1. Having nothing to struggle against, they have nothing to struggle for. "UFC on ESPN 1: Velasquez vs NGannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
    Dismiss Notice

The (Little To No) MMA Progress Of "CM Punk"

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Poindexter, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

2. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I want to know how is talk with Askren went, lol.

3. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

Regardless of how I feel about the UFC's decisions regarding punk, I like him. He seems like a good guy. He knows the sport and respects the history. I hope he does well.

Ramma likes this.
  4. Noise

Noise Ruido

With who...? :confusion:

Dirty and Dimson like this.
  5. Ramma

Ramma Judo Throws Arouse Me

That's how I feel. He's conducted himself in a very humble manner, he's clear that he hasn't earned the spot but the UFC granted it to him and he took it, and he's been nothing but respectful to all parties.

I am by no means a WWE fan (haven't been for probably over 10 years at this point), nor have I watched a single CM Punk match, but I do like him and hope for his success.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    disposableassassin likes this.
  6. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Same! Though he thanked him and Pettis at the end of the video.

7. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

Askren strikes me as the type of guy who wouldn't talk all of this crazy shit he tweets face to face. I think he is running his mouth on the netz to increase his visibility because he is viewed as boring, and hell the guy has to get paid.

ILJO likes this.
  8. thumper

thumper Picogrammy Staff Member

that's what I see too. I have only seen a couple interviews with CM. i don't watch wrestling so i don't know him, but I'll tell ya from what I have seen regarding mma, he's a likable guy with a humble attitude albeit confident.

That all being said, i have looked him up a bit since this all came to light. i don't think he's going to do much of anything unless they give him cans, and if they do that i likely won't be a fan.

I was a fan of brocks when he came in because he was an absolute monster in amateur wrestling and was like 101 and 5 career. He proved his worth there. Now, the reality is i don't think he was, is or ever will be a true martial artist, but i respect what he accomplished for sure.

I don't know if I'll be a fan of CM, i think at this point probably not. but I don't dislike him. I do have a nagging feeling though that it bugs me when these guys get shots at big money in the ufc when guys that trained their whole lives in different martial arts, then dedicated their lives to mma might not get a shot because cm gets one. So it's a double edge sword.

Whatever, he's 36 years old starting out in mma? i don't see it going very far. unless I missed something his only experience in fighting i wrestling, which is absolutely not fight experience in any way shape or form.

On the other hand as much as I dislike the McMMA way the UFC manages MMA, i don't want to see them go away. If this could spike viewership again at this point i think i'd probably support it. because while someone might not get their shot becusae CM is here, if he brings in fans and prolongs the popularity of mma even a little, that change could give several guys chances that would have never had it. So in the long run i can't be mad about it.

disposableassassin likes this.
  9. Dimson

I don't see them feeding him cans. But don't be mad if his first fight is a guy with a 1-0 or 1-2 type record.

10. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Best. In. The. World.

11. Dimson

If he changes his walk out song, I am going to be pissed.

ProSpecLive likes this.
  12. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

same. furious, even. I'm still hoping that the fight happens in Chicago.

13. Poindexter

14. Dimson

It will be in Vegas. I think of he stays in the UFC long enough he will fight in Chicago though.

15. Poindexter

You see that virgin nose?

orion_damage likes this.
  16. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

It's just asking for a pounding...

orion_damage likes this.
  17. Noise

Noise Ruido

lol, nice.

18. ILJO