The Future of Meat; Replacing Meat with Plant-Based Meats

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by Sniggles, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

The Top-Secret Food That Will Change the Way You Eat
    More protein than beef. More omegas than salmon. Tons of calcium, antioxidants, and vitamin B. In their secret R&D lab, the scientists at Beyond Meat concocted a plant-protein-based performance burger that delivers the juicy flavor and texture of the real thing with none of the dietary and environmental downsides.

+ continued...

2. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Survival Pool Champion

once the price becomes cheaper than regular beef only then will it ever take off.

3. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

Fuck that shit. Food tastes better when you know a living creatured died so you could have you meal. It doesn't whether I get pepperoni on my pizza or the delivery driver has a stroke on the way to my house, both work.

4. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

That's an eventuality. I would be glad to support this if it became a more economical solution.

Switching off meat would be far more practical and economical once hemp becomes legalized. Hemp protein is top tier.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Healthier macros for lifting, bro.

5. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I have a little bit of land and want to raise some goats. I am thinking of raising a cow and slaughtering it myself. I process my own deer and own a grinder. I will switch off of meat when I die.

sourdough likes this.
  6. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

All I know is something has to die for me to eat. period, and it will always be that way. if it doesn't have parents it isn't dinner

7. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

It is pretty clear that most think that way.

Industrial livestock farming is costing the US far too much in resources. Evolution in dietary consumption will be necessary once climate change brings worsened droughts and clean water is scarce. Companies like this bring a glimmer of hope for change.

8. cheeseflosser

cheeseflosser Well-Known Member

Hope and Change always work out so well, too.

9. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Industrialization brings with it massive (inexcusable) upheavals on a variety of levels, but factory farming is something I don't see how anyone can support.

10. #1taz

#1taz You sure you want me to give a fuck? Site Donor

I knew a stripper named Hope years ago that turned tricks on the side...but she never gave out any change. But she would give you a hand job for $20, a blowjob for $30, and take you on a trip around the world for $50.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Just one more for the hell of it...

[video=youtube_share;Mh_CdJo3x8c]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  11. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

the gods demand a sacrifice!