other breweries?

Starting in BC and working my way east.

Beardown98 and Poindexter like this.
  9. Cat--Smasher

I need one of these in my life:

10. ILJO

Why don't you buy one?
    --- Post Added -- May 13, 2017, ---
    Not bad

upload_2017-5-13_7-1-31.jpeg

11. Macgyver

Macgyver Active Member

I've had the red racer on the box, I'm sure you've had an abundance of those.

I've had Beau's. The brewery isnt too far me. I really need go visit. Their Lugtread is most popular around here. I had a seasonal ipa (can't remember the name) that was solid.

I've also had Garrison when I was is Halifax. Wasn't that memorable - but I don't remember much of the night either so take it for what its worth.

Cat--Smasher and Poindexter like this.
  12. Cat--Smasher

Red Racer's ISA is my go to case of beer.

13. Beardown98

So my wife picked up a new Belgium variety pack from costco. I was never really all that into them but I gotta say their tangerine IPA is on point, I don't taste a ton of tangerine just a really good ipa. The 8 hop Isa doesn't pack enough flavor imo, its just kind of falls flat for me and i really like a good isa this just isnt one imo. The lime ale is meh and fat tire is a good choice for guests that aren't into craft beers. I wouldn't buy the variety pack again but I would grab the tangerine IPA on its own again.

One of the guys I work with was at new glarus brewery in Wisconsin over the weekend and picked me up a couple moon man isa 6 packs and a 4 pack of this imperial IPA called scream. It's a 9% beer that drinks like a 5% beer with huge flavor minus the big booze finish. It's the kind of beer you don't realize is so potent until your already 2 beers in and have a hell of a buzz going.
    citradelic_l.png New-Glarus-Scream-IIPA.jpg

Poindexter likes this.
  14. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

In love with Unibroue, specifically La Fin Du Monde and Maudite.

Amazing brews, 9 and 8% respectively super smooth and creamy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Macgyver likes this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Maybe I should post this in the Rant thread instead of here, but it is about beer, so...

I've been abstaining from alcohol for the past 2 months, which is the longest I've done in 4+ years (previous longest was like 12 days.) Started having some health issues, that I'm assuming is due to my binging and horrible diet. Well tonight was the night I decided to jump off the wagon and drink some brew. Went to the local store, looked around, and said "Fuck it, I'll get my regular semi-tasty shit." That being Sam Adams "Pack of Rebels" 12-pack of 4 different "Rebel" variants. Sons-of-bitches almost have my money too, until I saw a 6-pack of Rebel Juiced IPA [Tropical Twist of Mango and Citrusy Hops]. Looked back at the 12-pack I usually bought, and this shit has changed, along with the ABV. Shit went from "hoppy", hoppy with grapefruity, hoppier, and even hoppier to hoppy, hoppy with grapefruit, motherf'ing MANGO, and some other shit! WTF is this motherfudging bullpoopy?! And this shit went from 8.4 ABV for the Rebel Rouser Double to 7.3 for the new 4th of the 12-pack. Samuel Adams would be rolling in his grave is he could agree upon an analogy between hops and tea.

Bought a 6-pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedo instead.

Poindexter likes this.
  16. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I've had a stretch where I was hitting the former. Delightful, I must say.

17. WorldChampions

WorldChampions Member

Guyz ...
    I hate beer.....
    I love pepsi,coke and Dew...
    Any one here lover of these drinks :p :p :p

18. Beardown98

I had this Beaut last night

3 Floyd's Cimmerian Saber-tooth Berserker 100IBU 9% IIPA It was good but it took a couple sips to get acclimated to it, once I did it became pretty complex and i enjoyed the hell out of it.
    upload_2017-6-11_13-10-49.jpeg

Kevo likes this.
  19. ILJO

Drinking this. It's interesting

upload_2017-6-17_20-51-17.jpeg

20. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I've enjoyed that quite a few times.

disposableassassin likes this.