1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The Avengers: Endgame **SPOILERS** Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Apr 25, 2019.

1. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Where was Scarlet Witch in Infinity War? She fucked up Thanos all by herself

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

3. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Everyone is alive in an alternate timeline because Thanos doesn’t have the stones yet. That’s why it’s called an alternate timeline. All they did was undo the snap — Loki is dead, Frigga is dead, Nat is dead, Odin is dead, Quicksilver is dead, Vision is dead, Heimdall is dead.

As for the economic ripple effect of reviving billions of lives all at once ... it’s a goddamn movie, Freak. If you wanted everyone to stay dead then you should have stopped at Infinity War.

The only complaint that I have right now is that they didn’t show Cap returning the soul stone and having some kind of interaction with the Red Skull. That’s a pretty notable “hey, wait a minute” for me.

PicogramPenis and Kevo like this.
  4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Maybe the soul stone can't be returned, since the person sacrificed (Gamora, Nat) can't come back. Which raises more questions than it answers.

5. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

So you say Gamora and Loki are dead? I don’t know, I feel like they showed him stealing the soul stone and disappearing for a reason. Plus the lack of attention on gamora leads me to believe they’re alive

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  6. Nebraska

Alternate reality Gamora might be alive in the current timeline. They deliberately left that open for the audience at the end when they had Quill do a google search for her that got interrupted when the rest of the crew came aboard.

Loki is dead in the current timeline. He didn’t steal the soul stone, he stole the space stone.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  7. Nebraska

Old man Cap says “after I returned the stones” when Sam asks him if something went right or if something went wrong. That leads me to believe that there wasn’t any hiccup there. They just glossed over the Cap-Red Skull thing.

Kevo likes this.
  8. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Soul stone space stone same god damn thing

So why do you think they had Loki steal the soulspace stone? Nothing more than just a plot for them to have to go back in time more?

I’m just genuinely curious, I don’t really follow Marvel that closely.
    --- Post Added -- Apr 30, 2019, ---
    And if he didn’t return it, wouldn’t it have fucked everything up? Timeline wise?

9. Nebraska

Gave them a reason to need more Pym particles, which in turn led to Tony getting some closure with his dad and to show the audience how much Cap still wishes he could go back and have a life with Peggy. It set up the final chapter for those characters.

Cornbread and Ketchup likes this.
  10. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I’d say it makes sense and probably agree, but it’s you so nah.

Nebraska likes this.
  11. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Which sucks, I was hoping for an interaction as well.

12. Nebraska

I won’t say I was in the group that needed it, but given that it happened off screen it got me curious. I still love everything they did with Cap in these films from beginning to end.

13. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

i get its a movie but if they want me to buy into their logic that they set out in the movie then they better make sure everything has a reasonable explanation, Now when the characters were talking about the timeline stuff and ant man was confused and if they just said to him, "trust us the theory will work" then fine but they gave they didn't do that, thats why a time reversal would have fixed all your problems.

now if they still wanted to do an alternative timeline angle then they could have had Thanos creating alternative times lines to make sure that the snap he created would have always happen, they could have done that or something with the reality stone.

14. Nebraska

15. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

It didn't last long as I quickly realised I was the only one in the cinema to do so. Whoops.

Kevo likes this.
  16. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Protecting Vision. She handled Thanos power pretty well the first time around and then the second time around, it was all about vengeance. I was hoping someone would have killed Thanos versus him just dusting away.
    --- Post Added -- May 1, 2019, ---
    I'd venture to say Loki's being alive is going to be the premise of his Disney+ show and Gamora being alive the premise of Guardians 3.
    --- Post Added -- May 1, 2019, ---
    5D30DE33-110F-4649-90B1-AFE29523BB5D.jpeg

17. Nebraska

Kevo likes this.
  18. FrankieButNotEdgar

19. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Iron Man killed him at the end.

20. FrankieButNotEdgar

He dusted him as well as the entire army he brought. I wanted to see someone one on one burst his head or fucking kill him, the way Thor did. I can’t tell you how much gratification I would have gotten out of Scarlet Witch busting his fucking head open.

Sure he dusted away, but that’s not nearly as gratifying as Thor beheading him or Scarlet Witch making his head pop like a giant grape but I’m a sick bastard so maybe that’s just me.

Kevo likes this.