1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

The NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Poindexter, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Kid was a steal.

Dimson likes this.
  2. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Wow, Tatum is awesome.. for a rookie making that shot, it is huge.

3. Ninjastix

Porzingas!

Had to listen to the game because fuck Spectrum cable, but the Garden sounded live as fuck.

Watching Dennis Smith ball is still hurting my nuts but KP is looking like a junior MVP.

4. Problematique

Problematique Australia's Gaston.

--- Post Added -- Nov 10, 2017, ---

Poindexter likes this.
  5. Ninjastix

That kid was awesome BUT THE FUCKING TNT APP KEPT CUTTING OUT IT'S 2017 FIX YOUR FUCKING APP LET IT BUFFER YOU DUMB FUCKS THE SHIT MAKES IT TO YOUTUBE REGARDLESS YOU FUCKING DILDOS!!!

Problematique and Poindexter like this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

7. Ninjastix

I just don't see what there is to be excited about with Ball. Talent for talent is he better than Michael Carter-Williams? I don't think he is. He may be able to become physically stronger and be more durable than MCW but talent wise? I don't see it from what I've seen.

He's a gifted passer from what I've seen but his shot is a limitation as is he defense and general passivity. Ricky Rubio had the same kind of struggle so I think Lonzo.can get there but neither Rubio or MCW are franchise players in the league.

What combo guard is? Jimmy Butler is the only one that comes to mind.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Coulda been a Knick.

9. Problematique

10. Ninjastix

Walt Clyde Fraiser is right, Cavs have no chemistry. Knicks could be up 20+ if they made shots. KP needs to keep looking to pass out of the double. McDermott has actually developed some defense.

Frenchy has defense but not a day goes by I don't wish the Knicks had taken Smith. Problem is the already signed Hardaway, would have been a fiasco trying to get that backcourt to share. Ultimately Frank is a big guard that can defend. That'll have to do.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 13, 2017, ---
    And that's the kind of shit that makes it hard to be a Knicks fan. You blow a 23 point lead and even still you have an opportunity to grab one last chance and fail to get a defensive rebound.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. Poindexter

Crazy fourth quarter.

12. Ninjastix

They had to go out of their way to lose that game. I will say that the Cavs bench being a catalyst is not a good sign for them. Kevin Love is the most confusing player in the league as I've never quite seen someone go from being so useful to useless to the bench back to dominating.

He is a walking Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde scenario.

Poindexter likes this.
  13. Poindexter

Green is looking good for the Cavs.

14. Problematique

Bulls, 7 points in the first quarter.

fuckin' hell
    --- Post Added -- Nov 15, 2017 at 9:45 PM, ---

15. Ninjastix

I've seen a little of the Bulls this year but Portis looks pretty good. When he's not knocking out teammates.

16. Walter Sobchak

Warriors vs Celtics tonight... huge game! I just may go.

Dimson likes this.
  17. Poindexter

Do it you pussy.

18. Ninjastix

Boston is a regular season team. Same as Houston. Both teams don't have that depth or consistency yet. But I appreciate that Boston plays defense.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 16, 2017 at 9:31 PM, ---
    Serious question though, why is Smart in this game and not Rozier? Smart is costing them possessions.

19. Walter Sobchak

I agree his play tonight was awful, I think they just are thinking he is better on the court for his defense but tonight they 100% should of pulled him for Rozier. We could of been up 6 at one point but he kept fucking the duck on the offensive end

20. Ninjastix

I enjoyed seeing Golden State get bodied but too often they're going to get the benefit of calls. Teams can't just choose to turn up.defensive intensity, you have to consistently grind. Golden State always struggled with that grindy Memphis defense but the Grizz were never fully healthy in those series. Boston is doing the right thing by setting an expectation with their physical play. Lackadaisical effort by Golden State tonight, but I stand by the fact that Boston will do well this regular season but the post season is where their limits (shooting and shot selection) will come into play.

If the Wizards put their energy and effort into playing D like the Celts they'd be the team to beat in the East. They think way too highly of.themselves for that to be a reality.