1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The GUN THREAD!!

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ChuckBooty 2.0, Dec 31, 2008.

1. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

It's about the MOST difficult thing I've ever tried to do. Especially since I'm trying to buy an AR-15 or M-4 (am also looking at AK's). Trying to read the laws on assault rifles out here is like trying to de-code the Da Vinci Code. And prices are through the ROOF out here.

Anyhoo....I'm also in the market for less-expensive hand-guns. So if any of you guys have a gun you'd like to part with, let me know.

What kind of guns do you guys have? How often do you shoot? Do you believe in gun-ownership (why and why not). Let's talk guns.

2. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Here are my guns!!!! Tickets start at $25 to the show.
    [​IMG]

3. Frag x 3

Frag x 3 everybody's friend

My small personal collection includes a Charter Arms .44 Special (not the Pug), a Smith and Wesson .40, and a Glock 9mm 19.

I carry my S&W with an inside-the-pants holster. It's easy access and even easier to hide. It makes concealing with a t-shirt easier than I expected. I would recommend one to anyone looking for something new.

4. Billy the Kid

Billy the Kid The Regulator

Of course, being a southerner, I am a gun fanatic! I own two handguns and upwards of 20 shotguns and hunting rifles. I used to shoot at least twice a week, but since the price of ammo has jumped up in the past few months its more like once a month. You are right about the assault rifle laws, they are very confusing and vary from state-to-state. If I can find a good site that puts the legislation into English, I will post it on this thread. My newest toy is my Rossi (Taurus) .357 mag revolver. I love this gun, its very versatile. it shoots .38, .38 spcl, .38spcl + P, and .357. What do you shoot?

5. groundgame

groundgame New Member

I have an M16, two 45's, A pistol grip 12 gauge pump action, a 22 rifle, a 30 06, a Remington M40A1 replica (built to military specs) my uncle gave me, and looking to get a new mossberg pump, an SKS, and a couple more handguns. Also after the last gun show I am looking to buy a Mauser 86 SR.

6. CrunkJuice

CrunkJuice King of the Dirty South

I am not gonna break down my stockpile for the record

but.....

I recommend a Ruger 45 for your main handgun, the smallest 357 or 44 revolver that you can find as a back up weapon, and an AK or SK assault rifle with at least a 30 round banana clip bc those guns are the most prevalent assault rifles on the planet meaning plenty of parts and ammo

Get a 22 rifle and/or Pistol for target practice bc it ammo is the cheapest at 20$ for 500rounds......used to be 9 for 500

I would wait to get hunting rifles and shotguns until last bc they won't be outlawed

7. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

8. ChrisAM

ChrisAM New Member

Im not really in a rush to get one, but I really would like to invest in some type of weapon when I get my own place/graduate college eventually.

[​IMG]

I was thinking something like this would keep any home invader from walking anytime soon. I dunno though, I wouldnt mind having a hunting rifle or a pistol either though...

9. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

I was really thinking about getting an AK, the only thing is that I'm SOOOO familiar with EVERY part of the M16, and pretty much had an M16 as a fifth limb for the year that I was in Iraq. My wife did a couple of years in the Army too...so she's also pretty familiar with them. AK's are cheaper though.
    As far as the assault rifle laws, California tried to outlaw all assault rifles, but failed...kinda. You can own an AR as long as it's off of their "list" of banned AR's and AK's. Not only THAT, but if you have a pistol grip, you must have a fixed magazine. Meaning you must either break the gun down and "top load" or use an allen wrench to remove your magazine (anything other than a ten-round mag is illegal too).
    Those of you in CA who are interested in this need to check out the forums at www.calguns.net.

10. groundgame

groundgame New Member

let me tell you from experience the sound of you cocking that shit will clear anyone out of anywhere. That is the universal sound for get the fuck out. That is exactly like mine, and that thing is a monster. I love my shotgun more than anything else.

11. CrunkJuice

GG, Rep bc u are correct Sir.....The sound of a cocking Shotgun is the Universal Lingo for get the fuck out!!!!

12. tatroxell1

tatroxell1 New Member

you get what you pay for....the essential 3: pump 12ga (mossberg or rem 870 or whatever), kalashvikov variant, good quality model 1911.
    shotgun, rifle, and pistol that will never fail and will outlive your great grandchildren.
    lol at anyone recommending a pistol other than a 1911 based on anything other than cost

13. gogoplata

gogoplata New Member

Ive got a ruger 45 acp pistol thats great. I have it loaded with big nasty defensive rounds for taking down a bear sized meth head (just in case)

Ive also got a .270 composite stock, bolt action, Winchester rifle (needs laser boar sight) with a 55mm German mil spec scope thats got the low light night vision anti fog gadgets

Lastly, I picked up a nice basic model Mossberg 12 gauge pump for a turkey hunt (i have yet to go on) and of course inner city defense for my house. ---Which leads me to ask a noob question here, does it matter what ammo i stick in that 12 gauge? I mean the choke only changes the spread right? I could load it up with buckshot and shoot it out a turkey choke without killing myself right? I should know this from skeet shooting club at boarding school but Ill just blame that lack of memory on weed.

14. tatroxell1

tatroxell1 New Member

use any shot bigger than 4.....i have mine loaded with 00 (obviously the smaller number = bigger shot)

15. CrunkJuice

Rep

I have the same 2 guns.....

My 45 Ruger acp doesn't leave my side, its like my underwear....its always there.

My Mossberg 12 is off the chain.....I keep 3 and Half inch 00 in it regardless of the choke.

16. sabreclaww

sabreclaww jui jitsoooos

them must be .22's LOL.....jk man

17. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Finally someone else likes the joke. I've been waiting on this thread for someone to comment on it. And yes, I know I got skinny little arms, but I am working on that.

18. CrunkJuice

your reply should be

"22s kill more people every year than any other gun"

true statement

19. Wolvish

Wolvish New Member

20. CrunkJuice

That Mofo is on Sleds....lmao