1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

The NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Poindexter, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

There needs to be an alternative to the college system. Kids that want to go pro or just don't wantto go to college, but aren't NBA ready should have a viable option.

2. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Oh from looking at them no doubt lol, Malone was bulky as shit, I am just going off of height and weight and supposively Lebron is playing at around 280 this season to technically he would be bigger than Malone this year. Malone was a physical freak in his own right, I remember his one year with the Lakers thinking he looked more ripped than ever, made no damn sense.

3. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Call Lavar Ball. He’s got an idea.

Dimson and Anal Prolapse like this.
  4. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can’t beleive he is 280 though. If he is 280 Malone was 290 I think that’s a big exaggeration on LJ weight.

5. FrankieButNotEdgar

Everything I’ve ever heard on Lebron says he’s 260.

6. Neganomics

Neganomics I know nothing.

This series is over already.

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Yup, good thing too.

This off season should be a fun ride.

8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

The only person I want to see James team up with is Pop.

Dimson likes this.
  9. FrankieButNotEdgar

Yep. I have fallback preferences but that one is number 1.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 9, 2018, ---
    Lebron punched a blackboard after Game 1 and broke his hand and played games 2-4 secretly as to not give it away to GS.

10. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

That's wasn't a great idea.

11. Ninjastix

We call that an Amare. I don’t care how many hands he had, they weren’t winning that series even if they took game 1.

Dimson, FrankieButNotEdgar and Afro like this.
  12. FrankieButNotEdgar

Lebron is going to have to sign somewhere for less than he's worth if he wants to win another ring. If he walks in and signs for what, 30-35 million, any team is going to be weakened by salary cap restrictions because of it. Houston would have zero bench. Philly could probably do it since Embiid and Simmons aren't breaking the bank but is Philly going to be any better than the Kyrie/Love/Lebron team that lost to GS last year? Boston could probably take the hit if they got rid of Irving but again, same situation. He's going to have to take a page from KD's playbook and play for less than he's worth. Let's face it, he's not playing basketball anymore for money. So why let money hamstring the team? Isn't his Nike deal a lifetime billion dollar deal or some shit? If that was me, I'd say, "pay me the league minimum and let's load this motherfucker up."

13. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Are you guys talking about World Championship Wrestling superstar, Karl Malone?

[​IMG]

14. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

Lol I am and i remember that shit haha

Ninjastix and jesusatemyhotdog like this.
  15. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

If I’m not mistaken, he’s spoken out many times about players don’t being paid enough. I doubt he takes less money than he’s worth

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  16. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

There is zero chance that LeBron says "pay me the minimum." Kwame Brown comes back and becomes more dominant than 2000 Shaq before that happens.

Poindexter likes this.
  17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Man. Why you gotta bring up Kwame? You know that was Jordan's pick, right?
    [​IMG]

Dimson and Problematique like this.
  18. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

How the fuck do you not post The Mailman hitting the Diamond Cutter on Rodman?

[​IMG]

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  19. FrankieButNotEdgar

No shit. I’m saying if it were me and I was chasing rings, and to top it off, endorsements pay me more than basketball, then my basketball contract wouldn’t matter and I would do that.

20. Ninjastix

I think the Spurs can talk James into less than max, otherwise he's going have to do a sign and trade with the Cavs. But if you do that I don't think you can go supermax. Supermax players can only be traded the second year of that contract.

Sign and trade would be viable if he wanted to go somewhere like Boston. Wouldn't be so viable for Philly or Houston. James needs to play with fewer stars and better roleplayers. I think the Spurs would fit that but I don't know about Aldridge. He had a huge rebound season because he was the focal point. Splitting duties between Leonard and James might marginalize him again. But if you could get those three to work in tandem I think they'd beat anyone. Health providing. LA was extremely impressive last season in how he competed on defense and how he got back in transition.

Cousins is also out there. I can't wait to see who moves first. Warriors are now on the block, they're the team to beat so they're going to force free agents to make some interesting fucking choices if guys want titles.