1. Imagination has a great deal to do with winning. Discuss: "UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs Edwards" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims: UFC Fight Pass/ESPN, 6:00 p.m. ET. Main card: ESPN, 9 p.m. ET.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs. Edwards.
Dismiss Notice
There are few die well that die in a battle. Get your picks in now: Official 2019 Annual Pick 'Ems Challenge - ESPN 4: dos Anjos vs. Edwards.

The NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by split2874, Jun 22, 2016.

1. split2874

split2874 Relax

I figured after the last post with the parade we should just start a new one

Rose to the Knicks. interesting hopefully he can stay healthy I would like to see him have a come back player of year type season

Teague to the pacers I think is a good trade but it might be a one year thing.

Poindexter likes this.
  2. cheeseflosser

cheeseflosser Well-Known Member

Teague grew up here and rumors are that he'd sign long term. Another rumor out is a deal coming for horford......

Either way, the Teague deal slows down that Atlanta team that's been building for the last few years and continuing to improve. That's a big deal.

I heard a guy bitching at work today and had to break down the fact that George hill had overachieved while Teague still had big upside.

Should be interesting at least in the near future with McMillan coaching.

3. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

I'm wondering who the Cavs will push for this off season. I would still like to see a quality shooter, ie consistent shooter, picked up by the Cavs.

The Knicks will be interesting if not entertaining this year.

4. split2874

split2874 Relax

I read the Dwight Howard is considering the Knicks. If he can regain some of his earlier form, Rose stays healthy, and Melo plays like he wants to win...Knicks might do ok next season

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I want nothing to do with Dwight. He's getting stiffer and stiffer year over year. He's never developed the suite of low post moves to augment his aging.

Id rather Noah.

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  6. split2874

split2874 Relax

Or maybe Pau Gasol.

7. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

I don't know anyone in the Eastern Conference that wouldn't like Noah on their team. Noah would be amazing.
    Hell, I would love to see Noah and TT crashing boards together and especially the level of defense Noah can play.

8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Some people are saying this was a dis:

[​IMG]

9. split2874

split2874 Relax

Pels get Buddy. he looks the part

10. Poindexter

Anybody have an updated list of the draft?

11. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16462469/serge-ibaka-traded-oklahoma-city-thunder-orlando-magic

Clearing up more room to persuade Durant to stay. And to convince Westbrook to follow suit next year.

Ninjastix likes this.
  12. cheeseflosser

Oladipo is a good add and sabonis has some smooth moves on the block.

Not bad if clearing cap space.

13. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

Ibaka was going to become a free agent at the end of next season, so it's good to get something out of trading him. It was either him or Westbrook in 2017.

14. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Oladipo is the man. I think the people of Orlando will really miss him. What do you guys think about your teams drafts? There seems to be a lot of Euros in this years draft.

15. split2874

split2874 Relax

Pelicans did very well I thought. we got Buddy Heild at #6. I think he is going to be a great fit. I have read that he has and great work ethic, leadership, and I have seen his shooting. the in the 2nd round we got Cheick Diallo, he is a young 6'9" forward from Kansas. I have heard that he has an incredible motor like Kenneth Farrid.

16. Poindexter

The Knicks get nothing.

17. cheeseflosser

Well, the Pacers were able to secure Thaddeus Young instead of Horford.

He's a nice player with potential but I'm not sold on packing the paint with undersized guys who don't move their feet all that well. At least Myles Turner has time to grow while the rest of the league pulls their dicks playing small ball. Cleveland will have shifted that paradigm (hopefully) with this year's "roughing-up" of GS.

18. Poindexter

19. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Huge fucking move by OKC, good gets all around. There staff does a great job with developing talent as well, should Durant return that teams is Money imo.

Seems like Ibaka was displeased with his positional play in OKC, good for him, he should be a center.

20. split2874

split2874 Relax