the North Korea thread (world war 3 spoilers)

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Trodden, May 14, 2017.

?

if NK has nukes do we act?

1. yes

2. no

3. yes, but not me. someone else

4. we shouldve already

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...n-carry-nuclear-warhead/ar-BBB8rcF?li=BBnb7Kz

North Korea Says Missile It Tested Can Carry Nuclear Warhead

the stories gotten some real attention.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/14/asia/north-korea-missile-test-russia-japan/index.html

yes NK lies a lot, but if this ones true, now what

2. Trodden

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/08/politics/north-korea-missile-ready-nuclear-weapons/index.html

Trump threatens North Korea after US assesses they have miniaturized a nuclear warhead

3. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

If you act, you act with sanctions as I see it. More and more of them, if they continue to posture and ultimately if the countries involved stick to the sanctions there will be a massive collapse and hopefully the new regime would not want nukes. Now that imo is the best outcome. It is clear Kim is not going to negotiate. So what really happens who knows, I am not worried about NK personally. If they act then the countries that really have a problem will end up being China and surrounding nations. They will then act and will have to do whatever they need to to stop NK. A nuke is not going to hit our mainland imo. Is it possible, yeah I suppose, but not likely. If the international community does not want us to act we should not because the major damage is going to occur there. If NK wants to launch a nuke at us first then they dig their own grave. I have a feeling they are well aware of this. I don't think people know exactly how advanced our military is, I am not talking about other nations I just mean people in general. Quite frankly there is even a smaller percent of people who know what type of weapons we even possses. Who knows what the hell is up there in space at this point. So much Shit we don't know, one thing is, I'm not very worried about my safety living here from NK. Far more things I can think of here that would bother me more.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  4. Trodden

I hope that thats the outcome but I dont trust Trump or Kim to end this amicably

how can you not be worried when our intelligence services agree that as far east as Chicago could get hit

I hope a nuke isnt going to hit the mainland, but its possible, however unlikely

Trump doesnt seem to care about those not in front of him, and since north koreans didnt vote for him I doubt he'd care if a lot of them died

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

we dont really have an advanced anti-ICBM system

its like shooting a bullet out of the air

the closest we have is THAAD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_High_Altitude_Area_Defense

5. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

I'm not worried because I think Kim is and always has been a posturing maniac. He knows the end game with the slightest wrong move. He may be a lunatic but he is not totally inept. Also, I don't like trump but to say he does not care if a ton of people die I think is crazy. One thing to oppose someone and their stance on everything, that's fine but to assume someone has no care for human life over political bs like trump is ridiculous. I'm sure people want to think that's how he is operating just to condemn him even more but I think that's a pile of shit. If the guy did do something right people who oppose him would never admit to it.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 8, 2017, ---
    North Korea saying they want to strike Guam now. Fuck sake enough of this madness bullshit. Fuck off

trumpatemyhotdog likes this.
  6. Trodden

youre kidding right?

the guy who'd let 'obamacare' implode which would cause a lot of people to lose health insurance and quite a few would die from not being able to afford life saving medicine or care

the guy who'd send children fleeing war in south america back facing death

and the guy who'd send even more troops to Afghanistan to fight even tho our generals have claimed the war has reached a stalemate

thats the guy who would care if other people died??

c'mon, Trump clearly doesnt care about lives he could save

I didnt say he cared for no human life

but his 'America first' platform has already stated that Trump only cares about his 'base'

I have seen NOTHING else that has shown Trump cares for anyone else

its really hard to tell what Kim wants, but it seems like he really only wants to be feared

7. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

8. Trodden

Trump is right

his horrendous leadership will lead us into WW3

9. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

unintentionally hilarious.

trumpatemyhotdog likes this.
  10. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

11. Trodden

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/01/duckworth-trump-north-korea/551381/

'The Military Has Seen the Writing on the Wall'
    The United States is preparing for a war with North Korea that it hopes never to have to fight, says Senator Tammy Duckworth.

12. Peezy

Peezy Voice of the people

I’m confused, “we” means Canada right?

13. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I get most of my news from MMA SPOT forums.

Could someone tell me is North Korea a threat to United States and or the rest of the world.

14. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

There's no greater threat to the United States than it's own population.

While we wait for an attack from some sneaky chinamen, we're killing each other and ourselves.

That's your fucking answer. Some fat zipperhead with low yield nuclear weapons might make a city go away but it's nothing compared to the devastation wrought by our wealth and greed.

15. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member