1. The family that I live for only breathes the air that smells of combat. "UFC On ESPN+ 6: Thompson vs. Pettis" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

The NBA 2018-2019 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Jun 21, 2018.

1. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Doesn’t seem like AD even wants to play. They should have just traded him. Their options aren’t going to improve drastically, especially if this situation deteriorates more.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 15, 2019, ---

2. split2874

split2874 Relax

I think you had to wait until the summer to trade AD let other teams get involved this drama will start to fade after the all star star game and definitely once the playoffs start.

3. FrankieButNotEdgar

Other teams aren’t going to make a real push for a player who has said up front he’s not signing an extension. Now he’s become a malcontent on top of it? Its gotta be part of the plan.

4. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

NOLA did the right thing holding onto AD, they had no reason to move him before the trade deadline.

Dimson, Nebraska and split2874 like this.
  5. Noise

Noise Ruido

Don't think I've ever been in this thread before but just in case there's any bitch-bred fuckboy clowns that think otherwise:

LEBRON RAYMONE JAMES WILL NEVER BE NEAR, LET ALONE ON PAR WITH, THE GREAT ONE.

POINT.

BLANK.

PERIOD

CA_Gas Bag likes this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

7. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

I didn't know you were a hockey fan. Let alone of Wayne Gretzky.

8. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

9. FrankieButNotEdgar

If he's open to going to Boston, there's not a team in the league with more ammo than Boston so he's gonna be a Celtic next year. Whether or not he signs an extension is to be determined.

10. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I mean, both he and Kyrie are constantly hurt. On paper sure, it's an amazing combo but practically no, no I'm not sold.

Poindexter likes this.
  11. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

--- Post Added -- Feb 16, 2019, ---

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  12. Poindexter

Not a bad three-point contest there.

13. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

4 people in dunk contest...

14. Poindexter

What da hewl?

15. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

[​IMG]

Nebraska and MBC like this.
  16. Poindexter

--- Post Added -- Feb 16, 2019, ---

Problematique likes this.
  17. Cornbread and Ketchup

Cornbread and Ketchup Ninja

I’m not sold on AD. He’s a great individual player but doesn’t mean he’s a lock to win with guys like Kyrie or Lebron. I think chemistry and leadership are undervalued now that’s it’s all about teaming up superstars. The Pels made effort to add talent around him, at some point not winning has to fall on his shoulders as well.

Weird how people are talking about him/his teammates appearing uninterested and disengaged, but Lebron is like that a lot of the time

18. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

The NBA has been getting on my nerves. Getting to be too much style not enough substance. The media coverage has done much to devalue the regular season and over-inflate individual accomplishments. There's going to need to be a course correction at some, the league is steadfast becoming click bait.

I have 0 interest in drafted all star games or the dunk contest. It's hot garbage. And the backend of the season, which should be a sprint for conference competition, is gonna be an apathetic slog for strategic positioning for the perpetual "next season" mentality.

Too much business. Not enough sport. At this point I think the playoffs should be ONLY conference title holders. That's it. You win your conference and you go on to the playoffs. For the draft, any teams in the lottery have the same % chance for a pick. You wanna hedge your bets? No more tanking, you gotta trade for lotto picks.

19. FrankieButNotEdgar

Last night was the first dunk contest I've watched since I was a kid. I don't know if I'm missing something but it felt very underwhelming. I remember the dunks of when I was a kid and they felt more original and the degree of difficulty seemed much higher. Last night, almost every dunk is a guy dunking over the top of another guy. If you're 6.5 to 7 feet all, and are a genetic, athletic freak, dunking over a guy should be easy to you. I just remember when the dunks were more original and shit you've never seen before.

I do give Diallo credit for dunking over Shaq. That was nice but that was the dunk of the night.

20. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

It’s corny now, props and all. I feel like these kids are clearly athletic but they are trading athleticism for corny acts. Go out there and do something with your body and just the fucking ball. Triple Lundy into a cannon ball or something.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 17, 2019, ---
    Don’t need a balsa wood plane to jump over with yahoos wearing eye wear. Like cut the shit. What’s that have to do with the dunk. Nonsense