The NBA 2018-2019 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

She is the GOAT of female announcers/broadcasters.

CA_Gas Bag and Problematique like this.
  2. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

--- Post Added -- Sep 10, 2018, ---

Dimson likes this.
  3. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

4. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Thibs is gonna be gone. They subverted their young talent for Jimmy Butler. You can't expect Wiggins or KAT to evolve into leaders when you insert a different #1option who isn't a #1option. I love Jimmy Butler, but he's an apex role player not a one man offense. Flooding the Wolves with old ass spent talent instead of developing young player and forcing the onus of success on them is a recipe for mediocrity.

Thibs can't be GM and coach. That rooster is a bad composition asking for problems by bringing in more loyalist. Shame.

Beardown98 likes this.
  5. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

--- Post Added -- Sep 17, 2018, ---

Ninjastix, Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  6. Ninjastix

Good move by the Spurs. Especially with Tony Parker gone lol. I'm sure that was a factor.

Problematique likes this.
  7. Ninjastix

NBA and its owners need to drop the hammer on Dallas.

chrisc, Problematique and Nebraska like this.
  8. Dimson

Damn it Cuban. Damn it.

9. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

--- Post Added -- Sep 19, 2018, ---

10. Ninjastix

I can't express, with just a post, how absolutely LIVID I AM over Cuban's admission that he just trusted people at their word. Cuban has always come across as a vacuous mouth breather to me, someone that speaks in generalities rather than any specifics that would indicate keen insight or expertise. But I've had to bite my tongue at times because of he glorious net worth.

And no one that rich could be stupid right?

He literally used complete and utter ignorance as a defense for not managing his business in the last 18 years and this is CONSISTENT with what I see in my day in and day out with these executive fuck bags..

All these rich, either progressive or conservative, showboating, chest pouting, ego touting cocksuckers that pretend their the business equivalent of a stud NFL Linebacker can't stomach confrontation even when it leaves them on the line for accountability. Fucking pathetic. The NBA IS EGREGIOUSLY OUT OF LINE with that no-punishment. This is worse than Sterling or the Hawks situation. This is 18 FUCKING YEARS of what reads like a protected environment for sexual assault.

Silver's creditability is going to take a considerable hit here. Cuban going on ESPN's The Jump was a shit show. An owner that is completely ignorant of the day to day function of his front office should terrify the League. That's completely unacceptable. Not to mention he's on the record as saying he implicity trusts the new CEO..

MUTHAFUCKER ARE YOU FOR REAL?! So, fine, let's say your new CEO does clean up the culture and because you have 0 oversight and 0 presence with the management of your operations she decides to reward herself by embezzling team funds..

Hey, she gave your her word she wouldn't right? This fucking guy CANNOT own a fucking team. This is completely unacceptable. This needs to be a bigger deal because the cult of appearance puts the financially successful on pedestals like they're fucking geniuses. Cuban is proof that you don't need to be smart or even involved to be successful, you need people to think you are.

Poindexter and Dimson like this.
  11. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I'm glad you said this. Every article I've read so far mentioned domestic violence, sexual harrassment, work place environment, but never the actual words sexual assualt. But then the articles go on to talk about actions that were sexual assualt. Just find it curious they refuse to use that word

12. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

13. Dimson

Holy shit. Good for KAT.

14. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Minnesota last year struggled when Butler was out and with him going, I could see them easily falling back out of the playoffs.

I just don't see how they become a contender building around KAT & Wiggins.

15. Ninjastix

Now? No, but in time absolutely, please, give me someone like KAT to build around. But like I said previously, Jimmy Butler isn't deferring to anyone his junior and you saw throughout the year the clash between Wiggins, Towns, Crawford, and Butler. Too many chiefs.

Jimmy Butler doesn't want to be a role player and I get that but he hasn't shown what he can accomplish as a number 1 option. It seems that other players aren't too keen to support him so that says something about his leadership imo. I think he has all the skills, talent, and ethic to be the guy on a team but in the league now.. that means making everyone else an option.

Jimmy to me is looking at the Kobe/Melo school of on court leadership and that shit don't fly. For the record I do NOT want him in NY. I'd rather lose another year and let Porzingas come back and try to be the number 1 option. Jimmy would be the best role player in the league if he just went back to working without the ball. You can absolutely call his number throughout the game, but as a primary ball handler? Fuck. No.

Poindexter likes this.
  16. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

NBA League Pass will now let you buy an out of market game starting with the 4th quarter for $1.99. For casual people like me, this is cool.

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  17. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

--- Post Added -- Sep 27, 2018, ---

18. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

19. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

20. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

--- Post Added -- Sep 30, 2018, ---

--- Post Added -- Sep 30, 2018, ---