1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

The NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by split2874, Jun 22, 2016.

1. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

Yup. Chris Paul will be leaving to join SA or at least that is the rumor. I still cant believe Balmer paid $2B for a team that has never made it past the 2nd round and it looks like that is not going to change anytime soon.

2. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I actually think it's Blake Griffin that's gonna be gone and Paul gets a new deal.

3. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

I would rather see Paul George go to Cleveland instead of Carmelo.

Beardown98 likes this.
  4. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

They should have traded Blake 2 years ago; his trade value has only gone down. The guy disappears in the 4th quarter

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  5. FrankieButNotEdgar

Paul George wants to play for the Lakers. He isn't signing with Cleveland.

6. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Paul George wants to win. Melo isn't going to Cleveland, his contract is unwieldy the way it's presently constituted and he's a big city kind of guy. If there was a way he could restructure his contract I'd be less skeptical but I believe the CBA wouldn't allow for it. Not that Melo is tripping over himself to make less, even if it were for a title.

The Cavs making a play at George would make sense but they'd have to move pieces like Love, Thompson, or Smith. Honestly I think you move Thompson, Love can at least spread the floor and give you offense.

7. FrankieButNotEdgar

How much money is Thompson making? Love has a max deal right? He's not worth a max deal when he keeps disappearing in the clutch. I like the guy but you can free up slot of cap space moving him.

8. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Love is great when he is one of the primary scorers. He is lost in Cleveland as the 3rd wheel.

9. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Thompson has a max contract. Love gives you offense if he's utilized and he gets you boards and assists. The problem is now, in this league, he has to play the 5 honestly.
    Thompson gets you boards and put backs. He's a quality defender but there are better.

I think Love is tradeable but I'd move Thompson, Smith, and Korver first.

10. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Completely different. Durrant's teams almost (and should have) made it to the finals last year. Durrant also talked shit about stars joining teams with other stars. Melo is in a shitty situation in NY.

11. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

I'm a huge Melo fan dating back to Syracuse and I'm still pretty ride or die with him even as his game has gotten a little....slower lol. That Knicks situation is a mess (which I'm still curious to see how the NBAPA handles the Phil stuff) and I'd love to see Melo go some place and win, but even as a huge fan I really don't think he'd be the right fit with the Cavs.

Chris Paul to San Antonio would give them an interesting facelift but Aldridge as the third isn't as spectacular as I think they'd need, but having watched years of Lowry, I think SA would be smart to go with Paul if given the option between the two. I think whoever lands Griffin is probably throwing away too much money, I've heard OKC taking interest in a move for him.

I'm a big Heat/Reilly/Spoelstra booster and am really intrigued to see which free agents (Hayward, Millsap) take a hard look at "Heat Culture", coupled with the lack of state tax and the favourable locale.

12. Dimson

So, who is excited for the draft? I love the draft and always watch, even if I have no idea who most of the kids are.

13. FrankieButNotEdgar

I hope the Lakers pass on Lonzo Ball so he and his ol' man have to eat shit.

14. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I'd pay for a pair of his shoes to see that. Actually, they're too expensive and not something I would want. But, you get the point.

15. Dimson

I just don't see the Lakers passing on Ball. It just won't happen.

16. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

Would love to see George in green

17. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Here you go:

[​IMG]

18. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Jerry West to the clippers.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 15, 2017, ---

19. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

20. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

Boy, Draymond needs to pick his foul game up. Love those old 80's and 90's games. Specially those 80's Lakers Celtics series.

Problematique and Poindexter like this.