The Bellator MMA thread

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

2. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Girtz/Charndler should be a banger tonight.

3. Cat--Smasher

4. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

[UPDATED with CA ratings] Bellator MMA draws just 242K on Paramount Network
    April 16, 2018

Bellator MMA drew just 242,000 viewers on The Paramount Network Friday night per Nielsen via ShowBuzz Daily. The simulcast on CMT drew an additional 161,000.

In the main event, Michael Chandler defeated Brandon Girtz in the first round via technical submission with an arm triangle choke after Girtz was put to sleep with the submission. On The Paramount Network, it drew 0.09 in the A18-49 demo. On CMT, it drew 0.07 in the A18-49 demo.

Notably, Combate Americas ran an event later that night on Univision and drew 181,000 viewers. It did 0.10 in the A18-49 demo.

UPDATED 4/17/18: According to Nielson, Combate Americas on Friday, according to Nielsen, ratings for the live simulcast was 583,000 P2+ viewers, and 296,000 viewers in the 18-49 year old category.

the Paramount Network is such a bad name spike name atleast had some appeal, i wonder if all rating is down for TPN? because of the name change.
    they really need to re-brand bellator, its such a bad name, with no appeal to casual fans.

5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

6. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

i'm pretty sure that 99% of the fanbase would like to see someone kick danis's face off, so this is the right way to get that fight.

That dude boxed himself in a corner. i still think a guy trying to follow conor should do things like conor did. he didn't start stinkin up the join with his mouth until he'd already proven himself valid. But man, if Dillon doesn't win out of the box he's put himself ina 2 and out situation.

Poindexter likes this.
  7. Cat--Smasher

8. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

They're low ratings for the cost of shows. Worryingly, I think Paul Daley was a bit part of why 199 did almost as well as 198.

9. Cat--Smasher

Scott Coker: Expect the Bellator roster to ‘really blossom’ in the next year

10. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Bellator President Scott Coker on A.J. McKee: 'I think this kid is dynamite'

11. Cat--Smasher

12. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

More tape delay for the rest of us?

13. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

Kano likes this.
  14. Cat--Smasher

After positive meeting, Bellator boss Scott Coker negotiating new deal with Paul Daley

15. AnchorPunch

Coker does plenty of shady things as a promoter, but stories like this really make me love him.

16. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

IMO just the title of 'promoter' correctly insinuates some underhanded shit just by the nature of the job.

That being said, Scott Coker does come across as a man of principal. Maybe I'm wrong, but every time i see a story about him it seems to come across making him look good.

17. Cat--Smasher

Like what?

Dimson likes this.
  18. Noise

Noise Ruido

Setting up a rematch with different rule set to benefit a particular fighter.

Dada3000.

The Shamrock-Kimbo movie he directed.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  19. AnchorPunch

Hiding guys who are obviously on steroids only on Indian reservations with no commissions (e.g. Lashley), repeatedly booking fights that are real medical concerns (e.g. Kimbo/Dada, Kimbo/Shamrock), etc.

Not to say that I've ever heard of Coker screwing over fighters (unless you want to count the $500 / fight under, under cards he does but I actually don't consider that shady since it's well known practice). But he definitely makes his fair of ugly promoter decisions IMO.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  20. Cat--Smasher

Seems par for the course for MMA promotions, no?

UFC have bent the rules to ensure fighters on steroids were still able to complete, even after it was known they were on PEDs (e.g. Lesnar).

UFC has booked numerous fights that were legit medical concerns (e.g. allowing fighters with serious staph infections to compete).

Etc.

Nothing about Coker's pay scale is shady.

The fighters who sign those contracts do so with full knowledge of what they are agreeing too. No one is tricking or forcing these fighters to compete on the untelevised portions of these Bellator cards. Most of these fighters are amateurs looking for a break, Bellator is providing that. Why should an inexperienced, unknown fighter in a non televised be making the big bucks?