The hypocrisy of the 2nd amendment

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Palma, Sep 16, 2018 at 2:41 AM.

1. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I'm sorry to judge people, but i am judging their ability to be objective more than their intelligence.

I am an American and very proud of it. Part of it has to do with being the leaders of the free world.

Living in a free country requires the ability to look at all inalienable rights as more important than the others.

Kaepernick is displaying his right to protest and it is protected by the first amendment. To me, the second amendment isn't just a step behind the first amendment, in terms of importance, but it was made second to protect the first by arms. That's how important the first was.

I can imagine living in an oppressive monarchy, and valuing the ability to speak and disagree freely over the ability to defend your country against its own government.

Thy hypocrisy has most to do with, conservatives are way too pro gun and way too anti kneel, but the reality of those rites are offensive to other groups without consideration of empathy.

2. Neganomics

Neganomics I know nothing.

I agree with you but at this point in time conservatives aren’t alone in their iffiness on the first amendment. They may be burning Nikes and boycotting the NFL but at least they aren’t shouting down speakers on college campuses for no other reason than they disagree with the person’s message.

I still consider myself a liberal for the most part but “liberals” are making that label a little harder to wear these days.

But yeah I agree the first amendment is the absolute keystone of our country.

3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

the white privilege in this thread triggered me (all pun intended)

the first amendment is the center of American values, the 2nd is the center of its fear

owning guns to save yourself from a tyrannical government? if the govt wanted you dead or oppressed, no guns would save you. you would always be outgunned and out manned

white people want the 2nd amendment around because one day they know they will wake up and everyone around them will be black. the mailman will be black. the cops black. the judges black. so they will cling to their guns like its their tiny white cocks

and then one day before bed some light comes in from the window. they look out too see a bunch of people dressed like colin kapernick burning a large capital W on their lawn

[​IMG]

but really, drawing a parallel between weaponry and freedom makes a person look stupid

4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

What’s your sig?

5. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I completely agree and to paraphrase Joe Rogan, then liberal community has (ironically) become the most intolerant to opposing opinions. That fuels the conservatives beliefs that they are right.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 16, 2018 at 6:54 PM, ---
    I agree that it's futile, but also support freedom by weaponry. I support the Bill of Rights as a whole, even though I don't believe in owning guns myself.

6. Trodden

from a movie called 'Pompoko'

weaponry isnt a form a freedom, it may seem like it to you, but Id venture a guess youre a white guy

I dont think youre racist, so let me explain

I live in Missouri, currently. in missouri you no longer need a permit to carry a gun in public. as long as you own the gun legally, you can carry it in Missouri. you see a lot of people with handguns on their hips

I have never seen ONE cop check a white guys ID when having a gun on their hip. I get mine checked at least once every couple weeks at least. Just last week I went to get groceries and two cops stopped me in the parking lot and asked me to secure my gun in my car so they could check me ID

when I asked why, they said they had 'complaints'. Now when I go out my headphones are always in my ears. I dont speak to anyone, but someone saw a mexican in a store with a gun, and someone called the cops, even though I can carry it legally. the cops ran my ID, nothing came back, they left.

they shit doesnt happen to white people here

you can say theres a parallel between weaponry and freedom, but it makes you seem like you can only see the American experience thru your eyes

the whole 'guns keep you free' bullshit doesnt apply to people of color.

7. Palma

Palma I am chaos

No, I never said weaponry is a form of freedom, nor did I say weaponry is parallel to freedom.

I literally said that I "support freedom by weaponry." Can you really not comprehend this? Freedom is completely separate from having a gun (or weapon), but I also believe that Freedom is worth protecting by guns (weaponry).

I am not white, and you should try expanding your mind and what is possible outside of your own personal reality.

You either brushed passed my post and gathered what fits your agenda or you aren't capable of understanding what I clearly said in my original post. What does your ethnicity have anything to do with this on a national level?

8. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

"Intolerance" from liberals and conservatives goes both ways.

I more often see liberals being called out for being "intolerant" when it comes to extreme forms of ideals like nazism and white supremacy.

Sure, if you're trying to speak at a college and your message is nothing more than a thinly veiled message of nazism, then fuck you. Nazism has been documented as an ideal set that leads to genocide. There were two fucking wars fought on that front.

Anyone trying to reignite nazism as a reasonable way to live can and should get shout down.

I do see instances of liberals taking shit way too fucking far on some other instances, like shouting down men's rights groups, and basic conservative speakers that do not advocate for nazism/white supremacy, that shit is fucking dogshit.

All this talk of liberals being intolerant sure as shit misses the mark when you consider the level of tolerance from conservatives directed at minorities, immigrants, refugees, the poor, non christians, nepotism, etc.

Poindexter likes this.
  9. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I see what you're saying and maybe this is just me, but I hold liberals more accountable for being intolerant than conservatives because tolerancy and accepting is what the liberal platform is built on. On the other side though, I like to hold conservatives more accountable for things like infedeilty with their platform being build on morals and shit like that.

10. Neganomics

Neganomics I know nothing.

I completely agree with this but I also think within this statement resides the real reason people are so stubborn on these gun issues. It’s because of how our country gained its independence. There’s just something in our country’s lore about a band of rebels overthrowing the tyrannical government (i.e. the American Revolution) and I don’t think people have adapted to the idea that really something like that is no longer possible. The gap in access to weapons technology between the government and the citizens has never been larger and it keeps growing. We can have our glocks and AR-15s but they have fucking stealth bombers, nuclear weapons, tanks, drones, etc. We absolutely could not defend ourselves if the government decided to attack, and we wouldn’t even have so much as a fighting chance. So it’s a ridiculous argument in all reality.

SickNasty likes this.
  11. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Depends on the situation. I think a lot of people would defect if they perceived the government to be in the wrong. I was in the military and if the government turned on us I might have defected if I thought the people were in the right. It would be crazy to occupy America with how many weapons are in the hands of the people. Lots of people would fight a tyrannical government and some soldiers would side with the people.

12. SickNasty

Do you think the amount of dissent/defections would be enough?

With my vast experience of 0 years in the military and 0 years in study, I would think that the amount of defections wouldn't be enough to do shit.

I'm not saying that the military turns people in to military loving mind controlled zombies willing to do anything ordered of them. But I am sure that there are military loving mind controlled zombies willing to do anything ordered of them.

I haven't really seen anything that would make me believe otherwise, however, I can be convinced otherwise.

With that said, having your guns to protect yourself from the government is kind of silly. If you're willing to use your gun against the government to protect yourself then you're just going to get killed by the government. They're going to win.

13. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I think it depends on what the government is trying to do. A lot of people in the military are gun fanatics and shit. And a lot disagree with the government. I think WHO defects would be key as certain positions could fuck up the flow of information and operations

14. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I'm not ignoring your first part of your post, but I think this part is at the heart of the conversation. I like how ChrisC expressed the expectation of tolerance from liberals has a higher expectation, so maybe it's just seems more intolerant in comparison.

I'm speaking more about ideas than people and platforms. Our current president is a great example. The notion that his administration is 100% completely negative for our country is impossible. I know the arguments against it, but just to generalize a couple positives: we're not at war, and the economy is healthy.

I know people that will not admit these are good things out of principle because of issues like immigration, fraud, treason, racism, etc.. all legitimate reasons to hate this administration, but it's pure intolerance to not even let yourself think there is anything positive.

Maybe it's a personal biased of mine. I'm an extreme liberal community, and now live in the state Capitol, which is pretty balanced.

Miz likes this.
  15. SickNasty

I don't disagree and I definitely should have explored specific circumstances.

Not being at war and having a healthy economy is great and should be enjoyed and liberals who refuse to say such due to 45 being 45 are fuckasses.

Not sending US troops to more wars is great.

As a liberal, I fucking hate super left leaning people that speak about repealing 2A, about abolishing ICE and shit, or shut down discussion on social issues by purposeful, and accidental, misinterpretation of conservative views.

It's probably been going on for longer than I think but the idea of winning an argument is infinitely more important than being correct for the betterment of all Americans, your local group, or the world, is too prevalent in political discourse.

Palma and chrisc like this.
  16. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Fuck you guys we need more war

17. Trodden

how could you not tell from both posts I was making a joke at first, and then just fucking with you

[​IMG]

18. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Your joke was not good

19. Trodden

wasnt meant to be