1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The NBA 2018-2019 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

With the Knicks who knows?

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  2. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

But he’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. That’s literally that only part of the deal that makes sense for both teams. Nothing about that to get stuck on.

3. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I just found the story of it humorous.

4. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

So the Knicks...

They have to be absolutely sure KD or someone is signing with them in the off season right? Even though I don’t agree with that approach, that’s the only thing that would make sense right?

5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

The Knicks operate outside of the parameters commonly referred to as “sense”.

6. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

9. FrankieButNotEdgar

I don't think the Lakers get Kawhi, KD, or anyone else of consequence in the offseason from where rumors are swirling. So if they don't land AD, they likely don't get anyone else of consequence to pair with Lebron. Magic better get more aggressive and land AD or shit could get real serious for him.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 2, 2019, ---
    As for the Knicks, some people are laughing at the Porzingis deal but some are saying they have a shot at getting both Kyrie and KD in the offseason now, plus will likely have a top 3-5 pick. That could be a changing of the guard for them right? No more laughing stock.

10. Ninjastix

The Knicks will continue to lose. Both Kyrie and Kevin Durant have won dick on their own. They've won nothing "leading" teams their damn selves. They're both the same sort of players, they're offensive assassins. They don't create team offense they create shots for themselves. The rest of the Knicks have no winning culture or experience to draw off of. Their coach is unproven.

Just map it out. 2 selfish offensive players under the bright hot New York lights with the New York media hounding them stuck with a group of young, inexperienced players, with a head coach with limited experience.

Let me reiterate. I do not want Durant. I do not want Irving. I do not want Butler. Fuck all 3.

It's LeBron. Curry. Then Leonard. They're winners with the winning accumen to be winning leaders. The Knicks can't buy their way out of their situation. They have to draft and develop around a modern philosophy of basketball. Durant and Kyrie would still get waxed by Milwaukee or even Indiana when Victor gets back.

11. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

--- Post Added -- Feb 3, 2019, ---
    [​IMG]

12. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

[​IMG]

13. FrankieButNotEdgar

The Lakers have upped their offer to the Pelicans for AD.

Any chance this gets done this week?

14. Ninjastix

Gonna depend on if other teams have contacted the Pels saying they'd risk the 1-year rental. New Orleans should ask for picks, Kuzma, Ball, and Zubaz or however his name is spelled. In return for AD they should also be able to offload any bad contract they deem. Ball is a serviceable point. Kuzma has legit talent. Ingram is not a premier talent, he doesn't help the Pels. Pels can slot in Zubaz and Kuzma to help Randal up front, then Ball and Holiday can play off each other. What would sell it is what picks can the Lakers offer.

The Knicks tried but my guess was they didn't offer this upcoming pick. I bet you the Knicks don't land top 3 with their pick. If I had to guess.. they get 7th or 8th.

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

Word also is the Lakers are in play for Carmelo once the trade deadline has passed because they have to free a roster spot for him. I don't know if he can help them or become a liability at this point.

16. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

--- Post Added -- Feb 4, 2019, ---

17. Dimson

Way too much.
    [​IMG]

18. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

They gonna have to bring Derek Fisher back to run point

Poindexter and Dimson like this.
  19. Dimson

Or maybe Steve Nash.

20. Ninjastix

You already had Randall, Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball together. It was called "The Lakers". Didn't work so great the first time. Probably why Johnson wants to off load.

Kuzma is the only player worth keeping. I don't know that he has 1st team all NBA talent but he can make big plays. Not sure he can carry a team but he can grow for sure.