1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

the Cops Do Bad Things thread

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Trodden, Aug 2, 2017.

?

Do you trust the Police every single time?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. fuck da police

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. cheeseflosser

cheeseflosser Well-Known Member

It's bagged and tagged as evidence along with the citation.

Contrary to what others would have you believe here, the citizen absolutely DOES have due process and that entails an opportunity to show he obtained the money legally aside from his illegal business. This would be done in court. What the fuck do people think a CITATION means? It's literally a notice of your right to DUE PROCESS UNDER THE LAW. I don't see where this is hard for people to understand (not a shot at you @Kevo).

My favorite part of the video is the caption, "Records show this was the only citation given for illegal vending..." So, you're telling me they're doing a great job and that the tactic appears to be nearly perfect? Great.

EDIT: In watching the complete video, if the officer confiscated money that was clearly not part of criminal activity, I disagree with that action. The video I originally watched didn't show what happened really other than the cop already having the wallet in hand and the individuals bitching at each other.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

There should be way more pages for this thread if we are truly considering the bad shit these jabronis do.

4. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

5. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

That sucks, but I don't really feel sorry for her. When a line of riot police decide that people need to be moved out of an area, trying to face them down and stop them usually has results like those.

0mega1, disposableassassin and Rise like this.
  6. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

Working illegally while others took the necessary steps to not have this happen to them

Palma likes this.
  7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

8. ILJO

ILJO Soggy Bottom Boy Site Donor

Right? Like who the fuck trusts a generalized group of people every fucking time? I don't trust most people, period, regardless of how you classify them. It's Obviously a loaded question (actually I just realized I don't know if I actually know what that means).

I don't know anyone who feels like cops shouldn't be "questioned." Everybody should question everything/everyone all the time, cop or no cop. It's just a matter of understanding your rights and knowing your options.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 21, 2017, ---
    Some cops are fucking assholes, clearly, and they do shitty shitty things sometimes. Don't get me wrong. But it's not because of, or inherent to, them being cops... it's because they're people.

Most people are some variant of stupid and/or asshole. What do you expect? Regular/ordinary(/sometimes lowly) people with power and autonomy .... Of course bad shit happens.

It's not so much that absolute power corrupts absolutely (or whatever), it's that it takes an extra ordinary person to never crack or falter. And we're not exactly paying for extraordinary.

They're basically asked to be soldiers and then expected to have the morals of a Philosopher or some shit. Compassion of a doctor....

And therein lies the problem. We don't give a fuck. We bitch about the ones doing bad shit but most of us are sure as fuck glad it's not us out there every night. We get outraged by trends that suggest systemic problems, but we hate on the police and target individuals instead of addressing underlying factors/circumstances allowing the state of affairs, as if that's going to get us anywhere....

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  9. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Get fucked

disposableassassin likes this.
  10. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

ESPN released a statement that ILJO's opinions are his own and do not represent the views of ESPN, ABC, or Disney.

11. ILJO

Oh yeah?? And if I refuse.... do you promise to do bad things to me? Officer DroolsOnHisDick

Poindexter likes this.
  12. kanobro

kanobro My New Challenge Site Donor

you're better than this

13. Walter Sobchak

Not really

kanobro and disposableassassin like this.
  14. ILJO

^ what that humongous creature said.

kanobro and Walter Sobchak like this.
  15. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

Ha, you must be new here

kanobro likes this.
  16. ILJO

Shut the fuck up freakdog.

17. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

18. Walter Sobchak

I heard they released the video of the Bennett situation. Has anyone seen it and did all of the accusations he made show?
    --- Post Added -- Oct 1, 2017, ---
    What are you saying is the issue here? That the man is upset cause the cop is searching his junk and rear? You are totally allowed to search someone's groin. There have been numerous weapons found (insert joke) in the crotch area of people being arrested as well as contraband. There is zero wrong with searching like that. Being arrested is not the most comfortable thing tonhave happen in any aspect.

Poindexter likes this.
  19. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

u like fingering suspects? lol
    --- Post Added -- Oct 1, 2017, ---
    i just thought it was funny

20. Walter Sobchak

Actually I'm sure he was not "fingering" him. To answer your question though, nah it's just as uncomfortable for me to search someone