1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

The NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Poindexter, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Like an unhappy marriage. Or a marriage in other words.

Dimson, Poindexter and Walter Sobchak like this.
  2. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Cavs don't look good.

3. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

I wanted to hear that from poin... I know how they have been,Lolol and I like your example

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

You'll get nothing from me, whore.

Dimson likes this.
  5. Monsonbychoke

120-88. Ouch

6. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Classic Cavs defence.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 3, 2018, ---
    So at this point of the season, who are your bets for the end of season awards?

7. Monsonbychoke

Celtics going after tyreke Evans and Lou Williams. Would love to land either, Williams is a scoring machine

8. Ninjastix

I got Harden for MVP. Coach of the year should go to Brad Stevens. I like Donovan Mitchell for Roty.

Defensive player of the year is a bullshit award in this league. Most improved would have to be Embid no? 6th man is Sweet Lou by a mile unless Doc has him starting now.

9. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I haven't decided who my DPOY is but;

MVP - Harden
    ROY - Simmons
    COY - Stevens

10. Ninjastix

The one things the Cavs have going for them is that, at least they're not the Knicks. Not sure how well Porzingas is going to recover given his height and weight. I guess an ACL tear is better than a knee fracture? But just when you think it can't get worse... it implodes.

11. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Shitty news about Porzingis. Rough.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 7, 2018, ---
    At least the game brought us this gem:

Poindexter likes this.
  12. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

The Cavs chemistry is fucking toxic. If they don't bring in some new faces and get some old ones out of there, or if Lebron won't waive his no trade clause, then the team is done. I'm a Lebron supporter, I don't get his haters but here's the thing. You can't have every single thing you want without giving up something in return. He wants an expensive roster but makes 35 million dollars, roughly 30 percent of their salary cap. If you want to bring in some other elite pieces, you're gonna have to give up some pay. I was reading the Cavs lost money last year and their roster this year is even more expensive. That's crazy. On top of that, Dan Gilbert said he would make more moves if Lebron signed a deal to stay in Cleveland but Lebron won't do that either. You can't expect him to throw away his team's future for one final run with Lebron. He's gonna have to compromise somewhere.

This is obviously his last year in Cleveland.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 8, 2018, ---
    The Cavs traded Isaiah Thomas, Channing Frye and Isaiah Thomas to the Lakers for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance.
    Damn the Cavs are going ham on their roster. They traded Dwayne Wade, Derrick Rose, Iman Shumpert, and Crowder to various teams.

13. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

This is what happened when you make LeBron upset, lol.

14. Ninjastix

On paper... the Cavs moves are pretty god damn amazing. The return on talent they got just doesn't make sense to me. Rodney Hood and Jordan Clarkson alone... especially when they moved injury magnets.

Nothing against Isiah, but he didn't want to be there and taking shots at the coach when he's playing half-hearted at best should earn you a bus ticket. Can't believe Isiah is now both a Celtic and a Laker lol... that's just uncanny given the history of the name.

But getting athletes like Clarkson, Nance, and Hood? Why are teams trying to help the Cavs here? The moved Rose, Shumpert, Thomas, and Wade who all have been hobbled. How the fuck was that possible? If you don't have league pass and haven't seen Hood play, the kid has talent and he can be an explosive scorer. I can't believe a team would trade for Derrick Rose.

I'm surprise the Cavs couldn't make a move for Lopez, he's withering on the Lakers bench as Walton has no idea what do with him.

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

As of this morning, the Cavs were trying to trade for DeAndre Jordan too. Not sure if that’s gonna happen.
    I’m not sure this is FOR LeBron or to make him pissed off. He said he wasn’t gonna waive his no trade clause so he can finish the season with his teammates, trading the entire team seems to go against that. And they traded his best bud Wade.

16. Ninjastix

Part of the Lakers trades we're to free cap space for James and Paul George in 2018/19 but that's not an instant contender, not by any stretch. The Lakers are 2-3 seasons off from developing the talent they have to even know what they have.

I don't think James has many great options to an immediate contender at the end of this season. Paul George would do well to stay put and allow Sam Presti to build around him and Russ.

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

If Lebron wants more rings, he needs to accept less money so another team can load up around him, IMO. This assertion that he gets a super max deal hamstrings any team that wants him if they want to add to it to compete with Golden State. Kevin Durant took 10 million dollars less than he's worth to stay with Golden State with the team in tact. Lebron should do the same and go to Houston or maybe OKC.

18. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

19. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

But Durant's a bitch, though.

20. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

[​IMG]

Poindexter likes this.