The Avengers

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Tapout, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Cast is set!

http://io9.com/5595688/full-avengers-cast-assembles-on-stage-at-comic+con

I'm excited. Perfect director, brilliant cast. Now have all the nerds in hollywood work on that script!

2. ArMnHC

ArMnHC Great Chimdale County Man

this will be awesome!!!

3. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Mark Ruffalo? Mark fuckin' Ruffalo?? That sucks.

The rest is good.

4. ArMnHC

yeah i dont get Ruffalo. surprised they couldnt get someone better.

5. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Hell Eric Bana would have been better. I don't really like Chris Evans either. He was good in "The Losers" but I don't see him as Captain America. Then again, I thought the same thing when I heard Heath Ledger was playing the Joker before the first stills were released.

6. ArMnHC

i know they are gunna pretend they never made those atrocious Fantastic 4 movies, but i still don't like when 1 actor plays 2 heroes. i dont like Ryan Reynolds playing two heroes, despite the fact that one is DC and the other Marvel. its just lame to me. yeah idk bout Evans playing Captain America, but who knows maybe he'll do well.

7. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

The should have kept Norton, bastards.

8. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Marvel now has The Punisher rights again so I can't wait for that movie done right.

9. slikguy

slikguy Damn!

Lol the retarded hulk.

Hopefully it won't be happy go lucky champagne type of flick. This needs ti be dark and edgy

10. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Yeah i HATE who they got for the hulk.

11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

damn, when did that happen? i don't see them making another one any time soon though. the tom jane one wasn't a success until it hit DVD, and the ray stevenson one wasn't a success until someone changed the meaning of success to mean "collossal failure." it'll be a while before we see another punisher movie, i think. just wishful thinking, but i'd love an HBO type series, though.

12. slikguy

slikguy Damn!

I wonder what chris Nolan could do with the punisher character. If I had to place it it would be the middle of batman and jiggsaw

13. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Movie is going to blow haaaaard.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

The Punisher isn't the compelling character he once was because there have already been sympathetic killers throughout the TV and Movie landscape before, during, and after the comic to over saturated any unique qualities about him.

If you've watched a Seagal movie you've basically captured the essence of the Punisher, the great thing was that this translated exceptionally well to the comic landscape where everyone tends to be a moral pillar along with being a super hero.

I think the Batman slant translates better because it's more unfamiliar to have someone who draws the line at taking a life. There's no shortage of vengeance movie or show out there.

They should leave the property alone they've already done enough disservice to it.

I'm so sick of seeing Super Hero movies set in the "real world" context, I'm still waiting for the day they have a set of balls to produce a mainstream Marvel movie where people understand and live with the reality of people with super powers and the world conforms around it.

14. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

I honestly disagree, Whedon's run on astonishing was decent. I think he will be reverent to the source material while pushing the concept forward. Also Jeremy Renner is a going to be a great Clint Barton/Hawkeye. I do wish they had gotten Norton, that is a huge letdown but not anything i didn't already know. Also Nathan Fillion was rumored as ant-man, he would have been an amazing asset to this cast. He has also workied with Joss before, and could've helped keep him grounded.

Well you can say for sure, they have everything going for them which does usually mean fail. I just don't think so this time.

Also they have a director who has actually written 2 years of a mainstream(xmen) comic.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

I don't like that Bruce Banner is going to be 43....

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I would have loved to see Norton stay as Bruce, but i am not against Mark being Banner either. He will be able to play Banner perfectly imo not as good as Norton but better then Bana. They just needed someone good to play Banner as the Hulk will be CGI.

I love the cast, and i think Joss will do great with the movie. I have high hopes for this film, but i think Scarlett is the weak link in the cast.

16. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

Shes the weak link in any cast, but its forgivable given the circumstances.

17. TheKidInside

TheKidInside New Member

I thought the thread was about THIS Avengers.

[​IMG]

18. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

jeez dude, what's up your dick? so far, there isn't one bad thing going for this or WWZ, yet here you are shitting on both. wassupwitdat?

they have a great cast so far(though i don't know much of Ruffalo's work), an AWESOME director, and unlimited potential. i'm not saying its a sure thing that the movie will be great, but it makes no sense to me why it would blow, much less blow hard.

....fag.

19. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

K, then enjoy it. I think it's going to suck. That doesn't diminish your ability to see it does it? There's been countless comic/graphic novel/novel based movies that have had plenty go for it that have been just utter messes and failures. I except the Avengers to be average at best but more than likely it will be a generic shit action film that falls short of wowing or impressing.

I'm sure there's potential in it, just like WWZ, but I'm skeptical based on the landfill of shit we've seen previously.

Did the trend change this year?

20. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i just don't see the point of going out of your way to shit on a movie that has given us no reason to shit on it. of course, just like every movie, there's a high chance for it to be shit, but why make up your mind and talk so decidedly that its gonna "blow haaaard"? being skeptical is one thing. i totally understand that and i'm skeptical also to an extent, but you're not being skeptical, you're popping up and shitting on it for no apparent reason. i'm not calling you out or anything, just wondering why you're so against these movies that seem to have everything going for them thus far. were you raped by a zombie as a kid while an avenger took pictures or something?

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

by the by, foundstarr, Nathan Fillion was never going to be in Avengers and Ant-man has been out of the movie for a long time, too.