The NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Poindexter, Jun 22, 2017.

1. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

I didn't watch the game simply because I assumed that they would lose. I really didn't like the Wiz match up based on what happened last time.

But, Go Reptars!

2. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Loving this Miami / 76ers game.

3. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Miami isn’t. Philly is going to be a goddamn problem when they get Embiid back.

4. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

No doubt.

5. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Boston/Milwaukee putting on a show.

As good as Cleveland has gotten, I don't know they will have what it takes to get past Philly. Hope I'm wrong, though nothing against Philly.

6. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

This game is awesome. That three by rosier and then Middleton. Fuck awesome
    --- Post Added -- Apr 15, 2018, ---
    Shit call got to let that be a jump ball

7. FrankieButNotEdgar

Cleveland will be lucky to get to the next round, much less Philly if they keep playing like this.

8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Indiana and Philly are two of the worst matchups for the Cavs based on those teams willingness to play up tempo and defend/scrap.

If Indiana continues to limit their turnovers and they drive the basket they'll take this series. Teams that pressure the Cavs defense break them. Teams that settle for jumpers bail out their bad habits.

Hillary's Vagina likes this.
  9. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Shitty performance by the Cavs. Hopefully they can adjust.

10. FrankieButNotEdgar

Ordinarily I would be confident they would overcome but I don't know after that. Jeff Green scores 0 points in 27 minutes on the floor and Ty Lue stuck with him. Lebron can't score all the points himself. As a team they shot less than 40 percent and Kevin Love did his shrinking routine when it matters most. They're all but assuring that Lebron is going elsewhere for 2018-19.

Poindexter likes this.
  11. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

I took pacers in the series. Like ninja said, tough matchup for Cavs.

12. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Gonna watch Pacers/Cavs shortly.

My timezone can kinda suck for some playoff games, lol.

Poindexter likes this.
  13. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Enjoy.

Problematique likes this.
  14. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Are the Thunder going to do well? I saw them play live last season. Holy shit was that fun. I like that big white dude that looks like Khal Drogo. Haven’t watched much this year but need to tune in now.

Poindexter likes this.
  15. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Smartass mother fucker.

16. FrankieButNotEdgar

Yea I think I read somewhere that of all the teams in the East still in the playoffs, only the Pacers took the season series. I could be wrong but I believe that’s what was said,

17. Ninjastix

The Thunder have a chance to be disruptive and upset a top seed or just collapse onto themselves. When their stars:. Westbrook, George, and Melo commit to defense then they can beat anyone including the Warriors. Or they can let offensive struggles lead them into arguing with refs and iso ball sets resulting in jump shots.

With the offensive talent Donovan has had (Westbrook, Durant, Oladipo, George, Melo) he has yet to demonstrate that he can implement an NBA offense. Defensively his teams have done well... when they're engaged. But defense is not OKC's identity.

I don't see the Thunder's composition leading to a title unless there's an injury to a Durant or Harden. Golden State is still far and away the deepest team. Houston the most explosive. OKC can be the disruptor but George and Melo will have to all in on all the small things it takes to eek out games. I think moving Melo to the second unit and letting him Joe Johnson the game would be worth while given his experience and OKCs lack of depth.

Miz likes this.
  18. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

[​IMG]
    --- Post Added -- Apr 16, 2018, ---
    [​IMG]

19. Ninjastix

Kyrie wouldn't have been much help this year. Not helping Boston. IT isn't helping the Lakers either. The reality is the Cavs have two wasted max spots between Love and Thompson. They do not know how to use Kevin and Thompson has struggled to stay healthy and fit the rotation.

The Cavs role players don't play roles and their max guys don't get you max numbers or make a max difference. They're just a poorly composed team at the moment. Both the coaching staff and players have consented to defer to LeBron and his style of play. Consequently they aren't a cohesive team with any real identity other than "James's team".

They have no defensive anchor. Think about that. They have no player setting the tone on defense. And saying that is should be James ignores the fact he has to carry the offense in his 15th season. There's no player in the league doing both. Harden's offense drives the Rockets. KD's offense drives the Warriors. Westbrook's offense drives the Thunder. All three are enabled by their role players to be able to contribute towards team defense, not be the defensive anchor. For Houston it's Capella and Paul at times. For Golden State it's Draymond and for the Thunder it's Adams.

There's no equivalent on the Cavs. When your offense fails you turn to defense and the Cavs have not had that option all season. They have good, young talent but it all hangs under the uncertainty of James' free agency and the expectations that come playing on his team.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  20. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

LeBron stood around and picked his nose the whole first quarter while Indiana built a 21-point lead.