1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

The NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Poindexter, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Can't recall an instance of a player essentially sitting themselves for a season while in their prime and while being one of the top players in the league. Even if the Spurs misdiagnosed the injury, wouldn't you still want to play? Wouldn't you have raised the issue pre-trade deadline so you could get back in before the season finished?

Leonard really hasn't done or said anything to warrant a backlash, it's more about what he hasn't done or said. If he's truly injured then it seems like it's something degenerative, because it's not recovering and he's not healing unless..

He re-injured himself outside of working with the Spurs staff. This is a bit conspiratorial, well, maybe more than a bit but I have a hard time buying that the Spurs couldn't properly evaluate their franchise star.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Poindexter likes this.
  2. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

When I first started watching basketball again, even on a casual basis, Leonard was touted as the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league behind Lebron but right there with KD. Then all this happened. It's got to effect his ability to be traded for full value because you don't know if you're getting an injured player or a player with character concerns. One way or the other, can you trust him to be a cornerstone. The talent is there for sure.

From all the things I've read and heard, he changed management and now his uncle runs his career. Since that time, this is how this has all played out. Wouldn't be surprised is he took the opportunity of a somewhat minor issue and used it as an excuse to leverage his way out of town.

Sitting out the entire season doesn't really hurt him except for his overall value but there are still going to be teams lined up to take a chance on him. He still got paid for a full year's salary even though he only played 9 games.

I like him as a player so I hope he was legitimately hurt and is going to be healed going into this next season. I would hate to think he milked an injury because he was unhappy with the team. I've also read and heard that his "rehab" is going great and he should be 100 percent going into the season. Go figure.

3. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

Yea... I understand how it all works and what is happening around the NBA. I follow basketball very closely

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Do ya AP?

5. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

6. FrankieButNotEdgar

Maybe take some time to get some police work done?

Dimson likes this.
  7. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

I’m on a vacation week but thanks

Dimson likes this.
  8. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Ok, NBA insider.

Ninjastix, Anal Prolapse and chrisc like this.
  9. FrankieButNotEdgar

No wonder the streets have gone to shit.

Dimson likes this.
  10. Poindexter

Cavs need Lillard, George, and Leonard.

11. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

12. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

13. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

Imagine how much shit Jerry West would get for his Finals record in the age if social media.

14. Poindexter

@Dimson would be all over that.

Dimson likes this.
  15. Ninjastix

Should be an interesting draft. I can't wait to see Mo in the NBA. I think he can really be a sleeper. If the Knicks draft Trae Young I'm leaving. He's gonna get butt fucked by NBA defense.

16. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Excited to see where Porter goes. Hope he can get healthy. I coached against him when he was in middle school. He could dunk and shoot from anywhere in 8th grade. I think we just told our players to try their best. We knew they were going to beat us and our players did as well. His time at Mizzou didn’t work out well, but I still appreciate him coming home.

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

The Spurs outright said no to the Lakers for Kawhi.

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  18. Ninjastix

Lakers got dick to offer for Leonard. Spurs are under no obligation to make a Western Conference team any better. But I still think you move him, just send him to the East. Send him somewhere cold.

Nebraska and Dimson like this.
  19. FrankieButNotEdgar

It’s a tough proposition to maximize his value when it’s made clear he’s leaving for LA next year. Any team that trades for him is getting a one year rental.

20. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Go Nuggets!